Motorcycle Insurance Discussion This is the place to discuss what type of Motorcycle Insurance you carry or any problems or good experiences you've had with certain companies.

It's insurance renewel time,thinking of making a change.

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 07:22 PM
C908
Road Warrior
Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts
Default It's insurance renewel time,thinking of making a change.

I've had Progressive since 2002, never had a claim and I've always felt they were a little high. I have a 2010 Ultra Classic and my renewel is $495.00 with no medical. I have a new State Farm agent so I told him today he could give me a quote. Comparing apples to apples he was at $393.00, I might add that I have multiple policies with State Farm. Just wondering if those of you using State Farm on your bike have been satisfied ? I guess the important question is are those of you with State Farm that have had a claim satisfied ? I appreciate your comments.

Old 02-09-2015, 07:27 PM
seniorsuperglideE8
Supporter

Received 4,314 Likes on 2,358 Posts

I HAD Progressive for a long time, got tired of my money being funneled into the Demcrat coffers. Rates kept going up just like State Farm rates.

Old 02-09-2015, 07:32 PM
cmass
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had Progressive only because that's who USAA goes through... but I'm curious as to other companies. Haven't had any issues with progressive but agree that it might be priced a little on the higher end. But I really have nothing to compare to.

Old 02-09-2015, 07:34 PM
Zeus55
Road Master
Received 113 Likes on 61 Posts

It's a good thing to shop every year, they all offer good deals to get new customers.

Old 02-09-2015, 07:44 PM
usmcbuck
Tourer

I'm sure what I say here will not answer much for you. I myself have the bike with Progressive, Already had the truck and boat with them so naturally I went with them with the bike.
As for State Farm, my first wife worked for State Farm all her life. I do remember that they can be difficult in working with on claims, she would even admit it to me talking about stuff with her work. After we divorced, she started her on State Farm agency and buddy she is rolling in the dough. Some people love State Farm and some hate them. I myself after hearing and living with her and the tales she would tell me, don't think I'll ever do business with them.

Old 02-09-2015, 08:47 PM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 970 Likes on 733 Posts

Best advice so far is from Zeus. Take some time and get quotes from every carrier that offers bike insurance. Same limits, same coverage and see what the differences are. You can also research their customer service. Once you're armed with that info you can make a decision.

Old 02-09-2015, 08:54 PM
Fat_Boy
Tourer
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

I use state farm for my regular auto, home, life ins policies and get great rates. I've had auto and homeowners claims and never a problem. Their motorcycle quote was high for me.

I shopped around and have been with Dairyland Cycle for the past 5 years.

Old 02-09-2015, 08:58 PM
brock275
Cruiser

Had progressive for years and didn't really have any issues. Traded bike for a '14 SGS and they went crazy. Checked around and Geico gave me a rate only $30 more than my '09 RK and the coverage limits were much better. I'm very satisfied with Geico so far.

Old 02-09-2015, 09:02 PM
rjg883c
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeus55
It's a good thing to shop every year, they all offer good deals to get new customers.
That may be, but mine goes down every year with Geico.

Old 02-09-2015, 09:07 PM
goodbirds
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Lightbulb

I guess I've had State Farm for more than 35 years now. I have my homeowner's insurance with them ($425 annually), my 04 Hyundai Santa Fe ($202 every six months, full coverage), and my 07 Ultra ($185 per year).

I get multiple policy discount, accident free discount, good driver (no tickets) discount, and loyalty discounts.

My car has been going up 5-10% per year, but otherwise the policy costs are pretty constant. The motorcycle rate is better than any other I've looked at. I'm told it is because I live in a state where you can't ride year 'round so the exposure is less. Actually, where I live, you can ride year 'round.

State Farm has always been competitive for me every time I compare rates with other companies.

Quick Reply: It's insurance renewel time,thinking of making a change.