Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 01:26 PM
smhdrg12
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CB Install - 2015 Road Glide Special

Looking to install the CB in my 2015 FLTRXS. Saw this thread from June:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/new-r...e-special.html

I was wondering if the same parts list applies. I called and asked the service manager at my local dealer (who had the front fairing off one that day) if there was room for the CB module (since the CVO Road Glide comes with a CB) and he said yes - on both sides of the infotainment. That's all fine, but I would like to secure the CB with the bracket that comes with the module (he didn't have a module kit in stock to see).

Does anyone know if this will work or has some one installed a CB on their 2015 Road Glide? I would like to add this as a winter project assuming the HD parts will work. I know about the CB antenna bracket and how HD doesn't even offer one you can use.

Old 10-30-2014, 10:07 PM
mikear2012
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default CB Install on 2015 Roadglide

Hello,

I am in the process of trading in 2014 Streetglide for 2015 Roadglide since I have two 2014 now. I look at a CVO Roadglide parts catalog and we found that the module number is same for streetglide, but you will need to order brackets that are used for CVO roadglide. I will be pulling off all my CB stuff off the streetglide and putting it on roadglide.

Look me up by user and I did post part list for streetglide stuff. When I get part number(s) of brackets, I will post them.

I will also be pulling out my XM module and putting that in roadglide.

Originally Posted by smhdrg12
Looking to install the CB in my 2015 FLTRXS. Saw this thread from June:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/new-r...e-special.html

I was wondering if the same parts list applies. I called and asked the service manager at my local dealer (who had the front fairing off one that day) if there was room for the CB module (since the CVO Road Glide comes with a CB) and he said yes - on both sides of the infotainment. That's all fine, but I would like to secure the CB with the bracket that comes with the module (he didn't have a module kit in stock to see).

Does anyone know if this will work or has some one installed a CB on their 2015 Road Glide? I would like to add this as a winter project assuming the HD parts will work. I know about the CB antenna bracket and how HD doesn't even offer one you can use.

Old 11-26-2014, 02:09 AM
mikear2012
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2015 Roadglide Special CB and XM radio installation

Holes marked C&D that hold CB bracket

Two holes on left side of radio that hold cb bracket. black connector where CB module plugs into. White one is for communication harness

CVO console

CVO console

CB menu in radio after install

Hello All,

Just a quick update on XM module and CB install on 2015 Roadglide.

1) XM Module in P&A catalog fits in roaglide. I also removed mine from 2014 Streetglide before trading it in and installed same module on Roadglide. Radio ID is part of module so no need to transfer service. On the roadglide there is a plate on the left side where you put the XM antenna. On the right side you will see the NAV antenna. Use this as reference to the plate directly symmetric on the left side to put XM antenna.

2) Use CB module from P&A catalog and disregard bracket and order bracket and hardware used in 2015 CVO Ultra limited Roadglide. The bracket has nut features as part of bracket where the other bracket is just through holes. Then I just used the lighted switches that have PTT button. Finally used CB antenna kit that you use on a 2013 streetglide and discarded all the brackets and used the AM/FM CB antenna. Routed CB cable to it. I left the old AM/FM unplugged and tied away just in case I ever want to put it back. You may trade in bike someday a take all the CB stuff off as I did with 2014 street glide. Finally installed hidden AM/FM antenna in fairing.

Bracket part number: 76000570
QTY 2 screw to mount bracket part number: 3588

3) I used the communication cable from P&A and order a 2014 CVO console and all associated hardware to I can plug headset in.

4) Console in picture data
14100385-Medallion, cb pod (insert),
61270-08-Console, fuel tank
77153-08-CB POD, Fuel tank
77177-08-Retainer bracket, RR
77188-08-Retainer bracket, FRT QTY 2 (you may have extra 1)
4194-Screws QTY 6 (You may have extras)
76266-98A CB weather cap (use this instead of one that comes with intercom harness.

Assemble the whole thing before putting on tank. Also you will be using some of the parts of stock console. Finally, all of the parts I listed are from a 2014 CVO ultra limited parts book if you need to see pictures or validate part. Your dealer can either pull in up on computer or they have the parts book.

Last edited by mikear2012; 12-04-2014 at 12:05 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Rollbar (02-19-2024)
Old 06-15-2016, 10:29 AM
PSRumors
Road Captain
Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts

I know this is an old thread but I came across it when I was trying to figure out the CB install on my RGS.

The bracket from the street glide will work just fine. I tapped the holes in the bracket and then threaded some short screws into the holes. These act like studs to slide up into the C & D holes mentioned above.

So if you get a good deal on a CB module and it has the street glide bracket it is quite easy to use it on the Road Glides.

Old 03-02-2017, 11:28 AM
BobbytheButcher
4th Gear
Default Is a different wiring harness required for the PTT switch?

I know this thread is a bit dated but I'm looking to install a CB with full functionality on my 2015 SGS. My biggest question is whether or not a new wiring harness is required for the PTT switch on the RH controls to work or if the original 2015 SGS harness has the capability to just plug in to the PTT switch.

My dealer is recommending purchasing a wiring harness from an Ultra to fit the solution but in all the threads I've read, nobody seems to mention a need for this. If so, how in depth is the change out process (looking to do the work myself with exception to the Flash if needed).

Thanks!

Old 03-02-2017, 12:56 PM
PSRumors
Road Captain

Originally Posted by BobbytheButcher
I know this thread is a bit dated but I'm looking to install a CB with full functionality on my 2015 SGS. My biggest question is whether or not a new wiring harness is required for the PTT switch on the RH controls to work or if the original 2015 SGS harness has the capability to just plug in to the PTT switch.

My dealer is recommending purchasing a wiring harness from an Ultra to fit the solution but in all the threads I've read, nobody seems to mention a need for this. If so, how in depth is the change out process (looking to do the work myself with exception to the Flash if needed).

Thanks!
No, you do not need a wiring harness, just the switch pack for the right hand controls that contains the PTT.

You will need a coax cable to run from the CB module to your antenna or a hidden antenna under the fairing.

BrownSanta (03-02-2017)
Old 03-02-2017, 01:17 PM
bigfish_Oh
Road Warrior
Received 64 Likes on 41 Posts

If your buying a switch pack, look at buying lighted switches, mine included ptt.

after a certain software update(owner update) the cb flash is included so you will not need to pay dealer.

I thought my cable was laying in the tour pack ready to hook to antennae.(maybe just 2014?)

after fairing was off, cb took minutes.

Old 03-02-2017, 01:33 PM
Hammz
Grand HDF Member

Received 576 Likes on 417 Posts

Originally Posted by BobbytheButcher

Thanks!
You might need a new dealer but you don't need a wiring harness.

Old 03-02-2017, 02:22 PM
BobbytheButcher
4th Gear

+1 for a new dealer. I've already had several issues with this one's service department trying to upsell me on things. It didn't sound like I would need a new harness but I'm glad I double checked with you guys.

Old 03-02-2017, 02:58 PM
PSRumors
Road Captain

Originally Posted by bigfish_Oh
If your buying a switch pack, look at buying lighted switches, mine included ptt.

after a certain software update(owner update) the cb flash is included so you will not need to pay dealer.

I thought my cable was laying in the tour pack ready to hook to antennae.(maybe just 2014?)

after fairing was off, cb took minutes.
Yes, yours had the CB antenna coax in the tour pak

He is asking about a Street Glide Special which did not come with a tour pak. That is the difference.

bigfish_Oh (03-03-2017)

Quick Reply: CB Install - 2015 Road Glide Special