Motorcycles For Sale Place your ad here if you're selling your Motorcycle. Please read the rules for posting in this section.

Note: something I learned today

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 06:48 PM
Sublime1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Note: something I learned today

I know most of you HD Vets may know this already, but for some of us young'ens that might not have been around the "game" as long.

HDFS, (Harley Financial) AKA Eaglemark Savings Bank, is the primary Finance Leg for HD.

If you are currently finance thru HDFS / Eaglemark and you are selling your bike to a private seller, whom isn't buying cash, or thru private financing HDFS will assist you in applying for, and selling your bike to the 3rd party, by working with them on a loan application, and obtaining financing on your bike.

So long as they can get approved, etc.

Now, this might not sound like much, but the biggest hurdle is often bridging the gap between cash in hand, and asking price. This may help a few folks make a deal that otherwise wouldn't work.

Here's a link to more info.

I hope this helps some potential seller on hard times or otherwise, who can't seem to get a deal going.

Brad

HDFS Sellers Assist

Have you decided to privately sell your bike, or found a bike you want to buy and need to obtain financing to complete the purchase? Your local Harley-Davidson dealer can help no matter what brand of motorcycle you're buying or selling! Through the Seller's Assist Program offered by Eaglemark Savings Bank, a subsidiary of Harley-Davidson Financial Services, financing is available to qualified individuals who are buying a motorcycle from another individual or private party.

Imagine how easy it will be to sell your bike when you tell potential buyers you know where they can apply for financing so they can keep their cash in their pockets.

Visit your local Harley-Davidson dealer today and ask how Seller's Assist can help you.

Old 10-14-2010, 06:59 PM
leanhog
Road Warrior

You expect us to read your post with that avatar? Just kidding, thanks for the good info.

Old 10-14-2010, 11:11 PM
Windborn
Novice

Originally Posted by leanhog
You expect us to read your post with that avatar?
What post? There was a post?

Old 10-15-2010, 05:57 AM
riteway
Extreme HDF Member
Received 987 Likes on 678 Posts

Thanks for the info....But i gotta agree..THAT avatar is great and we want more info on her!!!!!!.........o~`o....................

Old 10-16-2010, 07:09 PM
HD&CUMMINS
Banned

This is a great way to get on a bike. If you dont see one at a local dealer HD will still finance an outside bike for you and it doesnt have to be a HD.

Seems that HD will work with just about anyone to get them on a bike. Where most banks say no HD will say yes.

Old 10-16-2010, 08:23 PM
greginNH
Road Master

Originally Posted by HD&CUMMINS
This is a great way to get on a bike. If you dont see one at a local dealer HD will still finance an outside bike for you and it doesnt have to be a HD.

Seems that HD will work with just about anyone to get them on a bike. Where most banks say no HD will say yes.
Especially when they can charge some poor sucker with a hard-on for a Harley, 24% interest!!! When I financed my last bike, the dealer got me Tier One rates (5.5% APR), she told me that many people are still willing to pay 24% to ride away from the dealership with a new bike!

I guess the MOCO makes more money selling cheap T-shirts made in China and charging high interest rates than they actually do building motorcycles!

Last edited by greginNH; 10-16-2010 at 09:57 PM.
Old 10-20-2010, 09:03 PM
Sublime1
Cruiser

Originally Posted by greginNH
Especially when they can charge some poor sucker with a hard-on for a Harley, 24% interest!!! When I financed my last bike, the dealer got me Tier One rates (5.5% APR), she told me that many people are still willing to pay 24% to ride away from the dealership with a new bike!

I guess the MOCO makes more money selling cheap T-shirts made in China and charging high interest rates than they actually do building motorcycles!

Absolutely right....I called over the phone and their quote was I was tier-2 at 10.9%...

When I explained I was a vet and was going thru USAA for this one, at 6.74%, I miraculously became Tier-1 and they could do 7.99%...

I explained that unless the price of the bike dropped another 4k, that USAA deal was unbeatable.

It took me about 35 mins to sign the papers, sign over my trade and ride away with a 2010 FLHX Red Hot Sunglo...

I did have a wonderful experience for 6 years with HDFS, and they were very accommodating on the 1 time I had to be late due to changing banks...

I would recommend them for someone who isn't with a USAA or credit union.

Old 10-21-2010, 07:50 AM
Mk1Racer
Road Master

I was not impressed w/ them. When I went looking for a new bike 2 years ago, I went to the local H-D dealer. I had already talked to my bank, and they would give me 7.25% for a used bike. When I talked to the girl at HDFS, the best I was going to get was 9.99%. I explained to her that I was already approved at 7.25% from my bank for a USED bike, and I suspected the rate would be even lower for new. I asked her to explain why I should pay an extra 3% go go through HDFS. She really didn't have an answer.

Old 10-21-2010, 09:01 AM
Windborn
Novice

Originally Posted by Mk1Racer
I was not impressed w/ them. When I went looking for a new bike 2 years ago, I went to the local H-D dealer. I had already talked to my bank, and they would give me 7.25% for a used bike. When I talked to the girl at HDFS, the best I was going to get was 9.99%. I explained to her that I was already approved at 7.25% from my bank for a USED bike, and I suspected the rate would be even lower for new. I asked her to explain why I should pay an extra 3% go go through HDFS. She really didn't have an answer.
Maybe it's because HD loans are made by Americans for Americans. Visit the HD loan factory in Milwaukee where only the best quality U.S. Minted dollars are used in the construction of these loans. Cheaper quality foreign loans are made in Asian sweat shops underwritten by suspect currencies. You don't want to hear from a disgruntled seller that the loan money you gave them for your bike devalued in their accounts just days after a sale do you? Besides the loan and the payment stubs all sport the official HD bar and shield which ensures it's quality and "cool factor".

Old 10-21-2010, 01:03 PM
Sublime1
Cruiser

lulz !

Quick Reply: Note: something I learned today