Sponsored by:

Rushmore clock DST

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2014, 04:36 PM
MriMan47201
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rushmore clock DST

This has been a hard one for me to use Search for answer.

I rode my '14 Limited today for the 1st time since the DST time Sunday.

The clock was off by one hour reading 5:00pm when it was 4:00pm.

Checking the settings.... Clock was set to Auto time zone and DST "On".

What does "On" mean? does that mean it knows the date and the days the clock should change or does that just give one an easy way to adjust the clock plus or minus one hour manually, by turning this DST toggle on/off.

Cause my clock did NOT adjust to the new time..... just like my dog.

Old 11-05-2014, 04:39 PM
HMark63
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I toggled my DST "ON" to "OFF" on Sunday. My bike did not switch automatically.

Old 11-05-2014, 04:40 PM
MMXIWG
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by MriMan47201

What does "On" mean? does that mean it knows the date and the days the clock should change or does that just give one an easy way to adjust the clock plus or minus one hour manually, by turning this DST toggle on/off.

Boom Audio System explains it as "on" means that it is DST and "off" is standard time. It doesn't automatically change.

Old 11-05-2014, 05:03 PM
FinalShot
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by MMXIWG
Boom Audio System explains it as "on" means that it is DST and "off" is standard time. It doesn't automatically change.
Yep, turn it to off and in a couple months, turn it back to on.

Old 11-05-2014, 05:09 PM
14GuineaPig
Stellar HDF Member
Received 512 Likes on 444 Posts

The bike does not know what the date is therefore it cannot automatically adjust for DST.

Old 11-05-2014, 06:21 PM
AmberWhisky
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MriMan47201

Auto time zone did nothing t work for me this past summer when I passed through a time zone, fyi.

Toggle Daylight Saving Time "NO" in the spring (sets time one hour forward), then toggle DST "OFF" in the fall (sets time one hour back).
I also thought "ON" ment the infotainment system was going to automagically take care of DST.

Old 11-05-2014, 06:32 PM
YPD485
Stellar HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by 14GuineaPig
The bike does not know what the date is therefore it cannot automatically adjust for DST.
My auto doesn't know what day it is either, yet because it has GPS, the time changed automatically. The bike's system should be the same since it has GPS. Yet again, Harley must have saved a nickel on each system by not having that feature operate automatically. And before someone says just go in the settings and change it, why did Harley even bother with the Boom system? If they don't know how to design and have it operate correctly, they shouldn't have even bothered throwing this system together just to have another thing to lump together for the Rushmore bikes as a sales temptation?

Old 11-05-2014, 06:53 PM
codpilot
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry sad

Originally Posted by YPD485
My auto doesn't know what day it is either, yet because it has GPS, the time changed automatically. The bike's system should be the same since it has GPS. Yet again, Harley must have saved a nickel on each system by not having that feature operate automatically. And before someone says just go in the settings and change it, why did Harley even bother with the Boom system? If they don't know how to design and have it operate correctly, they shouldn't have even bothered throwing this system together just to have another thing to lump together for the Rushmore bikes as a sales temptation?
Yep my bike has no clue as to the time zone, et all. As I covered all the zones in the US it was manually change each time. And dst same thing.

As for dates, it's encoded in the GPS signal as I recall. So to not use it is just pathetic. But yeah I expect nothing from the computers in the rushmore models or Harley's ability/desire to do anything about them. However as I simply do not have to go back to work for the next two months I plan on making my poor dealer do a weekly reinstall and warranty repair - I'm even going to push for a new head unit given the number of folks here that like to remind me that they have no problems. I want one of those.

Old 11-06-2014, 07:09 AM
nchogfan
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I had to change the settings on mine yesterday. If the screen shows "On" it apparently means it is giving us the option to select "On" instead of meaning it is turned on. As soon as I selected "On" the screen changed to show "Off" and the time changed to be correct.

Old 11-06-2014, 11:00 AM
14GuineaPig
Stellar HDF Member
Received 512 Likes on 444 Posts

Originally Posted by YPD485

I should have been clearer with my response. When setting the bike's clock using the "User Time" option, you can set the "Time Zone", "DST"(on/off), and "12/24 Hour" format but you cannot set the date. I was thinking more along the lines of a Personal Computer where you can set the date, time zone and DST options. This allows the computer to change from DST to standard time automatically without the user manually adjusting for DST.

Quick Reply: Rushmore clock DST