Northeast Pennsylvania | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Laconia - New Changes

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2016, 12:43 PM
puckoach
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Tyler was the biggest attendance, heard to be 3,500. Others, in some case were 10% of that number.

Michaels was reported to be a great show. But, 400 tops.

I heard the $5 part from a number of sources. But, that was prior to Friday morning. As, I never did talk to anyone that went Friday night.

The crowd on Thursday evening on the "strip" was the largest in recent memory, still busy at 11pm.

Friday traffic was backed up earlier that in the past as well.

51 more weeks until next year !

Old 06-20-2016, 01:04 PM
tvon
Tourer
Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

My guess is that this experiment was the first and last. They still have great opportunities for concerts.. The NH bank outdoor pavilion (or whatever its called) is just up the road in Guilford, they had Lynard Skynard play. And Jackyl played the speedway, plus smaller acts at the bars.

Old 06-21-2016, 08:06 AM
puckoach
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Agree with the one and done. Reports are Promoters disappeared mid week. Security collected what they could, to pay them selves. Plus, the police details were not paid to city etc.

I went to Skynrd and Frampton. Great venue, well run, decent value. Best place for bigger acts. Although it appeared "bikers" are not lawn people. Frampton was very good. Skynrd mailed it in.

A lot of good bands played the area "bars" for free. Tiger Lilly, Manchuka, Stillburnin to name a few at the top of their game for the style of music they play.

Old 06-21-2016, 08:41 AM
Architect
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,930 Likes on 2,569 Posts

We were there all week and the Fest definitely seemed to be a cluster F. Not sure who got screwed by who. Saturday Buckcherry, Sunday Sebastain Bach and Monday Fuel where all free to walk in. Anyone that bought tix did not get a refund which obviously did not make people happy. Security at the gate was very tight, full pat down etc. No weapons allowed at all. But once inside no sign of any security.

We went to see Uncle Ted on Friday, for $5 how can you go wrong. Plus inside $3 Coors Banquet beer, which we do not see all that often. Had a great time but the place was starting to fall apart. No weapons but Clubs all over giving each other the stink eye. No security to be seen, it got a little sketchy. Bathrooms where abandoned as well, garbage everywhere. But Uncle Ted kicked *** and we had fun, was happy to get out without any hassles.

No concert on Saturday, so the Roadhouse did the only responsible thing it could, it raised it's cover from $10 to $20!!!! Dicks, plus beers in there are at least $6. No thanks.

Overall we had a great week and the weather was excellent except for Sunday afternoon and Monday. But no rain, except on Saturday on my way up. Bentley's on Thursday was a nice day as well. Good riding everywhere we went.

Old 06-22-2016, 01:57 AM
LQQK_OUT
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,563 Likes on 1,082 Posts

Originally Posted by tvon
I think it was well attended, but the "fest" flopped:

http://www.laconiadailysun.com/newsx...-but-a-whimper
Met some guys at the Pine Hollow Campground that paid $5 for the Nugent concert. They just walked up and were able to get tickets. They said the people that paid $45 were upset.

I noticed less vendors at Laconia HD, Broken Spoke Saloon, and no vendors at the Funspot. Also no vendors (or concerts) by Heat pizza and actually, Heat pizza seems to be no more. Last time I was at Laconia Rally was back in 2013. Not sure if I'll be back. Definitely not worth the $115 for three nights of camping at Pine Hollow.