Motorcycle Insurance Discussion This is the place to discuss what type of Motorcycle Insurance you carry or any problems or good experiences you've had with certain companies.

TD Insurance- wow !! to the Canadians here

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2016, 07:09 AM
ringer1969
Tourer
Received 92 Likes on 61 Posts

i hear you there Pete - Td doesn't even care , i could imagine how long ill in business just letting my customers walk out the door .

Old 01-26-2016, 07:46 PM
06 Ultra Classic
Cruiser
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I called TD and told them I wasn't going to be staying at the current rate. The woman did some shuffling and came back with $1225 . I may still check out Dalton Timmins , one of the guys I work with went there and saved more than the increase. He is paying less than last year .
Scott

Old 01-28-2016, 09:05 AM
Pete6114
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 06 Ultra Classic
I called TD and told them I wasn't going to be staying at the current rate. The woman did some shuffling and came back with $1225 . I may still check out Dalton Timmins , one of the guys I work with went there and saved more than the increase. He is paying less than last year .
Scott
Same here. I too pay less now then last year. When i had called TD to question their crazy increase
(after i already had a quote from Dalton Timmins), they came back with a $100 discount and said thats the very best they can do. Well.....i told her to cancell my policy when it expires late Feb. We'll see what Dalton does next year.....

Old 02-07-2016, 10:20 AM
alarmdoug
Road Warrior
Received 244 Likes on 168 Posts

Im amazed all the time when I see the charges and fees you pay up there in Canada. Yet the politicians here always preach to us what a great system you have up there for almost everything. *L*

I have my 14 Road King insured to the max, both in theft, liability, uninsured and under insured, my cost? $400.00 a year with Progressive and I ride almost all year.

Old 02-07-2016, 10:36 AM
HKMark23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,934 Likes on 1,111 Posts

Originally Posted by alarmdoug
Im amazed all the time when I see the charges and fees you pay up there in Canada. Yet the politicians here always preach to us what a great system you have up there for almost everything. *L*

I have my 14 Road King insured to the max, both in theft, liability, uninsured and under insured, my cost? $400.00 a year with Progressive and I ride almost all year.

Don't let em pour you the Canadian Medicare Kool Aid bro. We're a G8 nation with no option to our embarrassment of a government run system then to head south of the border and pay US doctors for 21st century medicine. Tens of thousands of Canadians resort to this every year, including our own doctors and politicians. Its one of our best kept little secrets.

Old 02-07-2016, 10:48 AM
Candubrain
Road Captain
Received 152 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by HKMark23
Don't let em pour you the Canadian Medicare Kool Aid bro. We're a G8 nation with no option to our embarrassment of a government run system then to head south of the border and pay US doctors for 21st century medicine. Tens of thousands of Canadians resort to this every year, including our own doctors and politicians. Its one of our best kept little secrets.
Every country has it's pluses and minuses. Our biggest problem is trying to have competitive rates on phones, insurance, roads, etc when we have such a large country with a small population trying to support it. Don't forget California has more people than all of Canada.

It's what we pay to have elbow room I guess.

Old 02-07-2016, 10:55 AM
Jackie Paper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,543 Likes on 3,794 Posts

With your dollar flat to the US, I am surprised you guys are not coming over the boarder like the Mexicans. Better hurry before Trump builds the next Great Wall of the USA Republic of China. By the way, my full coverage but with out medical State Farm(farmed out to Progressive no less) is under $300.

Old 02-07-2016, 11:07 AM
Candubrain
Road Captain
Received 152 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by RIPSAW
With your dollar flat to the US, I am surprised you guys are not coming over the boarder like the Mexicans. Better hurry before Trump builds the next Great Wall of the USA Republic of China. By the way, my full coverage but with out medical State Farm(farmed out to Progressive no less) is under $300.

You have room for us? LOL
As long as we don't have to pay for the Northern wall like Mexico is expected to pay for the southern.......we can't afford it unless you bring in illegal workers to do it.....lol

Old 02-07-2016, 11:19 AM
HKMark23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,934 Likes on 1,111 Posts

1.00 USD = 1.39025 CAD US Dollar Canadian Dollar 1 USD = 1.39025 CAD 1 CAD = 0.719295 USD Convert again View Chart Mid-market rates: 2016-02-07 17:09 UTC

We recently elected an empty suit who owes his entire unremarkable political career to his family name. We elected him on the promise he would borrow us to the brink, just like his daddy did and you can see the result above. Our Liberal media blames the death of our Loonie on oil prices but anyone older than 20 knows oil prices have fluctuated before with no effect on our currency. We may have to infiltrate Mexico if they'll hire us down there as gardeners. We do know how to grow dope, which explains a lot I think.

Old 02-07-2016, 11:33 AM
Jackie Paper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,543 Likes on 3,794 Posts

Only ones paying for the wall is us. Mexico is only helping out on the 6 lane tunnel under it.

Quick Reply: TD Insurance- wow !! to the Canadians here