Sponsored by:

Test rode the CVORGU at York Open House

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2014, 08:26 AM
Afdharley
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Test rode the CVORGU at York Open House

I've had my eye on one of these since they were announced. Went for a decent test ride with my wife on the back. Much easier to handle than my Limited. Looks like a much bigger bike but handles like a much smaller one. I experienced smoother air flow than my bike. Wife say nothing different from her perspective. Screen did wash out in the sun. They need to change the angle or add a shade above it.

They had all 3 color combos there. My fave was the maroon. It really pops in the sun the blue was nice and the carbon did nothing for me.

All said and done I don't think I can justify the price for it compared to mine. I will say that if they offer a RG Ultra or Limited in '16 I will trade.

Old 09-20-2014, 03:14 PM
Afdharley
Road Master

Now my wife in encouraging me to just "build one". She says it would be cheaper to just change the fairing than buy the new bike. See, I knew I liked her

I'll look into this venture. Has anyone attempted such a feat on a '14 yet?

Old 09-20-2014, 06:25 PM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 164 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Afdharley
Now my wife in encouraging me to just "build one". She says it would be cheaper to just change the fairing than buy the new bike. See, I knew I liked her

I'll look into this venture. Has anyone attempted such a feat on a '14 yet?
It will be less expensive in the long run to buy the factory built bike.

Old 09-20-2014, 08:33 PM
heavymetalthunder
Grand HDF Member
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts

Originally Posted by scottt
It will be less expensive in the long run to buy the factory built bike.
How do you'd figure that? a conversion is 4-5k. Upgrade to a CVO is at least twice that much or more.

Old 09-21-2014, 09:06 AM
Afdharley
Road Master

I don't know yet what the conversion will cost me. I am looking into it tho.

I'm not doing anything extravagant with paint, vivid black and gold pin stripe to match my current paint.

I have a friend that works at a dealership in Wisconsin and I asked him for some prices. Well see what comes back. I can do the work except for the paint. Actually, I can get the vivid black inner and then I only have to paint the outer.

My bike was $26K out the door. Figure a price increase for next year and I think I'm better off adding the fairing than trading. Especially if I figure in any money gained by selling off the old parts.

Resale may be another story, but honestly I didn't buy this bike for its resale value anyway. If I do this it will be possibly the only 2014 Firefighter Road Glide Limited.

Old 09-21-2014, 04:41 PM
Powergod
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Afdharley
I don't know yet what the conversion will cost me. I am looking into it tho.

I'm not doing anything extravagant with paint, vivid black and gold pin stripe to match my current paint.

I have a friend that works at a dealership in Wisconsin and I asked him for some prices. Well see what comes back. I can do the work except for the paint. Actually, I can get the vivid black inner and then I only have to paint the outer.

My bike was $26K out the door. Figure a price increase for next year and I think I'm better off adding the fairing than trading. Especially if I figure in any money gained by selling off the old parts.

Resale may be another story, but honestly I didn't buy this bike for its resale value anyway. If I do this it will be possibly the only 2014 Firefighter Road Glide Limited.
Interesting to see how it all turns out