Sponsored by:

"No Fob"

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2016, 06:41 PM
ChiliPepr
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default "No Fob"

I have a 2014 SGS, I am correctly not able to start the bike without the fob, but if I drive away without the fob, I never get the "no fob" message. If I do stop the bike, I cannot start without entering the PIN.

I have received the message in the past, but try not to forget my keys so do not know when this stopped working. Has anyone else seen this?

Old 04-29-2016, 08:02 PM
Hammz
Grand HDF Member

Received 576 Likes on 417 Posts

Never left my key/fob at home. No clue about a message.

Old 04-29-2016, 08:42 PM
SecondGear
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I don't get any message either but without the fob you need to enter the security code.

My fob is always in my jacket that is on a hook close to where I park my bike. I always grab my jacket but every once in awhile I jump on and forget to grab the fob. I jump on the bike and turn on the ignition and then have to wait through one siren cycle before I can enter the code. If there's an icon or message on the dash, I've not see it.

Old 04-29-2016, 08:56 PM
brokefootkenny
Road Captain
Received 165 Likes on 67 Posts

so if you drive away without the fob or your keys you must not have locked the forks or ignition?????
why would you not lock your bike?????

Old 04-29-2016, 09:11 PM
Kugie's HOG
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by brokefootkenny
so if you drive away without the fob or your keys you must not have locked the forks or ignition?????
why would you not lock your bike?????
Maybe he parks bike in his garage & therefore no need to lock it. That's what I do.

Old 04-29-2016, 09:40 PM
ChiliPepr
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kugie's HOG
Maybe he parks bike in his garage & therefore no need to lock it. That's what I do.

Yes, the bike is locked in the garage. The fob was close enough to start the bike and got half way to work and realized I did not have the key... The bike is supposed to put a "no fob" message if you do that. I will check at the dealer and see what they say.

Old 04-29-2016, 09:42 PM
rog246
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I forgot my pin, how would I retrieve it?

Old 04-29-2016, 09:46 PM
CPT_Carrera
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by ChiliPepr
Yes, the bike is locked in the garage. The fob was close enough to start the bike and got half way to work and realized I did not have the key... The bike is supposed to put a "no fob" message if you do that. I will check at the dealer and see what they say.
I have seen my "no fob" message pop up although the reason for mine was my batteries dying in my fob but, when the message popped up it quickly went away. Don't know if riding away without the key the message stays on but I could see how this could easily be missed if it is only temporary and you were paying attention to the road.

Old 04-29-2016, 09:54 PM
RollaMo
Grand HDF Member
Received 452 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by rog246
Did you not get an owner's manual with your bike?

Do you have a current "active" FOB?

The instructions below will allow you to display the current PIN or change to a new PIN.
But you must have an active FOB first.
If all you want to do is see your current PIN, just follow what is in bold below.
But if you have never changed the PIN since you purchased the bike, I would highly recommend performing the complete PIN change.
You don't want someone else being able to start your bike and ride off.

To Change PIN Number for 2014+ “Rushmore” bikes

1. Select a 5-digit (1 thru 9) PIN and write it down
2. With an assigned fob present, turn the OFF/RUN switch to OFF
3. Turn the ignition switch to IGN
4. Cycle the OFF/RUN switch: RUN - OFF - RUN - OFF - RUN
5. Press left turn signal switch 2 times (ENTER PIN will scroll through the odometer window)
6. Press the right turn signal switch 1 time and release (Turn signals will flash 3 times and Current PIN will appear in odometer. First digit will be flashing)

7. Enter first digit of new PIN by pressing left turn signal switch “a” times (a = 1st digit of new PIN)
8. Press right turn signal switch 1 time and release (New digit “a” will replace the current in odometer window)
9. Enter 2nd digit of new PIN by pressing left turn signal switch “b” times (b = 2nd digit of new PIN)
10. Press right turn signal switch 1 time and release (New digit “b” will replace the current in odometer window)
11. Enter 3rd digit of new PIN by pressing left turn signal switch “c” times (c = 3rd digit of new PIN)
12. Press right turn signal switch 1 time and release (New digit “c” will replace the current in odometer window)
13. Enter 4th digit of new PIN by pressing left turn signal switch “d” times (d = 4th digit of new PIN)
14. Press right turn signal switch 1 time and release (New digit “d” will replace the current in odometer window)
15. Enter 5th digit of new PIN by pressing left turn signal switch “e” times (e= 5th digit of new PIN)
16. Press right turn signal switch 1 time and release (New digit “e” will replace the current in odometer window)
17. Turn the OFF/RUN switch to Off, then turn Ignition key to OFF. (Pushing the OFF/RUN switch to OFF stores the new PIN in the module)

The following users liked this post:
NDRK (05-02-2016)
Old 04-29-2016, 09:58 PM
chopper_man
Stellar HDF Member

Received 1,604 Likes on 954 Posts

Originally Posted by rog246

1. Switch to off
2. Turn the ignition switch on, off, on, off, on (do this pretty quick)
3. Press and let go of the left turn signal switch twice
4. Press and let go the right signal once
5. PIN number will be displayed

The following 3 users liked this post by chopper_man:
Chuck U. Farley (04-30-2016), csederlund (04-30-2016), hbsoldier3 (04-29-2016)

Quick Reply: "No Fob"