Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Superchips Review Submissions

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 08:11 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,035 Likes on 1,103 Posts

Tonight is the last night for the contest so if you are waiting to submit don't wait too long.

Old 07-31-2014, 09:29 PM
sioux565
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Dear Superchips Contest Selectors,

I'm known on HD Forums as sioux565 and in the real world I go by Jared. I own a 2013 Softail Slim that I have made my own over the past year. My performance modifications are Bassani FireFlight exhaust and a DK Custom 636v air cleaner kit. I recently added a set of DK Custom Thunder Torque Inserts and they make a big difference! I have no plans to do any type of engine work in the near future on my 103B. I currently run the Power Vision tuner, but I did have a set of Xied's before. The Power Vision is a great tuner and I have just started using its PC program to edit different tune settings.

After hearing about Superchips and more specifically, their Vigilante EZ and flash tuner, I was intrigued to learn more. I am always looking to improve the performance and reliability of my Harley, and the EZ or flash tuner could be a great product to do just so. The cool thing I plan on doing with either product is to find that perfect tune for my unusual setup. The Power Vision has not been 100% with creating the ideal tune for my setup, but after doing research on the Vigilante tuners, they seem like the perfect solution for my needs. With almost 1,200 posts over the past 3 years, I am what you'd call a regular on HD Forums who posts daily. I am always eager to post pictures, opinions, and reviews of new products I buy and/or acquire. I hope I am one of the lucky contestants who gets selected and I look forward to using one of your products in the near future!

This was taken at the dealer on the day I bought my Softail Slim.

Old 07-31-2014, 09:36 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

Quoted submission

Originally Posted by sioux565
Dear Superchips Contest Selectors,

I'm known on HD Forums as sioux565 and in the real world I go by Jared. I own a 2013 Softail Slim that I have made my own over the past year. My performance modifications are Bassani FireFlight exhaust and a DK Custom 636v air cleaner kit. I recently added a set of DK Custom Thunder Torque Inserts and they make a big difference! I have no plans to do any type of engine work in the near future on my 103B. I currently run the Power Vision tuner, but I did have a set of Xied's before. The Power Vision is a great tuner and I have just started using its PC program to edit different tune settings.

After hearing about Superchips and more specifically, their Vigilante EZ and flash tuner, I was intrigued to learn more. I am always looking to improve the performance and reliability of my Harley, and the EZ or flash tuner could be a great product to do just so. The cool thing I plan on doing with either product is to find that perfect tune for my unusual setup. The Power Vision has not been 100% with creating the ideal tune for my setup, but after doing research on the Vigilante tuners, they seem like the perfect solution for my needs. With almost 1,200 posts over the past 3 years, I am what you'd call a regular on HD Forums who posts daily. I am always eager to post pictures, opinions, and reviews of new products I buy and/or acquire. I hope I am one of the lucky contestants who gets selected and I look forward to using one of your products in the near future!

This was taken at the dealer on the day I bought my Softail Slim.

Old 07-31-2014, 10:15 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

OK guys... I'm on the east coast and about to turn in for the night.

Remember, this contest ends at midnight tonight Pacific Time. That's 3 AM for me. Any submission posted after that time will not be accepted. Hope everyone is clear on that rule.

What will happen tomorrow. The submissions will be given to several of our staff Moderators for voting (I will not be a voting moderator).

Each voting Moderator will examine the submissions and make a favorite list (1 through whatever). They will not collaborate with each other during this process.

Each list will be sent privately to one of the HDF administrators who is working with the Superchips staff who will combine/tally/count the 1 through whatever votes and will declare the winners.

Please be patient during this process. It may take a day or so before the winners are declared.

Thanks and good luck to all.

Old 07-31-2014, 11:57 PM
GriffinDenim13FLHX
Road Warrior
Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts

Hi my site name is GriffinDenim13FLHX. I have a 2013 Street Glide with a 103ci.
I have installed a SEPST , Vance & Hines Power Duals with Vance & Hines Hi-Output Slip-ons, with a Screamin' Eagle Chisel Extreme Air Cleaner high air volume. I am almost at the 5000 mile mark on this bike and I am sure I would be able to tell the difference in the way it runs from the HD tuner I am using now.

I have always used SEPST's on my bikes as that is what I purchased at the dealers when I purchased my bikes. I have never used any another tuners on my bikes. I would love to be able to experience a tuner that is an upgrade compared to the SEPST tuners. In my neck of the woods it would be nice to see what the big hitters are using in their bikes. I am a regular on the HD forums and would have no problem with reviews, as I have done a couple all ready on other items. Good luck to all that have entered and thank you HD Forums and Super Chips for providing this contest to us.

Thanks,
Griffin

Old 08-01-2014, 06:56 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

Quoted submission

Originally Posted by GriffinDenim13FLHX
Hi my site name is GriffinDenim13FLHX. I have a 2013 Street Glide with a 103ci.
I have installed a SEPST , Vance & Hines Power Duals with Vance & Hines Hi-Output Slip-ons, with a Screamin' Eagle Chisel Extreme Air Cleaner high air volume. I am almost at the 5000 mile mark on this bike and I am sure I would be able to tell the difference in the way it runs from the HD tuner I am using now.

I have always used SEPST's on my bikes as that is what I purchased at the dealers when I purchased my bikes. I have never used any another tuners on my bikes. I would love to be able to experience a tuner that is an upgrade compared to the SEPST tuners. In my neck of the woods it would be nice to see what the big hitters are using in their bikes. I am a regular on the HD forums and would have no problem with reviews, as I have done a couple all ready on other items. Good luck to all that have entered and thank you HD Forums and Super Chips for providing this contest to us.

Thanks,
Griffin

Old 08-01-2014, 06:57 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

OK everyone... that's it, submissions are closed.

Let the voting begin.

Old 08-02-2014, 12:49 PM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
OK everyone... that's it, submissions are closed.

Let the voting begin.
So how man submissions ended up getting submitted?

Old 08-02-2014, 06:44 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

All of them I'm sure but I'm disconnected from that process. I'm sure the winners will be announced soon just don't know when.

Old 08-04-2014, 01:17 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

I heard they started working on a decision. Still not sure when it will be announced.

Bumping this thread letting you know what I know as a few minutes ago.

Quick Reply: Superchips Review Submissions