2014-2023 Touring Models This Section Is For Rushmore/2014-2023 Touring Models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

J&M Hidden Antenna for Rushmore : Has anyone tried it yet?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 03:30 AM
Stew Pidaso
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default J&M Hidden Antenna for Rushmore : Has anyone tried it yet?

J&M has a new hidden antenna for '14 up baggers, has anyone installed one on their ride? Does anyone know of a review?

Old 01-29-2015, 03:46 AM
Sam2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 216 Likes on 157 Posts

I have one installed on my 14 sg works good. I will say I always listen to a ipod and I'm in a area I think that gives good signal. I never kept the stock antenna on bike it was often it seem to be in the way especially in the garage. One day a guy on here posted a picture of his eye ball he almost pokes it out on his antenna After seeing that I never had mine on bike again. So I got jm antenna and few times I have used it it's been good.

Old 01-29-2015, 06:43 AM
Fatboy Brian
Grand HDF Member
Received 464 Likes on 191 Posts

I have it on mine and it's ok. It was a little better then running the stock antenna up the frame rail. I very seldom listen to the radio.

Old 01-29-2015, 07:44 AM
wwglide
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put one on and my radio reception is now worse than stock. In town it's not too bad but it's seems to have much less range than the stock antenna.

Old 01-29-2015, 04:34 PM
dgdamore
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Can someone please post a link?

Old 01-29-2015, 06:27 PM
NCBondsman
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I tried the Harley Hidden antenna. It sucked and couldn't pickup a station if I rode by it. The J&M sucked less. Would pick up some of the stations. Any hidden antenna is not going to perform like the whip. Keep in mind that a lot depends on your location and the quality of signals in your area. I ended up getting the Sirius/XM module and that antenna is not the best either. It will lose signal if you ride next to some trees. The majority of the time, I listen to a USB stick or Sirius/XM when I get tired of the stick.
Now there are some people using a shorty antenna with good luck but I just got tired of buying sucky antennas and don't even use FM.

Old 01-29-2015, 06:48 PM
Stew Pidaso
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail....D=FPA-HCFM14-P

This is the one I am refering to. I tried the boom hidden antenna and am now out of $60. Get good reception with the stock whip, and decent with a short flex from Walmart.

Old 01-29-2015, 07:03 PM
NCBondsman
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Stew Pidaso
http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail....D=FPA-HCFM14-P

This is the one I am refering to. I tried the boom hidden antenna and am now out of $60. Get good reception with the stock whip, and decent with a short flex from Walmart.

That is the one that I have now. If your Boom antenna will pick up your favorite stations half the time, the J&M will pick them up three quarters of the time. My Boom antenna would NOT pick up any stations in my area and the J&M does pick up some of them. I guess I just expected the antennas to pick up the stations like the whip. It sucks riding and changing the channel and all it does is continually scroll not finding anything.

Old 01-29-2015, 07:07 PM
FinalShot
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I tried all of them except the J&M on my 2013 Ultra. I had issues with each of them, HD, China ebay, Pepboys and another from Autozone and then to Biketronics. I tried hard to find one that worked.

What I found out playing around was that the minute I placed under my faring, there went reception. I strapped it down to the pillion seat, all was well. I called BT and they figured it was due to having metallic paint.

Once you remove the whips from the tour pak, what do you do with the studs?

Old 01-29-2015, 07:37 PM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member
Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Stew Pidaso
J&M has a new hidden antenna for '14 up baggers, has anyone installed one on their ride? Does anyone know of a review?
I have both the J&M internal FM and CB antennas. Very happy with both. Reception is even better than with the OEM boom antennas.

Quick Reply: J&M Hidden Antenna for Rushmore : Has anyone tried it yet?