In Memory Of... Post a thread in memorial of a loved one. Pictures and thoughts are welcome.

In Memory of my Big Brother/Best friend

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2014, 07:05 PM
immusicman
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default In Memory of my Big Brother/Best friend

In Memory of Rich Miller (10-23-1967 to 07-03-2013). I wanted to post in memory of my brother Rich Miller. He was a school teacher of middle school children, and he coached football, basketball, and baseball. He was wonderful with kids. He had 2 adult children and two young children at home as well as his wife. He was 45 years old when Leukemia took his life in July of 2013. He was my best friend and I just expected he would always be here. I am a nurse and I moved in with him soon as he was diagnosed. I worked hard as I could to help him but no matter what I did, he only lived 15 months from date of diagnosis. Cancer is an ugly disease and has no respect for anyone. I pray for those that have lost loved ones from this terrible disease, and I pray for the families of those who are suffering with the disease now. My brother Rich loved his family, and loved his life. He wanted to stay here with them long as possible. However, he was also a devout Christian and he was ready to depart. I miss him dearly, but I will see him again. His picture is posted below.

Attached Thumbnails In Memory of my Big Brother/Best friend-mybrotherrich.jpg  
Old 10-10-2014, 01:24 PM
ArtyGuy
Tourer
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I'm very sorry for you loss. Your brother sounds like a great man.

Old 10-10-2014, 02:00 PM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,515 Likes on 6,271 Posts

Sorry to hear about your brother's passing. My FIL died from Leukemia, it was tough to watch. As a father of two brothers, I am sure your brother appreciated your love and devotion. May he R.I.P.

Old 10-11-2014, 03:49 PM
immusicman
Cruiser

Thank you both for the kind words. He was a great man. I just cannot stress how important it is to spend time with your brother or sister. You never know when something like this will come along. I had moved to Florida to take a nurse position in the ER of a hospital in Fort Myers (which I regret now). I flew up to visit every few months and stayed with my brother and his family. I was planning a visit and had my plane ticket purchased the day he called me with the news from the hospital where he was admitted. When I flew in and came to the hospital, we both cried as we knew the odds were against him. I stayed with him nearly 24/7 for 15 months and when he passed away I just felt like part of me died with him. I will never get over it, I just learn to live with it. I am a firm believer and not ashamed to own God and his son, I know many don't want to hear that these days, but I truly believe I will get to see my brother again. I am not one to go around trying to stir up trouble about what I believe and force it upon others, as I believe each person is free to believe what they wish and I will never try to infringe upon that right of anyone (and hope everyone else would give me the same respect). But I am thankful for what the good lord has done for my brother and me. Yes my brother died, but I know he was ready to go and that gives me a piece of mind I couldn't get anywhere else. Thanks again for the kind words!

Old 10-11-2014, 03:51 PM
immusicman
Cruiser

Originally Posted by immusicman
Thank you both for the kind words. He was a great man. I just cannot stress how important it is to spend time with your brother or sister. You never know when something like this will come along. I had moved to Florida to take a nurse position in the ER of a hospital in Fort Myers (which I regret now). I flew up to visit every few months and stayed with my brother and his family. I was planning a visit and had my plane ticket purchased the day he called me with the news from the hospital where he was admitted. When I flew in and came to the hospital, we both cried as we knew the odds were against him. I stayed with him nearly 24/7 for 15 months and when he passed away I just felt like part of me died with him. I will never get over it, I just learn to live with it. I am a firm believer and not ashamed to own God and his son, I know many don't want to hear that these days, but I truly believe I will get to see my brother again. I am not one to go around trying to stir up trouble about what I believe and force it upon others, as I believe each person is free to believe what they wish and I will never try to infringe upon that right of anyone (and hope everyone else would give me the same respect). But I am thankful for what the good lord has done for my brother and me. Yes my brother died, but I know he was ready to go and that gives me a piece of mind I couldn't get anywhere else. Thanks again for the kind words!

As a student trying to become a nurse practitioner (have about a year left), I am hoping I can specialize in cancer disease like this to hopefully help others maybe spend a little more time with there families. My heart wants to do the oncology specialty, however, my mind tells me it will be a tougher profession on my emotions. I guess I have a little time left to make that choice when the time comes.

Old 10-11-2014, 07:00 PM
fireman64
Road Warrior
Received 1,583 Likes on 329 Posts

Prayers to you and your family!

Old 12-30-2014, 12:30 PM
Jaachap
Intermediate

God Bless You!

Old 12-30-2014, 12:40 PM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 47,791 Likes on 18,561 Posts

It takes a special person to undertake such a task and as much as your brother appreciated your help. love and understanding I'm sure there's a greater reward awaiting you one day. Sorry for your loss