Daymaker Reflector LED Fog Lamps & Wiring Harness

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 11:34 AM
KMC1
Tourer
Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by rrp777
KMC what do you mean slotted sockets to adjust the driving lights
To adjust the driving lights, you need to be able to get the socket over the power wire that goes up inside the threaded stalk the lights sit on. I don't want to pay $50 for a socket I'll probably use once, but just haven't had the chance to make one yet - looks like this:

I'm cheap, but not easy.

Old 10-18-2014, 01:46 PM
KMC1
Tourer

Originally Posted by scooterkid
Yes, the LED Fog’s go on and off with the driving lamp switch which I have had set so the high beams stay on.
I did add the 2 Aux Switches to the dash with the extra kit part number 71400106. I was thinking of hooking them up that way but for the most part I always keep the lights on for extra visibility. I can still change them over at another time. The lights look nice but haven’t yet driven at night with them. I think I will also have to adjust them up a little more then what I have them set now.
Hey scooter - have you been able to try these out at night yet? What are your thoughts? I have the headlight and driving lights adjusted much better than they were, but I'm still wanting to put some light that fills in corners when the bike is leaned over - think they would do that well and be worth the $$?

Old 10-21-2014, 07:16 PM
scooterkid
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Harley's new LED Fog Lights

The light isn't as bright as I would like but they do add to what I already have. You can adjust them to where you want and they put out a horizontal beam of light. I wanted more light when going around a corner which they do give me. I must say that cars seem to notice you more at night which of course is a good thing. If you can get them on sale or some discount on them I would say go for it. The full price is just to much but that's Harley Davidson. All in all I think they are worth it.

The following users liked this post:
Austintec (12-22-2018)
Old 10-22-2014, 07:10 PM
KMC1
Tourer

Thanks for the reply scooter. The fact that the beam is horizontal makes me think I need to look elsewhere to address the problem I want to solve. I really appreciate your feedback.

Old 12-01-2014, 02:26 PM
ezsg
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scooterkid
Thanks for all the reply’s. I think I figured out that the connecter I need to separate and connect the wiring harness between is actually inside of the bracket that the Driving Lamps and Turn Signals are mounted on. I have been reading into the instructions to deep. Not sure just yet but I assume that these extra 2 ½” DayMaker Highway Bar mounted Fog Lamps will be on with the passing lamps which I had programed to stay on with the high beam. It’s kind of confusing passing lamps, fog lamps? Anyway I will let you know how they work out and if these lamps fill in light as the one person mentioned. I did get them cheaper than $395.95 and the only other thing you need is the wiring harness which is like $25.00 and the mounting bracket that mounts them to the Highway Bars, I think that was $49.95. You don’t need to purchase any auxiliary switches. They seem to be made very well and have some weight to them. I purchased the three parts over like 3 paychecks as stuff isn’t cheap as we all know.
Hope to get them installed over this weekend and will let you know what I think of them. For those of you not sure of the LED lamps I am talking about see the attached picture. Thanks again…
Hi Scooterkid,

Need your help if you can share the connection picture and descriptions.

I too have these kits and having issues to connect the wiring for the Fog lamp kits on 2014 FLHX Street Glide. Even the HD local dealer couldn't figure this one. I've posted the same issue on another thread under Touring.

Here are my parts. (note 2014 FLHX stock do not have any passing light/aux switch on the dash)

68000092 DAYMAKER™ REFLECTOR LED FOG LAMPS

71400105 AUXILIARY POWER SWITCH KIT – FAIRING MOUNT

69201109 - LED FOG LAMP WIRING HARNESS

68000142 - LED FOG LAMP ENGINE GUARD CLAMP KIT

Old 12-07-2014, 10:44 AM
BG_FLHTK
Stage I

Does anyone have pictures of how the wires are run from the fog lamps up to the wiring harness that they can share?

Old 01-17-2015, 10:23 AM
jpb
Novice

Originally Posted by BG_FLHTK
Does anyone have pictures of how the wires are run from the fog lamps up to the wiring harness that they can share?
Bump. I would also like to see how folks have routed the wiring harness down to the fog lamps

Old 01-30-2015, 09:44 PM
beammeup
Road Master
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

I'd like to see how these new lights look on the road and also if anyone finds another light to hook up with the clamp; now that would be just ducky.

Old 08-15-2015, 08:42 PM
Hades02
Tourer

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Tried installing this on a buddy's 15 SGS. Connected to passing lamp with the extra harness. plugged everything in and nothing, no fog lights. Am I missing something. Hoping to help others as well.

Old 08-15-2015, 09:51 PM
SlowRain
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I installed these on my '15 CVO limited earlier this week. As someone else said, the hardest part of the whole affair was routing wiring. I did not drill holes in the engine guards. All you do is pull off the driving light/turn signal from either the right or left side. Unplug the thing and set it aside. You have to fish the splice connections up there, pull them out the opening, plug the module into the splice (no need to describe, it is pretty obvious). So here is lesson one that might explain why you didn't get any lights running. BE SURE YOU WHEN YOU PLUG THE CONNECTORS YOU GET A CLICK MEANING THEY LOCKED INTO EACH OTHER. I thought I had and found out I hadn't on one side of the splice. Corrected that and confirmed I had power to the lights.

The harness is way long....way to long. I ended up routing the wire from the lights behind the engine guards downward and used a black zip tie next to the black support to anchor it. You really can't see it there. Then up the black frame upwards (more zip ties) to the area just under the chrome crossbrace. This is where the harness plugged into the fog light connectors. I would recommend a shot of dielectric grease in those. You want to make sure the wiring doesn't rub on sharp corners or is too close to things like engine heads, sharp edges, etc. I ended up coiling up a lot of the harness and zip tied it off to the wiring coming from the batwing heading towards the gas tank (on the right side of the bike).

As far as operation. If you are thinking these are going to toss light 50 yards down the road you're going to be disappointed. They're fog lights and the beam pattern is pretty similar to what you get flipping on the fog lights in a car or truck. I aimed mine up from level a bit and when I am riding it definitely lights up across the front and to the sides. When I was on 4 lane, and came by vehicles going the same direction they light up the sides of the vehicle to the point where in the dark I could see what the drivers shirt looked like as I passed by. I might fool with the aiming some more sometime, but I am pretty happy with how they are now. The beam is horizontal and throws a wide beam side to side, but isn't going to shoot all that much way out front and down the road. Definitely lights up the gap area between the bike and the day maker headlight though.

Last edited by SlowRain; 08-15-2015 at 10:05 PM.

Quick Reply: Daymaker Reflector LED Fog Lamps & Wiring Harness