Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Can't connect TTS to bike

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2013, 11:57 AM
Niels83
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't connect TTS to bike

I have a FXSB Breakout with a 6-pin connector, TTS cables as adviced by the shop owner and a MasterTune2.
I've installed the drivers, did the updates and everything, but I keep getting an error.

I've tried using just the ACC and also from the IGN. No difference. I've tried first connecting the bike, than the laptop. And first the laptop and than the bike. And all sorts of combinations of that. It says my TTS interface is in COM3, but it gets no reponse. I've searched the web and the TTS guide, but couldn't find out why. Any thoughts? This is what I get (after File > Save, Restore and program ECM...)

Old 11-29-2013, 12:44 PM
PIGGI
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Run/stop switch in RUN position?

Old 11-29-2013, 02:22 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,035 Likes on 1,103 Posts

You must update the blue dongle firmware first. HD06 icon will be on your desktop.

Hook up your blue dongle to the computer then to the bike. Turn on the bike run switch on and click the HD06 icon. Then run the firmware updater.

Old 11-30-2013, 11:22 AM
Niels83
Novice

Originally Posted by PIGGI
Run/stop switch in RUN position?
Good point, but had that.

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
ou must update the blue dongle firmware first.
Tried that, got this as a reward for my effort:

Which is weird right? Had the Run/Stop switch in RUN position and tried both the ACC and the IGN position on the bike

Old 11-30-2013, 11:34 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

On your original post you have the TTS software set to manual... set it to auto.

Did the firmware update find the blue TTS dongle? If so, setting the software to auto will help find the proper COM for the TTS. As long as the 6- pin connector is plugged into the correct bike adapter and the ignition switch is on with the handlebar run switch you should get power to the TTS and the computer will see it.

If that doesn't work, you will need to contact MasterTune Monday.

Old 12-01-2013, 10:43 AM
Niels83
Novice

Okay, so I've set it to auto, but still no luck. It finds "COM3" but keeps stating [no response]. The updater keeps saying "No interface detected". I've tried it with the bike in the ACC and IGN position and the run/stop switch in run. So no luck updating the dongle or bike.

Before I contact the vendor/MasterTune, this is where I plug in the connector (It's under the seat and the only 6-pin connector I could find. Which is sealed of with a rubber plug):

Thanks for the help so far guys, if I find out what the problem is, I'll let you guys know for future reference

Old 12-01-2013, 10:59 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

You've done everything correctly. The last tid-bit I can think of would be the dongle drivers.

When you installed the dongle on your computer did you notice if there was a driver installation occurring? In other words... does your computer see the dongle?

Plug in the TTS dongle only to your computer. Open up your Control Panel and look at your Device Manager. See if you have a yellow triangle next to the dongle device. Right click and upload new driver. Make sure you have internet connection.

Old 04-23-2016, 05:07 PM
jacora
Novice
Angry Can't see the bike with TTS blue dongle

Hi;
I have a 2012 Road King Classic modified and after being a successful TTS Mastertune user after last software update I can't connect to the bike, my laptop detect the dongle but can't connect to the bike. At the beginning I was thinking it was low battery voltage but after charge it correctly the problem persist. I need some body help in this issue.

Regards

Old 04-23-2016, 06:58 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

Physically connect the TTS to the bike and the computer. Run the HD06 firmware updater and update the software in the blue TTS.

Each time you update your TTS software you must run the HD06 firmware updater on the TTS dongle.

That should fix your issue.

The following users liked this post:
jacora (04-23-2016)
Old 04-23-2016, 08:20 PM
jacora
Novice

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
Physically connect the TTS to the bike and the computer. Run the HD06 firmware updater and update the software in the blue TTS.
Each time you update your TTS software you must run the HD06 firmware updater on the TTS dongle.
That should fix your issue.
Wiz, thanks for your reply.
That's exactly what I did it.
I'm been doing updates to the software and then to the dongle firmware to reprogram as usual the bike ECM since 2014.
Also, I'm your follower in this thread in this forum and others.
This is the first time this happens and have no clue.

Quick Reply: Can't connect TTS to bike