Sponsored by:

Call H-D on upgrade problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 10:41 AM
Kugie's HOG
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Call H-D on upgrade problems

I have called H-D customer care twice in the last 2 weeks and sent letters with the new problems that were caused by the new upgrade 1.17.4. Problems include PTT with CB; screen blacking out; prompt mode freezing up at times when trying to make call using voice activation; some voice recognition commands not functioning properly i.e. cancel route prompts sometimes not working on navigation routes and I'm sure there are more problems with voice recognition due to new upgrade.

H-D customer service informed me that the techs are not aware of any problems with new upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems please call them and then follow-up with a letter because the more complaints they get maybe we can get these things fixed.

Thanks for listening and hopefully you guys with any problems due to new upgrade will take the time to notify H-D customer care.

Old 02-25-2014, 01:36 PM
Wayne Carlton
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is the phone number and or addy

Old 02-25-2014, 02:03 PM
nchogfan
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

1-800-258-2464 H-D Customer Care

You'll have to go thru a menu of options but it will actually put you thru to a living, breathing person!!

Old 02-25-2014, 02:30 PM
lazye
Cruiser

I called HD 2 weeks ago and told them that after doing the update that mine was not holding the memory after turning the tuner off. The next time I would turn on the ignition it would come on without hitting the power button. Or if I leave the tuner on when turning the ignition off. The next time I turn the ignition on, the system would be off. Customer Service told me it was a Dealer problem and they were the only ones that could contact HD tech support about the issue. Got a call last week from HD asking me to do a survey on how they handled my issue. I did the survey and graded them poor on every question. Then I ask if they could help with my issue. They said no, they only do surveys. WTF?

Old 02-25-2014, 03:03 PM
NiteOwlNY
Tourer

I just called about the PTT button... The woman who answered said she was familiar with this and will make sure (hopefully) the comments make their way up the line.

Hopefully if we complain enough they come up with solutions here...

Old 02-25-2014, 03:57 PM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member
Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Kugie's HOG
I have called H-D customer care twice in the last 2 weeks and sent letters with the new problems that were caused by the new upgrade 1.17.4. Problems include PTT with CB; screen blacking out; prompt mode freezing up at times when trying to make call using voice activation; some voice recognition commands not functioning properly i.e. cancel route prompts sometimes not working on navigation routes and I'm sure there are more problems with voice recognition due to new upgrade.

H-D customer service informed me that the techs are not aware of any problems with new upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems please call them and then follow-up with a letter because the more complaints they get maybe we can get these things fixed.

Thanks for listening and hopefully you guys with any problems due to new upgrade will take the time to notify H-D customer care.
I'm sure the "techs" or more importantly the guys working on the software are aware of most of the issues. With most software, they are working on builds several versions out from what the consumer has.

It's the guys answering the phone who are often clueless. I don't know if they are trained to make crap up rather then just admit they don't know, the job attracts that type of personality, or they truly think they know while being clueless.

It's a problem with all industries. It stems from that "we can only get all 10's" mentality your new car sales and service department has. They design these systems so that there is no chance to find problems and improve things.

Old 02-25-2014, 05:09 PM
JCloud
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So is the answer just to not upgrade for now (I have the 6.5 which I updated in December)? Most of my audio stuff (including PTT) is working. The last thing I want to do is screw it up trying to make it better.

Old 02-25-2014, 05:36 PM
tbob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 690 Likes on 465 Posts

Originally Posted by JCloud
So is the answer just to not upgrade for now (I have the 6.5 which I updated in December)? Most of my audio stuff (including PTT) is working. The last thing I want to do is screw it up trying to make it better.
Don't touch it.

Old 02-25-2014, 06:00 PM
Snuffy1
Cruiser

Originally Posted by tbob
Don't touch it.
I'm not touching mine until a new update is available that works properly.

Old 02-25-2014, 06:13 PM
Scott14SG
Tourer

Received 71 Likes on 26 Posts

I updated and now my radio restarts itself more frequently than it did before. I'm hoping an aftermarket radio comes out soon. Calling HD # tomorrow, thanks for posting it!

Quick Reply: Call H-D on upgrade problems