J&M Motorcycle Audio Providing the industry's best motorcycle audio products for 32 years. If you have any questions for J&M, reach out directly to John here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEW J&M Performance KITS for Harley -

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 12:12 PM
ejvette
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts

John I just flashed my 250W Rokker amp with the latest flash for the 2014 street glide wow that really cleaned up the sound before there was very heavy base and noticeably lacking mid range. I have not had the dealer flash done I believe you are recommending not to do this correct?

Old 03-02-2014, 09:50 PM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

ejvette,,,,,,,,

that is correct ,,, DO NOT have the Harley flash performed on your radio, and if it has been done, just have the dealer undo it ,,,,,,,

no more difficult to undo it than it was for them to flash it in the first place ,,,,,,,

Old 03-10-2014, 02:05 PM
jl207299
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by KAUFMANSM
JMJOHN, based on this post I just ordered the performance kit for my 2013 street glide. Should I have gotten the insulation pad for the fairing or does it come with the kit?
Looking forward to receiving it and the install.
John,
Based on this review, I just ordered your performance series for my '12 SG.
I will say this, I have been looking for what you advertise here for a couple of years now: A plug and play model which will easily accommodate my Ipod interface module but also offers performance for a the best price in a package. I'm been a musician for over 25 years, I love music, but I'm just not in the ROKKER camp as far as the cost is involved.
In the past I have had a great deal of reluctance to buy J&M because I have been semi-concerned when I see mostly sales related posts and little involvement or response to technical questions on products. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and understand you have your reasons, whatever they may be.
I found this product through a retailer at the cheapest price I could find any plug and play kit, so I went ahead with it. If I'm not satisfied or find it wasn't worth what I paid, I'll return it as the retailer allows.
I will give my honest review of the kit given my expectation and needs when I get the kit buttoned up Friday.
I hope to be pleased with J&M.

Old 03-15-2014, 07:23 AM
jl207299
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Installed the Performance Series kit last yesterday on my '12 FLHX with stock Harmon Kardon head unit.
It is a definite improvement. If the factory head unit had more EQ adjustments I feel like I could get the perfect sound out. I'm still looking for the right amount of Bass and Treble, too bad the factory HK unit doesn't have Mids. If I take the Volume up past a little over 50% on most songs it seems t start distorting, but it is much louder at that point than it would have been with just factory speakers.
It certainly pumps out more db's and this is evident when riding.
Overall, because I got a really good deal on the kit, didn't have to splice into the wiring harness, and was able to keep my IPOD module I'm happy with it.

Old 03-26-2014, 07:23 AM
_I_C_E_M_A_N_
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If i order the new rokker amp for 14 flhxs does it come flash for boom audio speaker from factory ?

Old 03-26-2014, 11:52 PM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor

yes sir ,,, and the new ROKKER amps for the 2014s are all on this page http://www.jmcorp.com/SeeProducts.asp?PF=49 ,,,,,,,,

these amps come out of the box all programmed for the stock Harley or Harley BOOM speakers ,,,,,,,,

latest video on this subject just released today ,,,,,,,,

https://vimeo.com/90154539 ,,,,,

Old 03-27-2014, 05:09 PM
_I_C_E_M_A_N_
Novice

Do you will offer installation service in lake george this year ?

Old 03-30-2014, 10:38 AM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor

Iceman ,,,,,,,,

yes sir ,,,, full sales, service and installation on most motorcycle brands/models of J&M audio product at our normal TourExpo location at AMERICADE ,,,,,,,

then we set up the following week at Laconia HD for that rally ,,,,,,,

Old 03-30-2014, 08:48 PM
longhorn2021
3rd Gear

So there are not a lot of reviews on the J&M Kits. I just want to give my two cents that I recently purchased the J&M Perf Series Audio KIT 180w RMS 2-Spkrs 06-13 Harley StreetGlide.
When I called, the J&M sales person told me about these over the ROKKER set I was looking to purchase. For the price and performance, this is a great purchase and upgrade to the factory speakers. The sound is clear and i can turn up the volume while riding down the rode without that distorted cracking you get from the factory speakers.

Just to note, the plug and play is correct. But you really need two people to install. It took me about an hour and a half.

Some advice, if you purchase, try to have your tank almost empty. You have to pull the tank to run the wires cleanly to the battery. Also, i found it easier to pull my battery out to add the negative wire from the amp to the ground.

The instructions were easy to follow and everything was actually really easy to install.

Just be prepared to take off your fairing, tank, seat, and battery. The instructions on how to do that is not included. If you have never taken your gas tank off, there are plenty of videos to show it being done, its rather easy.

Anyway, I only installed them yesterday, but I am extremely happy with my decision to buy this kit and not spend the money on the ROKKER.

Old 12-18-2014, 10:04 PM
captdave221
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fairing Lowers speaker install?

I have a J&M Perf Series 7.25” Lower Fairing Speaker Kit 06-13 Harley (HLPS-7252) to install on my 2011 Ultra Glide. I am using the factory Boom amp and have Rokker's in the fairing (J&M ROKKER XX 7.25 Fairing Spkr kit 98-13 Harley StreetGlide/Ultra/Electra) and in the tour pack pods (J&M ROKKER™ XT 5.25” Rear Pod Speaker kit 06-13 Harley® Ultra). Can I install the performance speakers in the fairing lowers and run the parallel with the front's?

Not looking to get another amp at this time.

Thanks