Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

J&M Tweeter and Mid Range Speakers installed

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 08:57 PM
timberland
Road Master
Location: Log home in SE Michigan full time. Log cabin in east TN, Smoky Mountians part time
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up J&M Tweeter and Mid Range Speakers installed

I just installed in 30 minutes J&M's new Performance Fairing Speaker Upgrade w/Black Tweeter/Midrange in my 08 SG. pn# HCUS-09GTM-B. Unplug and replug no wire splicing or cutting. Just playing in the garage, they are a lot clearer and louder than the stockers. Actually have base now. Toooo cold to ride here in Michigan so a road test will be later. This is a link to the ones I bought, chrome coils are same money for those that want them. Saved $10 from MRSP on flea bay and free shipping too. http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail....S-09GTM-B&PF=6

Old 02-27-2009, 08:59 PM
EGlideKid
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like to see a photo-by-photo install thread on these. We'll all be interested to see how they stand the test of time (weather, etc.).
Thanks for the post.

Old 02-27-2009, 09:00 PM
rjmac53
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

thanks for the link...

Old 02-27-2009, 09:13 PM
pastorralph
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They look great. I'm thinking about upgrading as well. I don't want to change out the head unit, so these speakers would be a good alternative. Please post again in a couple of months about the longevity and weather issues (if any).

Old 02-27-2009, 09:23 PM
timberland
Road Master
Location: Log home in SE Michigan full time. Log cabin in east TN, Smoky Mountians part time

Originally Posted by EGlideKid
Like to see a photo-by-photo install thread on these. We'll all be interested to see how they stand the test of time (weather, etc.).
Thanks for the post.

Their web site has a picture install. To fast of a project for me to take photo's, LOL. As far as weather ...they advertise that they are waterproof and have a 2 year warranty. One of the biker rags also did a install.

Old 02-28-2009, 01:11 AM
rshute4
Tourer

I took off my trunk and installed a set in the fairing a few weeks ago and LOVE them! the sound is awesome, no need for an amp. With the stock speakers i used to have it full volume, just to hear the music at 50mph now ive got the volume at 1/2 at 80+ and its loud and clear... the speed "volume" adjustment actually seems to work now! They look awesome too! I dont think i can say enough good things about them... I can only imagine the sound if you installed them in the rear speakers also. Ive washed the bike and didnt have any problems with getting the speakers wet.

I also installed the hogtenna hidden antenna, it works very good as well, I took off the trunk and didnt want to re-mount the antenna and for $35 bucks its money well spent, plus its powered by piggybacking on the cigarette lighter hot lead.

Old 02-28-2009, 02:37 AM
Cryptoboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,877 Likes on 1,415 Posts

So the link says they are made to fit 2006-2009 Harley's, was there a change in the fairing? I guess I could see it for 2007 and up, but I didn't think there were any changes in the Glides for 06......

They look good regardless!

Old 02-28-2009, 06:46 AM
SGLarry
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Cryptoboy
So the link says they are made to fit 2006-2009 Harley's, was there a change in the fairing? I guess I could see it for 2007 and up, but I didn't think there were any changes in the Glides for 06......

They look good regardless!
These Speakers are 2 ohm and will only work with the Harmon Kardon head units the HD started using in 2006. The earlier radio's use will use speaker that require different ohms. (4 ohms ,Ithink.)

Larry

Old 02-28-2009, 07:04 AM
timberland
Road Master

Originally Posted by SGLarry
These Speakers are 2 ohm and will only work with the Harmon Kardon head units the HD started using in 2006. The earlier radio's use will use speaker that require different ohms. (4 ohms ,Ithink.)

Larry
Larry, Your statement is correct according to the instructions. I also believe at some point the speakers are larger now than previous years. Seems like I read HD sells a speaker size adapter to retrofit.

Old 02-28-2009, 07:08 AM
D34
Tourer

I installed mine in Nov. and have yet been able to really get a good assessment of them. They definitely sound better than stock but I could also see myself wanting more thump.

Quick Reply: J&M Tweeter and Mid Range Speakers installed