Sponsored by:

Boombox 6.5 Update Problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2015, 10:29 AM
magellan
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boombox 6.5 Update Problems

My bike is a 2015 FLHX\S. When purchased, it did not have the latest software version. I successfully updated to 1.18.3 on the first try.

However, I have not been able to update to 1.19.0. I have attempted to update approximately 10 times over the last 2 days using 2 different computers and different flash drives. Only 3 times was I successful downloading to the computer and then the flash drive. Each of these 3 times, the Boombox 6.5 does not recognize the flash drive when connected to the bike's USB connection, i.e. no prompt.

Any thoughts?

Old 05-29-2015, 10:36 AM
Hammz
Grand HDF Member

Received 576 Likes on 417 Posts

Originally Posted by magellan
My bike is a 2015 FLHX\S. When purchased, it did not have the latest software version. I successfully updated to 1.18.3 on the first try.

However, I have not been able to update to 1.19.0. I have attempted to update approximately 10 times over the last 2 days using 2 different computers and different flash drives. Only 3 times was I successful downloading to the computer and then the flash drive. Each of these 3 times, the Boombox 6.5 does not recognize the flash drive when connected to the bike's USB connection, i.e. no prompt.

Any thoughts?
Did you unzip the ISO file & place just the ISO file in the root directory of the flash drive?
Didn't mistakenly download update for 4.3?
Flash drive is FAT32 format?
These would be most common issues with update problems...

Old 05-29-2015, 10:37 AM
Brewmany
Elite HDF Member
Received 657 Likes on 435 Posts

Verify that you unzipped the downloaded file. If you don't do that, the system won't recognize it.

Old 05-29-2015, 10:37 AM
rwven
Road Master
Received 232 Likes on 177 Posts

You can't just copy the downloaded .zip file onto the flash drive and have the bike read it. After you download it open it on your computer and transfer the larger of the two files (the ISO file) in the folder over to the root of the flash drive. Make sure the flash drive is formatted in FAT32 and that the ISO file is in the root of the flash drive, not in a folder.

Old 05-29-2015, 11:24 AM
mazz
Road Master
Received 193 Likes on 116 Posts

you guys scare me i cannot find my azz with both hands on a computer and i went to web site stuck in a flash drive downloaded the update moved the update from download section to flash drive [after i deleted old stuff on drive ] plugged it in to bike after turning ignition on and off it went. i was stunned how simple it worked.

Old 05-29-2015, 01:09 PM
zoozoo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,202 Likes on 7,995 Posts

I have a Mac and I had trouble until someone here said the Boom would not download the folder from your computer it would only download the files in the folder. So go to the 1.19.0 folder on your computer. Open the folder and download the largest file first onto your usb. Once the files are on your usb take it out to your scoot and follow the promps.

Old 05-29-2015, 02:23 PM
magellan
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem Update

Thanks for the info. unzipping may help eventually.

However, I am unable to get the first step done. After the download has been in progress for about 20 minutes, the process crashes. This is on 2 different computers with different versions of windows.

I think I will wait a few days and try again.

Old 05-29-2015, 02:32 PM
Hammz
Grand HDF Member

Received 576 Likes on 417 Posts

However, I am unable to get the first step done. After the download has been in progress for about 20 minutes, the process crashes. This is on 2 different computers with different versions of windows.

Sounds like you have a slow internet access? It does take a while to download, but a flakey internet connection can be painful. Got a buddy with faster/better access that could do the d/l & give you the ISO file on a USB drive?

Old 05-29-2015, 03:07 PM
zoozoo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,202 Likes on 7,995 Posts

At 16Mbps it took me 9 minutes to download from HD site.

Old 05-29-2015, 09:36 PM
Brewmany
Elite HDF Member
Received 657 Likes on 435 Posts

I'm a bit puzzled

Per your first post:
"However, I have not been able to update to 1.19.0. I have attempted to update approximately 10 times over the last 2 days using 2 different computers and different flash drives. Only 3 times was I successful downloading to the computer and then the flash drive. Each of these 3 times, the Boombox 6.5 does not recognize the flash drive when connected to the bike's USB connection, i.e. no prompt."

This makes it sound like you have gotten past step 1 several times.
If you have a copy of one of these downloaded files still on one of your PC's find the file, unzip it, copy to your thumb drive and connect to your Boombox and process the upgrade.

Quick Reply: Boombox 6.5 Update Problems