Sponsored by:

No text messages sprint iPhone 6

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2014, 09:50 PM
JAKE 2544
Road Captain
Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts
Default No text messages sprint iPhone 6

I was able to receive text messages on my iPhone 5s but not with my 6, anyone else have this problem ? When I set it up there was a sync error .

Old 09-20-2014, 09:58 PM
Hammz
Grand HDF Member

Received 576 Likes on 417 Posts

Originally Posted by JAKE 2544
I was able to receive text messages on my iPhone 5s but not with my 6, anyone else have this problem ? When I set it up there was a sync error .
Infotainment won't synch w/phone if there are MMS messages on phone. Must be text only, no graphics, no pictures, no videos.

Old 09-20-2014, 10:29 PM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts

I've never been able to get texts... the phone rings long enough for me to hit ignore on calls, but I don't even get notification of texts.

I reckon it's just me not being able to figure it out.

Old 09-21-2014, 06:15 AM
BDUB1605
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is extremely easy to fix but if you don't know about it then you will be frustrated.

First goto settings then click on bluetooth
next click on the i with a circle around it on the far right next to H-D Radio or whatever your radio is called on your device

Click show notifications and make sure it is on.

thats it.

Like Hammz said, you cannot view any kind of MMS message so no graphics, no pictures, no videos.

Hope this helps

Old 09-21-2014, 07:38 PM
JAKE 2544
Road Captain
Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

Thanks everyone, I'll give that a try!

Old 09-21-2014, 11:21 PM
mavantix
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I haven't been able to get it to work with my iPhone 5 or iPhone 6, but I am not sure it picks up iMessages (which is most all txt's I get), IE. the blue ones not the green SMS. Can anyone confirm iMessages also work, or is it only SMS?

Old 09-22-2014, 06:54 AM
geektoad
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Do I get this right? Are you guys reading texts while you ride?

Old 09-22-2014, 06:58 AM
GoGetter5832
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by BDUB1605
This is extremely easy to fix but if you don't know about it then you will be frustrated. First goto settings then click on bluetooth next click on the i with a circle around it on the far right next to H-D Radio or whatever your radio is called on your device Click show notifications and make sure it is on. thats it. Like Hammz said, you cannot view any kind of MMS message so no graphics, no pictures, no videos. Hope this helps
Thanks for this info. It worked perfectly on my iPhone 5 and I tried to set it all up yesterday with my iPhone 6 and couldn't get it to work. Planned on trying to mess with it today. I'll apply your method.

Old 09-22-2014, 07:08 AM
Hammz
Grand HDF Member

Received 576 Likes on 417 Posts

Originally Posted by geektoad
No. But it notifies me if I receive a text & automatically sends back a text message that I've set up that says I'm on the bike & will get back to them later.

It does have the capability to read the text to me, so if I were inclined, I could hear the text message while riding. I've not used that option while riding, but it's there & gives the rider a safe way to get the message while moving (don't need to read the message on the screen).

I use voice recognition commands for the majority of my control inputs to the Infotainment system while riding. It is extremely easy & I don't even have to glance at the screen to do this.

Old 09-22-2014, 09:18 AM
plongson
Road Master
Received 326 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by geektoad
<sigh...heavy exhale>...Here we FRIGG'N go again. NO WE ARE NOT READING TEXT MESSAGES WHILE RIDING! Let me say it again, NO WE ARE NOT READING TEXT MESSAGES WHILE RIDING!

While riding, the infotainment will notify you of a text message that you can pull over and read or it WILL READ IT TO YOU on the fly.

Please study the limits and capabilities of the Infotainment system before casting aspersions.

And just for the record, with IOS8, the Infotainment will still not respond with the canned "Sorry I'm riding...Bla, bla,bla" or allow you to respond verbally.

Quick Reply: No text messages sprint iPhone 6