Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

14 Iron 883 with Power Vision Lost Gear Indicator

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 01:13 PM
RadRodriguez
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 14 Iron 883 with Power Vision Lost Gear Indicator

Hi,

I have a 2014 Iron 883 with V&H Short Shots and SE high-flow air filter. I installed a Power Vision from Fuel Moto and loaded the appropriate map.

Immediately after updating the ECM with the new map, my gear indicator on the spedo disappeared. I tested my theory by reverting back to the stock map and the gear indicator came back and worked like new. I also loaded a map from the DynoJet web site and the gear indicator again disappeared.

Jamie over at Fuel Moto had me check the gear ratios and other factors in their map versus the original map. All values were either identical or reset to be identical. Again when I loaded the Fuel Moto map, the gear indicator disappeared.

Jamie is looking into the problem but I was wondering if anybody else is running a Power Vision on a 2014 Sportster and has noticed the same thing or is this a one-off with my bike only .

Thanks!

Old 03-05-2014, 08:04 PM
Sketchykillroy
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just installed a power vision on my 14 Iron and am having the same issue. Did you ever find out why it disappears?

Old 03-07-2014, 11:19 AM
RadRodriguez
Cruiser

Sketchy Tuesday I got a new tune file from Jamie at Fuel Moto that finally restored my gear indicator.

If you bought your Power Vision from Fuel Moto, juts give Jamie a call or send him a note and he should be able to do the same for you. It took them several tries to get it done but they did it. I would assume all future 2014 Sportster maps will come with whatever the fix was for the gear indicator.

Worst case, if you can't get it from them, I can send you my file and you can try that. I guess it would depend what mods your bike has, but it's a thought.

Good luck!

Old 03-22-2014, 10:57 PM
Sketchykillroy
Novice

well thats good to hear that it can be fixed! Ive been in the process of moving from Florida to Arizona and just saw your post. I did not get my tuner from fuel moto, well kinda... It was my dads and i had it re keyed to my bike. He bought it from fuel moto though... not sure if they would help me out or not. I have the V&H ss and the heavy breather intake.

Old 04-07-2014, 08:33 PM
coco_iron883
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just finished a 1200 conversion kit on my 14 and also just lost gear indicator after loading the new map

Old 06-02-2014, 05:17 AM
fuj1
Stage IV

I too have this issue. It seems to work intermittently, i.e. I found that after days of not having a gear reading it decided to tell me I was in 4th, changed down to 3rd and it stopped talking to me again!

Does anyone have a fix for this that I can apply to my tune? Or is anyone willing to share their tune which has fixed the issue.

P.s. Running XL883N with RSD Turbine A/C and V&H Short Shots.

Many thanks.

Old 06-10-2014, 01:49 PM
RadRodriguez
Cruiser

Hey fuj1, you can't receive PM's yet. Post your email and I can send you a tune file to try.

Old 06-10-2014, 02:41 PM
fuj1
Stage IV

Thanks Rad, it worked perfectly! I'm just going to run a couple of auto tunes to tweak it for my setup.

Last edited by fuj1; 06-11-2014 at 08:40 AM. Reason: Remove Email
Old 07-04-2014, 01:03 PM
scotland66
Stage II

Hi Can anyone help me! I need a powervision map for my 2014 sportster iron stage 1 where the gear indicator works again. Many thanks

Old 08-14-2014, 04:06 PM
bynumsteven
Stage I

I am having the same problem with mine. Would you mind sending the tune file to me as well?
Thanks!

Quick Reply: 14 Iron 883 with Power Vision Lost Gear Indicator