Motorcycles For Sale Place your ad here if you're selling your Motorcycle. Please read the rules for posting in this section.

1995 FLHTP Certified Police Special Electra-Glide - "Bigger Badder Bertha"

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 03:54 PM
NorthGeorgiaHawg
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default SOLD! 1995 FLHTP Certified Police Special Electra-Glide - "Bigger Badder Bertha"

SOLD to Traildog!

It's been said that all good things must come to an end - and after buying two new bikes this year, my awesome time with Bigger Badder Bertha has come to that end. (Sniff...)

Bertha is a 1995 FLHTP - she's a Certified Police Special Electra-Glide, not a Road King - with a windshield, not a fairing. Her VIN is 1HD1DAL12SY600086... the "DA" designates her as a Police bike with a windshield.

SO... Bertha is the very last of her kind... the old FLHS front end was discontinued after 1993, but was carried forward only on Police bikes in 1994 and 1995. The Police Road King finally sunset the FLHS front end for good starting in 1996. So Bertha is the very last year this front end was ever made by the MoCo - on the 30th anniversary of the original Electra Glide in 1965.

PRICE REDUCED AGAIN: $7998, OBO. Mileage: 47,177.

CLICK HERE for link to more pictures of Bertha

Bertha has been meticulously maintained and upgraded over the last 4 years by me, and she is outfitted to the hilt:
* V-Thunder EVL-3010 cam (Torrington cam bearing)

* Arlen Ness Big Derby Sucker with Chrome Joker Machine Finned Cover - matching Chrome JM derby cover, inspection plate, timer cover , tank console, and fuel door

* Velva-Touch lifters in chrome Velva-Touch lifter blocks, adjustable Velva-Touch pushrods and pushrod covers

* Daytona Twin-Tec single-fire 1007-EX external ignition (not in the cone but where the OEM ignition was), Twin-Tec 2005 single-fire coil, and SE plug wires.

* V&H Dresser Duals true dual headers and straight fishtails, and another set of straight 2 1/4" Porker pipes... all chrome

* True-Track Trackula rear-end stabilizer kit with solid bronze bushings in the swing arm, upgraded rubber isolators, and a new upgraded front motor mount

* Mustang Regal studded seat with removable and adjustable studded driver backrest and matching studded Tour Pak backrest (buying this setup alone new would be around $1000)

* 2006 detachable Ultra Tour Pak with locking detachable hardware, molded liner, Large Chrome rack, key lock matched to ignition, Ultra light bar with chrome cover and railing, and side marker lights, (another $1200 or so new)

* Dragonfly Concepts Tour Pak speaker pods with 6 1/2" 2-way Kenwood speakers, 2 100W amps (one for front and one for rear), 4" speakers in chrome pods up front, 3.5mm audio connection for iPod/iPhone/MP3 player

* Nearly-new Cee Baileys aircraft-grade Lucite Windshield 2" wider than stock, triple windshield bags

* All Chrome hand controls, switches, and levers

* Chrome Saddlebag Rails, Chrome Mid-Frame Covers

* Custom chrome mirrors (with inscription "Azzholes in Mirror are Bigger Than They Appear" - Really!)

* Chrome 80-spoke Nempco StyleGlide Elite wire wheels

* H-D "Customized Chrome Calipers"... 4-pot chrome front calipers with Harley-Davidson lettering (no longer available from H-D). They were $600 when you could still get them.

* Polished 5-spoke open front rotors that you see the shiny wheels through

* H-D Dunlop wide whitewalls with very low mileage

* Concho fender skirt, H-D Chrome fender rail inserts front and rear, H-D Triple rail rear fender rail (no longer available from H-D)

* H-D Chrome front fork lowers, chrome upper cans

* Chrome Mini-Beast 128 dB air horn with relay (sucker is LOUD!)

* H-D Visor style headlight bezel, passing lamp bezels, and turn signal bezels front and rear

* H-D "Chrome and Rubber" Collection rider footboard inserts, HarleyGoodies 1" footboard extensions, Concho passenger footboard covers

* H-D Side Cover Chrome Triple Rail (no longer available from H-D)

* Red Turn Signals have red lenses and function as both running lights and turn signal lights. Tour Pak tea light function as run/brake/turn signals using a Kuryakyn run/brake/turn controller

* .44 Magnum nickel cartridges covering EVERY 1/4" socket head bolt on the entire bike - including the windshield bolts and license plate bolts

* 1995 H-D Factory Service Manual, H-D Police Supplement, and H-D Police Parts Catalog. And a Clymer Evo manual as well (good "engine ****" pics!)

Did I mention CHROME? Everything that can be chromed on this bike IS chromed... except the frame, but it has chrome covers on it - on the neck and mid frame, too.

* And last but not least... FRINGE!!! (Relax... it's removable... but kind of cool blowing in the wind!)
I have a LOT of money in this bike - but I have no illusions about EVER getting much of it back...

I need to sell this bike. All serious offers entertained. Its sitting in Canton right now, in a sympathetic friend's garage.

WIFE NOT INCLUDED!

Last edited by NorthGeorgiaHawg; 01-15-2012 at 10:29 PM. Reason: SOLD!
Old 12-12-2011, 04:53 PM
Beav
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

Rode the Cherohala Skyway a couple of months ago behind this bike. Don't know anything about the bike other than it SOUNDS AWESOME! Does look like a floating sheepdog, thank gawd it's all removable!!!

Good luck Ken, know your sad to see her go!!!

Beav

Old 12-12-2011, 08:02 PM
1badbagger
Road Warrior
Received 1,621 Likes on 427 Posts

Didn't feel like reading it all, is the miles and price in there somewhere ?

Old 12-13-2011, 12:06 PM
NorthGeorgiaHawg
Club Member

Originally Posted by 1badbagger
Didn't feel like reading it all, is the miles and price in there somewhere ?
I forgot to put the mileage... 47,177. I'll post the mileage in the OP. The bike is sitting in a friend's garage right now 15 miles away.

Price is now in the OP... $8998, negotiable. Bike has a lot of expensive extras - full King Ultra Tour Pak, Mustang Regal seat, V&H headers, True-Track Trackula rear-end stabilizer with solid bronze bushings in the swing arm, etc.

Last edited by NorthGeorgiaHawg; 12-13-2011 at 12:42 PM.
Old 12-13-2011, 12:39 PM
NorthGeorgiaHawg
Club Member

Originally Posted by Beav
Rode the Cherohala Skyway a couple of months ago behind this bike. Don't know anything about the bike other than it SOUNDS AWESOME! Does look like a floating sheepdog, thank gawd it's all removable!!!

Good luck Ken, know your sad to see her go!!!

Beav
Yeah, I really am, Beav. Admittedly, I went a bit over the top with the fringe... NGB calls it the "Afghan Hound"!

NGB bought me that bike for my 50th birthday in Feb 2007. I learned a lot about Harleys owning Bertha, and doing all the stuff to her that I did.

Bigger Badder Bertha will always hold a very special place in my heart, and I hope she finds a good home... (sniff sniff)

Old 12-19-2011, 04:28 PM
NorthGeorgiaHawg
Club Member

Bump... Anyone interested???

Old 12-20-2011, 10:18 PM
NorthGeorgiaHawg
Club Member

PRICE REDUCED to $8498, or best offer...

Old 12-21-2011, 03:06 PM
jm_obrien
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very very cool bike! After clicking on this one a few times I figured I'd at least let you know that you did a good job with her!!

Jon

Old 12-29-2011, 08:18 PM
NorthGeorgiaHawg
Club Member

Originally Posted by jm_obrien
Very very cool bike! After clicking on this one a few times I figured I'd at least let you know that you did a good job with her!!

Jon
Thanks, man. Know anyone who wants to buy her???

Old 12-30-2011, 08:00 AM
4 inch pistons
Road Master
Received 141 Likes on 81 Posts

In another place --- at another time---- that bike would be mine! When I had the Heritage and hung out in the EVO section I used to slobber all over the keyboard looking at Bertha. I guess it IS all about timing.

Quick Reply: 1995 FLHTP Certified Police Special Electra-Glide - "Bigger Badder Bertha"