Ironhead A place to talk about Ironheads.

oil

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 07:09 AM
biginchhustler
Road Master
Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
Default oil

im 62 years old -- been having bikes since 1964 == wife and i work for textron building the military M1117ASV--- my 1979 FXE uses ULTIMA oil -- as far as im concerned most of the other stuff is just oil -- my bike has a add on oil filter and an oil cooler,magnet in the tank -- i also use the same additive as the government uses in all their stuff and on weapons -- ya dont think they would use something that would destroy a million$$ ASV do ya?? "MILITEC 1 " GOOGLE IT --- i even use it in the gas -- when i change my oil on the bike theres NEVER,EVER any metal or powder on that magnet --- the ULTIMA has a high zinc content -- i use BEL-RAY in my 4 speed tranny and the pic of my wifes sporty i posted i used ULTIMA in it and BEL-RAY primary oil WITH MILITEC 1 -- i use it in our SUV in everything BUT the brakes... ULTIMA 50,60,70 WT is like $108 a case delivered -- 3,000 miles + later its STILL blue,oily,and sticky --- pepboys has some of the other oils mentioned on sale -- gee i wonder why??

Old 06-23-2012, 06:35 PM
ActsCh7
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't have a degree in chemical engineering. And unless you do and have more than anecdotes to back up your recommendation you shouldn't be making them. I can garantee Harley has done their research. Maybe your recommendation is good, I don't know.

What I do know is that air cooled engines require a different type of lubrication than water cooled engines not subject to the same temperatures. Also, no metal debris detecable on your magnet does not mean there isn't increased wear in your engine (aluminum in non-magnetic). Plus, your magnet won't detect any increased deterioration in rubber seals or O-rings.

An example: DOT 5 is superior to DOT 3 brake fluid. However, you can't run DOT 5 in a DOT 3 system.

Old 06-23-2012, 06:48 PM
IronMick
Stellar HDF Member
Received 111 Likes on 91 Posts

Your age and where you work are kind of irrevelent to just another oil discussion. If you happen to believe in Ultima oil or AMSoil or MILITEC 1 or SeaFoam or whatever that is just fine. But why waste another forum thread on just another oil discussion?

Oh, i see you have only 154 posts here, so perhaps you are new and do not realize how much we all dislike having oil discussions started on internet forums.

Old 06-26-2012, 09:41 AM
biginchhustler
Road Master

mick or ***** or whatever you think you are other than some canadian dork who thinks he knows it all-- this is america chump and i can post whatever-- whenever i want-- i see your the god of copy and paste but no real knowledge other than google something and paste it-- your a clown dude-- maybe you have these kids fooled but not adults -- go ride your little girl bike --

Old 06-26-2012, 09:47 AM
biginchhustler
Road Master

now i see why some ride girls bikes just look at the ignorant posts about the oil and additive is use from a hang around -- please stay on that girls bike-- more real scooters for us--- gee ya think is ya google MILITEC 1 ya just might get that info??? and ya think that textron would risk using something like militec in a million $$$ asv if it didnt work?? ya probably wear a costume when you ride your lil bikie also got your jacket with the wings on it?? your fingerless gloves?? your wallet with the chain --- lol lol i wanna be a baaaaaaddd assssss biker --

Old 06-26-2012, 02:04 PM
Whipper Snapper
2nd Gear

62 years old with less maturity than a 21 year old. I don't believe anyone here was discrediting your choice in oil, we just don't think it warrants an all new chain. Chick bike? Any Harley is not a chick bike, and anything with 2 wheels is better than 4 IMO.

Also, you sound like more of a chick criticizing what other men wear. You seem bitter from Katrina still...

Old 06-26-2012, 02:15 PM
Big Trev
Road Captain

Originally Posted by biginchhustler
mick or ***** or whatever you think you are other than some canadian dork who thinks he knows it all-- this is america chump and i can post whatever-- whenever i want-- i see your the god of copy and paste but no real knowledge other than google something and paste it-- your a clown dude-- maybe you have these kids fooled but not adults -- go ride your little girl bike --

You're just another one with a serious attitude problem.

Old 06-26-2012, 02:18 PM
biginchhustler
Road Master

we owned a business in the east - and 2 homes -- lost them -- was paid really,really well -- 8 years before the storm i added a ryder on the insurance -- it almost doubled the amount -- we just got the last $12,300.00 in december also its got us out of the east and into metairie -- house paid for -- wife has a 09 honda pilot -- i cant let go of my old dodge caravan -- most people took the money a blew it -- we still have it and when we retire that + retirement + investments --ect theres not much to complain about -- katrina did us a favor -- before katrina there was hurrican george -- we bagged up all our stuff,movies,documents,old pics,titles,ect,ect-- old videos of kids and kart racing -- they were put in a large yard bag-- when we left for katrina my wife tossed it in the van-- so we only lost stuff that can be replaced -- not old stuff--- here this WAS the old neighborhood 10 days after the storm ---- http://mygokart.tripod.com --- and this is what the inside looks like --- http://hoopdido.tripod.com --- to me it looked like someone turned on a blender --

you can also google the address --- 6970 Deanne street new orleans,louisiana 70126 --- same house -- that area is NOTHING but crime and criminals now ---

Old 06-26-2012, 02:20 PM
biginchhustler
Road Master

also the bike in the pic--- i bought that -- running - for $2500 from some bumpkin in folsom,la -- i took it apart and when through it....

Old 06-26-2012, 02:20 PM
Shredding rubber
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow. We went from just another best oil and additive thread to a degenerated name calling thread.
Op. Even if you had evidence that your oil was made by god himself no one is even paying attention now because of how you handled a comment.
There are members here with over 100000 miles on their twin cam motors using good old castrol auto 20w-50 so your special oil costs a big dollar,and has no actual research backing up your claim. Just your anecdote telling us all how great it is.
For that price I will order red-line. It's a product that has proven itself.
Thanks for your enlightening thread. I will sleep better knowing you have the best oil in the whole world in your scoot

Quick Reply: oil