Sponsored by:

S&S Power Tune Duals with Street Cannons

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2015, 10:52 PM
HogPilot54
Tourer
Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts
Default S&S Power Tune Duals with Street Cannons

Anyone have this combo on their Rushmore? I currently have the Street Cannon's with the stock headers. Getting ready to pull the trigger on the S&S power tune duals headers. Just wondering what the sound difference will be as I plan on keeping the street cannons (for now).

Old 08-05-2015, 06:05 PM
cash64
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I chose the Rinehart 4" Slip On's with the S&S Power Tune Duals. Had it Dyno Tuned with the Direct Link tuner and the results were fantastic. I like the sound of the Street Cannons. Hopefully someone who knows more than me can advise you on S&S w/Street Cannon set up. The key of course is getting your bike tuned on a Dyno machine with a good tuner once you add the headers.

Old 08-05-2015, 09:37 PM
PopsHD
Road Warrior
Received 122 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by HogPilot54
Anyone have this combo on their Rushmore? I currently have the Street Cannon's with the stock headers. Getting ready to pull the trigger on the S&S power tune duals headers. Just wondering what the sound difference will be as I plan on keeping the street cannons (for now).
I had the EXACT setup on my 2014 Limited. The Cannons were on the bike when I purchased it along with the stock header pipe and a SE hi-flow breather. The Cannons sounded really good with the stock header. I then had the S&S Power Tune Duals installed with a Dyno tune and kept the Cannons. The bike did not Dyno for sh**. Worse, the Cannons with the S&S header sounded AWFUL!!! The sound went from a pretty nice low rumble to a very metal sound. I immediately replaced them with Rinehart 4". Now my bike sounds AWESOME and it tuned so much better.

Sound is very subjective. Your experience may be different but I hated the sound of the Cannons with the S&S header. Good luck.

Last edited by PopsHD; 08-05-2015 at 11:09 PM.
Old 08-05-2015, 10:12 PM
HogPilot54
Tourer

Thank you.

Old 08-05-2015, 10:45 PM
MikeyTX
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 197 Likes on 167 Posts

Puddles assessment is spot on. The Street Cannons sound great till things up stream get changed. I speak from experience. Sound went south with the de catted factory head pipe. With the inclusion of the S&S, they sounded like poo poo. Needless to say, they came off very quickly. Hell, the stock mufflers sounded better !

Old 08-06-2015, 06:00 PM
HogPilot54
Tourer

So I guess I'll hold off on the S&S until I can afford some 4" Rhinharts (those suckers aren't cheap!)

Old 08-06-2015, 06:13 PM
crimson13
Elite HDF Member
Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

I have heard the S&S power tune duals with the S&S 4" Race tour mufflers. I will be selling my Dragula 2 for the S&S set up. Sound was good , looks good. Ido about performance 1st hand but the owner says they perform very well on his 14 limited

Old 08-06-2015, 08:52 PM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by HogPilot54
So I guess I'll hold off on the S&S until I can afford some 4" Rhinharts (those suckers aren't cheap!)
Have you read the other SC threads? Seems all that's needed is to place a 2" diameter section of pipe on the end of the baffle to carry the exhaust out past the bolt on tips. Seems the sound does something weird inside the tips when the cat is removed. I'm gonna gut mine shortly and add the extensions. Several guys now, have just removed the tips and said the crappy sound goes away so they added the tip baffle extension and the problem goes away.

Old 08-06-2015, 09:06 PM
HogPilot54
Tourer

Originally Posted by p51bombay
Have you read the other SC threads? Seems all that's needed is to place a 2" diameter section of pipe on the end of the baffle to carry the exhaust out past the bolt on tips. Seems the sound does something weird inside the tips when the cat is removed. I'm gonna gut mine shortly and add the extensions. Several guys now, have just removed the tips and said the crappy sound goes away so they added the tip baffle extension and the problem goes away.

Interesting...

Old 08-10-2015, 05:37 PM
moeo7
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

big city thunder baffles will get them to sound right. I got them for my bike 07 cobra true duals and street cannons. sound great.

Quick Reply: S&S Power Tune Duals with Street Cannons