Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Daymaker Reflector LED Fog Lamps & Wiring Harness

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2014, 08:43 AM
bill1nat
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I was thinking of installing these myself,if you wouldn't mind taking some pictures after your complete and letting me know your thoughts I would appreciate it

Old 10-05-2014, 03:31 PM
scooterkid
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default LED Fog Lights

Here are a few pictures of the New Harley Day Maker LED Fog Lights I just installed.
There is nothing hard at all to install them. Just need the Wiring Harness, Mounting Brackets and Fog lights. The hardest part of this install is running the wires down the frame and wire tiring them.
The first picture is the Driving Lights & Blinker Bracket which is what you have to take off, either side, left or right which ever you prefer, I did the right side.
Once the bracket is removed just disconnect the little wire connection that is behind it and set the Bracket with the Driving Light & Blinker aside. Now just work the new wiring harness up from bottom behind the plastic dash and through the opening where original wire comes out of and connect it to the existing connecter. You can make the connection and push the extra wire back through the hole where this original wire connection comes out of. I have a picture of the harness connected and the extra wire has already been pushed back in the hole/opening where the original wire comes through. Now just bolt the Bracket that you removed and set aside earlier, wire tie all the wires and you are good to go. I didn’t mention anything about mounting the lights themselves as that is all self-explained. The last two pictures is of my bike with the LED Fog lights, I haven’t driven at night yet so I can’t tell you how well they work yet.

Attached Thumbnails Daymaker Reflector LED Fog Lamps & Wiring Harness-driving-and-bbinker-bracket-need-to-remove-.jpg   Daymaker Reflector LED Fog Lamps & Wiring Harness-connector-for-driving-light-and-blinker.jpg   Daymaker Reflector LED Fog Lamps & Wiring Harness-wire-harness-connection-connected-for-led-fogs.jpg   Daymaker Reflector LED Fog Lamps & Wiring Harness-bike-with-new-led-fog-lights.jpg   Daymaker Reflector LED Fog Lamps & Wiring Harness-bike-with-led-fogs.jpg  

The following users liked this post:
Austintec (12-22-2018)
Old 10-05-2014, 04:24 PM
jbrooksca
Cruiser
Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Scooterkid

First off like the look of the lights on your bike.
What controls the on/off of your new lights, the auxiliary light switch on the dash? That being the case, are your new LED fog lights only on when the auxiliary lights are on?
Just asking, as I am in the process of installing the same lights on my 2014 Ultra. However, I am using HD Auxiliary Power Switch Kit Fairing Mount #71400106. This adds two switches into the tow blanked out areas beside the switch on the dash. It also come with a small harness that has a relay operated power wire, a switch operated power wire and a constant power wire. One switch operates a relay controlled power wire, which I am going to hook my lights up to , the second operates a switched wire that I will wire my GPS into. All in all a nice plug-n-play setup from Harley (though pricy up here in Canada). I am wiring mine so I can control which lights I have on and when.

Jerry

Old 10-06-2014, 11:31 AM
bill1nat
Road Master

thanks for posting the pictures, those look Awesome!!

Old 10-06-2014, 06:11 PM
scooterkid
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default LED Fog Light Switch

Yes, the LED Fog’s go on and off with the driving lamp switch which I have had set so the high beams stay on.
I did add the 2 Aux Switches to the dash with the extra kit part number 71400106. I was thinking of hooking them up that way but for the most part I always keep the lights on for extra visibility. I can still change them over at another time. The lights look nice but haven’t yet driven at night with them. I think I will also have to adjust them up a little more then what I have them set now.

Old 10-06-2014, 07:47 PM
bill1nat
Road Master

I think they look awesome I also think you just cost me $500

Old 10-07-2014, 09:56 AM
Padre
Club Member

Received 1,221 Likes on 526 Posts

Group buy!!!!

Old 10-08-2014, 09:02 PM
KMC1
Tourer
Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

I'd be very interested to know how you're liking these lights. In particular I'm hoping to add some light for cornering as the headlight has an extremely flat beam, which creates a giant void when turning into corners, particularly if up a hill. I still need to adjust the driving lights better too, but haven't had a chance to make one of those slotted sockets yet. Anyway, I'd like to know if the fog lights help with creating a wider beam for cornering, and if you think they increase your visibility to other traffic during the day?

Thanks, and it looks great!

Old 10-09-2014, 09:34 AM
rrp777
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

KMC what do you mean slotted sockets to adjust the driving lights

Old 10-09-2014, 11:29 AM
merlin41
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have noticed that the 2014 LTD headlight and running lights are not as visible as incandescent lights in bright sunlight. The 2014 stock lights are very directional - you can see them from directly in front but not as much to the left or right of center. Are these new "reflector" style fog lights visable from a wider angle?

Quick Reply: Daymaker Reflector LED Fog Lamps & Wiring Harness