Sponsored by:

Update about adding street tuner

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2017, 05:09 AM
Quik
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,572 Likes on 1,524 Posts

Originally Posted by mjwebb
Huh???? I think their expressed written warranty coverage documentation is their "official stamp of approval" so to speak..don't think they are encouraging the use of aftermarket performance parts and certainly ain't going to warrant them..

anyway, yes I do totally understand your frustration..people have been hopping up Harleys for decades and millions of miles with great success using aftermarket products so it's a drag that it runs like dog doo for you and I would be extremely bummed out too...hell, no more personalized and enjoyable Harley upgrade exists than adding your favorite set of mufflers..I honestly hope this gets sorted out for you and you are smiling again when you ride your bike..that's waaaaaaay too much $$$ to spend and not be happy about it..the safe and sound bet would be to put the Street Canons on with the Stage 1 calibration but it actually would be great to find out that A/C and slip-ons only won't damage your motor..seems to be a growing sentiment here lately that supports that, I'm not enough of a riverboat gambler to attempt it...but if you love the way your bike runs and sounds after restoring the OEM the calibration then what the hell..
I have visited all 3 dealers that are in and around my local area and they all say they have a memo from MOCO that says S+S and RCX slip ons are now approved for sale and warranty on the M8. Dont shoot the messenger, all I can say is what was told to me by each of the service managers. Is it 100% true? I don't know, but I hope they would not lie to me about it.

Old 03-16-2017, 05:58 AM
103Eagle
Road Master
Received 110 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Quik
I have visited all 3 dealers that are in and around my local area and they all say they have a memo from MOCO that says S+S and RCX slip ons are now approved for sale and warranty on the M8. Dont shoot the messenger, all I can say is what was told to me by each of the service managers. Is it 100% true? I don't know, but I hope they would not lie to me about it.

Yes that is true. If you visit the S&S webpage, they show you a 50 state EPA compliant document. From what I understand, S&S has their own in house testing facility and were the first to comply. I purchased the RCX 4.5 based on the same thing although RC sent a bike out for testing and did not do so themselves. Chad @RC emailed me the 50 state certificate but I am at work so I can't post it right now. Fuel Moto said their slipons are compliant as well but have no certificate that I am aware of at this time. Keep in mind there is a difference between 50 State EPA compliant and CARB noise compliant. Without looking, I think both the S&S and RCX are both, EPA 50 state and CARB, sound compliant. Hope this helps!

Eagle Out

The following 2 users liked this post by 103Eagle:
lp (03-16-2017), SirWraithe (03-17-2017)
Old 03-16-2017, 06:28 AM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,602 Likes on 4,449 Posts

well then if that's the case then as BB said, and I mentioned earlier, go back to the dealer and have them validate the correct calibration is installed...it sounds like a stretch to believe EPA certified mufflers would cause the bike to exhibit the extremely poor performance behaviors you described..

as far as the comment "From what I heard from people who used the street tuner is the autotune feature has to be used and that the canned maps made their bikes run worse until they auto tuned then they said there bikes ran good."

I'm not buying this for SE components anyway..my bike has the complete SE Stage 1 as HD markets it and it runs flawlessly

Old 03-16-2017, 11:47 AM
Rokinrider
Cruiser
Received 50 Likes on 26 Posts

well then if that's the case then as BB said, and I mentioned earlier, go back to the dealer and have them validate the correct calibration is installed...it sounds like a stretch to believe EPA certified mufflers would cause the bike to exhibit the extremely poor performance behaviors you described..

as far as the comment "From what I heard from people who used the street tuner is the autotune feature has to be used and that the canned maps made their bikes run worse until they auto tuned then they said there bikes ran good."

I'm not buying this for SE components anyway..my bike has the complete SE Stage 1 as HD markets it and it runs flawlessly
I agree, my SE stage 1 runs real good, it's been too cold in Iowa to go out and do smart tunes. I'm sure it's a small bump in hp/tq, I'm hoping for mileage increase and I really like the Fuelmoto Jackpot M 8 mufflers. Very happy

Old 03-16-2017, 11:58 AM
FLTRI17
Stellar HDF Member
Received 603 Likes on 417 Posts

Anyone,with an M8 stage 1 that doesn't run flawlessly there is something wrong, period.
There is not enough variances between stage 1 M8s that the stage 1 calibration runs perfect on one bike and like crap on another.
Take your bike back to the dealer and ask them to explain why your bike runs like crap.
Bob

The following 2 users liked this post by FLTRI17:
Max Headflow (03-16-2017), Rokinrider (03-16-2017)
Old 03-16-2017, 04:38 PM
Hammerhead59
Banned
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Huh???? I think their expressed written warranty coverage documentation is their "official stamp of approval" so to speak..don't think they are encouraging the use of aftermarket performance parts and certainly ain't going to warrant them..

anyway, yes I do totally understand your frustration..people have been hopping up Harleys for decades and millions of miles with great success using aftermarket products so it's a drag that it runs like dog doo for you and I would be extremely bummed out too...hell, no more personalized and enjoyable Harley upgrade exists than adding your favorite set of mufflers..I honestly hope this gets sorted out for you and you are smiling again when you ride your bike..that's waaaaaaay too much $$$ to spend and not be happy about it..the safe and sound bet would be to put the Street Canons on with the Stage 1 calibration but it actually would be great to find out that A/C and slip-ons only won't damage your motor..seems to be a growing sentiment here lately that supports that, I'm not enough of a riverboat gambler to attempt it...but if you love the way your bike runs and sounds after restoring the OEM the calibration then what the hell..
Try and understand how forum work. Is MJwebb the Warranty inspecteur de police for Harley? Many post warning mates of warranty affairs.

The following users liked this post:
lp (03-16-2017)
Old 03-16-2017, 04:50 PM
103Eagle
Road Master
Received 110 Likes on 78 Posts

Here is a copy of the RCX document. Eagle Out!

The following users liked this post:
lp (03-16-2017)
Old 03-16-2017, 07:09 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Hammerhead59
Try and understand how forum work. Is MJwebb the Warranty inspecteur de police for Harley? Many post warning mates of warranty affairs.
try and understand how language work..I can barely understand this..obviously the grammar de police are off duty..read your warranty, interpret how you like, draw your own conclusions, install what you want..sure the use of aftermarket performance parts is all just a loose guideline anyway..if it runs like crap take it to a dealership and tell them you want it repaired for free..au revoir Inspector

Attached Thumbnails Update about adding street tuner-tim-beasley-as-inspector-clouseau-bust-shot-color.jpg  

Last edited by mjwebb; 03-16-2017 at 07:40 PM.
Old 03-16-2017, 07:54 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,733 Likes on 1,552 Posts

try and understand how language work..I can barely understand this..obviously the grammar de police are off duty..read your warranty, interpret how you like, draw your own conclusions, install what you want..sure the use of aftermarket performance parts is all just a loose guideline anyway..if it runs like crap take it to a dealership and tell them you want it repaired for free..au revoir Inspector
lol. He burned you and it wasn't even English. Still hurts don't it.

Old 03-16-2017, 07:58 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by lp
lol. He burned you and it wasn't even English. Still hurts don't it.
and here I thought I had responded to dough ball of the year but suddenly a new contender appears .....yeah, I'm so upset I won't even be able to sleep toni.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..if you look at Frenchy's whopping 12 post total count he's made more comments about me mentioning stock bikes than I even mentioned..weird and creepy

Attached Thumbnails Update about adding street tuner-38151790.jpg  

Last edited by mjwebb; 03-16-2017 at 08:15 PM.

Quick Reply: Update about adding street tuner