Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Superchips Review Submissions

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 02:55 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,035 Likes on 1,103 Posts

Originally Posted by BigMike
Thanks Wiz. I'll get one tomorrow. Been out of town all week.

My only edit will be the picture. I added one a few minutes ago but I'm not in it. In the mean time, just picture a badass **** on a Fatboy LOL
Mike... Don't forget.

Thx

Old 07-29-2014, 05:28 PM
floridapoolboy
Road Master
Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Hi Folks,

I have a 2012 Streetglide, Ness Big Sucker intake, Cobra Powerpro headpipe, and Klockwerks Supersaver mufflers. The bike popped like crazy, so I added the Cobra FI2000 auto tuner. The bike runs much better now, but my mileage really dropped. I looked at your tuners online and liked what I saw, I think the EZ would be ideal for a stage 1 bike. I'd be happy to compare your tuner to what I'm running now, just send it to me! I'll swap out my present tuner and ride the hell out of my bike, my calibrated "butt dyno" will let me know how well it works, along with some MPG calculations. Oh yeah, I hope the picture came out...... not real good at this!

Old 07-29-2014, 05:40 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

Quoted submission

Originally Posted by floridapoolboy

Hi Folks,

I have a 2012 Streetglide, Ness Big Sucker intake, Cobra Powerpro headpipe, and Klockwerks Supersaver mufflers. The bike popped like crazy, so I added the Cobra FI2000 auto tuner. The bike runs much better now, but my mileage really dropped. I looked at your tuners online and liked what I saw, I think the EZ would be ideal for a stage 1 bike. I'd be happy to compare your tuner to what I'm running now, just send it to me! I'll swap out my present tuner and ride the hell out of my bike, my calibrated "butt dyno" will let me know how well it works, along with some MPG calculations. Oh yeah, I hope the picture came out...... not real good at this!

Old 07-29-2014, 05:52 PM
yokdriver
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No 2014 allowed?

Old 07-29-2014, 06:27 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

Originally Posted by yokdriver
No 2014 allowed?
As per the contest rules. It's my understanding that some 2014's are covered but a 2008 to 2013 was requested for this contest.

Old 07-30-2014, 04:50 AM
Oz Nightrain
Road Captain
Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts

Unfortunately I don't qualify for the contest, but i was just wondering if u can buy the cradle to hold my iphone 5 and the kit to install the usb charger separately?
Thanks, Matt.

Old 07-30-2014, 07:15 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

Originally Posted by Oz Nightrain
Unfortunately I don't qualify for the contest, but i was just wondering if u can buy the cradle to hold my iphone 5 and the kit to install the usb charger separately?
Thanks, Matt.
You will need to contact them for your answer.

Old 07-30-2014, 10:53 AM
FatboyDilbert
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My site name is FatboyDilbert and I own a 2011 Fatboy (obviously) . It has a 96 motor with a Whimmer Air Cleaner and Vance and heins 2 -1 Big Radius pipes. I currently have a piggy back tuner and have downloaded the Stage 1 map for my setup (which I can remove and bring the bike back to stock). I'm familiar with tuning my bike and would like my bike to run cooler and eliminate the decel popping. Im currently stationed in Germany and ride all throughout Germany and the Alps and would love to test either Vigilante tuner against the European riding conditions.

Seeing this contest I browsed the Superchip site and feel my bike is the perfect candidate and I would be happy to work with the Superchip guys and post about my experience. Either Vigilante would be great for my bike and would love to compare it against my current piggyback system.

I have installed a few aftermarket parts ( most of which are HD ) … LED headlight , LED gas gauge , and a progressive air ride shock. If I am selected I can remove any or all of it .

Old 07-30-2014, 11:09 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

Quoted submission

Originally Posted by FatboyDilbert
My site name is FatboyDilbert and I own a 2011 Fatboy (obviously) . It has a 96 motor with a Whimmer Air Cleaner and Vance and heins 2 -1 Big Radius pipes. I currently have a piggy back tuner and have downloaded the Stage 1 map for my setup (which I can remove and bring the bike back to stock). I'm familiar with tuning my bike and would like my bike to run cooler and eliminate the decel popping. Im currently stationed in Germany and ride all throughout Germany and the Alps and would love to test either Vigilante tuner against the European riding conditions.

Seeing this contest I browsed the Superchip site and feel my bike is the perfect candidate and I would be happy to work with the Superchip guys and post about my experience. Either Vigilante would be great for my bike and would love to compare it against my current piggyback system.

I have installed a few aftermarket parts ( most of which are HD ) … LED headlight , LED gas gauge , and a progressive air ride shock. If I am selected I can remove any or all of it .

Old 07-30-2014, 07:02 PM
BigMike
Club Member
Received 1,570 Likes on 674 Posts

Originally Posted by BigMike
My site name is BiugMike and I own a 2013 Fatboy Lo. It has a 103 motor with a SE Heavy Breather and Vance & Hines Shortshots Staggered 2 into 2 system. I currently have a SE Pro Super Tuner and have downloaded the Stage 1 map (it sucks). I'll be installing 14" Wild One Outlawz apes this weekend.

I checked out the Supertuner site to look at the tuners that are offered. I've been planning to use the Smart Tune function with the SEPST but I've only had my bike for 2 weeks so I've been riding. I'm very familiar with tuning principals and would like my bike to run cooler and eliminate the decel popping. I'm an experienced mechanic and always do my own work because I don't like being a slave to the dealer. I know my capabilities but have no idea the capabilities of the person at the dealer that will work on my bike if I took it there. I like the idea of an easy tuning process and would be interested in trying your product. I know that Superchips makes solid products as I've been an avid Jeep enthusiast for many years (currently have a '14 JK Rubicon).

I can use either product as I have a Galaxy S5 Android. I've been in Information Technology for 21 years and educated as an engineer.

Thanks for your consideration. BigMike

<Placeholder for picture with me in it - I'm installing new apes on 7/26>

Quick Reply: Superchips Review Submissions