Pacific California | Nevada | Hawaii | Alaska

Service location recommendations for San Jose/bay area?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2016, 11:59 AM
Boat Racer
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service location recommendations for San Jose/bay area?

I got away from riding for a few years and I'm now back into it with the purchase of a new FLHTK touring bike last fall. I bought it from House of Thunder in Morgan Hill and had them do the first 1K service. The bike will need the 5K service soon and I'm wondering who in the area is the "go to" place that can be trusted to do a good job for service. Any recommendations...........one way or the other?

Old 05-29-2016, 09:37 PM
99light
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Interested in this as well. I do all my basic maintenance items, but since im new to the West Coast id like to know who to take it too for larger issues.

Old 05-30-2016, 03:36 AM
HD_fan
Road Warrior
Received 589 Likes on 358 Posts

I'm in for the same reasons. House of Thunder is where I bought my Rushmore RG...great place to shop for HD bikes or anything else like parts and accessories but I'm not trying to pay for dealer service cost.

Old 06-18-2016, 10:52 PM
edcologne
Intermediate
Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Boat Racer
I got away from riding for a few years and I'm now back into it with the purchase of a new FLHTK touring bike last fall. I bought it from House of Thunder in Morgan Hill and had them do the first 1K service. The bike will need the 5K service soon and I'm wondering who in the area is the "go to" place that can be trusted to do a good job for service. Any recommendations...........one way or the other?

can't give you a good answer, but I doubt that there is much that any HD dealer like HoT could do wrong on a rather new bike which is probably still under warranty anyway and its close to you.

I had a few minor services done at SJ HD, neither especially good or bad, just went there as it is fairly close to me.

bought my bike at Santa Cruz HD and was happy with their sales and service but they went out of biz many years ago.

I guess if we would want real good service we have to get Abel into the HD business

enjoy the rumble in Hollister in 2 weeks

Old 06-19-2016, 09:03 PM
Boat Racer
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by edcologne
can't give you a good answer, but I doubt that there is much that any HD dealer like HoT could do wrong on a rather new bike which is probably still under warranty anyway and its close to you.

I had a few minor services done at SJ HD, neither especially good or bad, just went there as it is fairly close to me.

bought my bike at Santa Cruz HD and was happy with their sales and service but they went out of biz many years ago.

I guess if we would want real good service we have to get Abel into the HD business

enjoy the rumble in Hollister in 2 weeks
Hey Ed,
Yeah, that may be the best option about getting Abel into the HD service business. I will talk to Richie about that when I see him the next time.

Old 06-28-2016, 10:27 AM
panz4ever
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,222 Likes on 1,483 Posts

There have only been 2 people that have ever touched my pans or my shovel. One was an original wrench at Sam Arenas HD (used to be the San Jose dealer) in the 70s and the other is Roger at RE Engineering (been using him for at least 15 years now and his business is also in San Jose). I only take him bare motors, but he and his assistant Billy always have a shop full of modern bikes that are being serviced or have engine mods (and the associated work) being done to them.

There is also a place in Campbell call Slabside. Come across folks that swear by them as well. They have good Yelp reviews. I have never used them however.

Last edited by panz4ever; 06-28-2016 at 10:36 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by panz4ever:
Boat Racer (06-28-2016), HD_fan (06-28-2016)
Old 09-25-2019, 03:37 AM
elPrez
Stellar HDF Member
Received 449 Likes on 314 Posts

https://www.chesapeakehd.com/
No personal experience but have heard nothing but good things since Pete bought the place.

Old 09-25-2019, 07:11 AM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor
Received 1,629 Likes on 1,177 Posts

Only 2,878 miles away

__________________________________________________ ____
For ROCKOUT information & purchasing please click HERE For all Twin Cams and Evo Big Twins & Sportsters

Also on amazon.com...
Imitated, never equaled... ROCKOUTS!

Old 09-25-2019, 02:02 PM
elPrez
Stellar HDF Member
Received 449 Likes on 314 Posts

What the hell, I swear I responded to someone asking for a dealer within 2 hrs of DC!

Here:https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...ip-wanted.html

Last edited by elPrez; 09-25-2019 at 02:09 PM.
Old 09-25-2019, 02:32 PM
hog95023
Elite HDF Member
Received 161 Likes on 106 Posts

Lol^^^^

Quick Reply: Service location recommendations for San Jose/bay area?