Primary/Transmission/Driveline/Clutch Find answers to general powertrain, primary and transmission. Have clutch issues and need suggestions? Post them here.

Broke Bleeder Screw Hydraulic Clutch

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 07:34 PM
Potato_Potato
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Broke Bleeder Screw Hydraulic Clutch

I broke the bleeder screw off of my SE Hydraulic Clutch cover - It gets worse - I broke a screw extractor off in the bleeder valve. I took the cover off the bike thinking that I might be able to turn it from the inside but I don't see how you get inside the master cylinder slave. Is there a rebuild kit for these? If so they must come apart. Does anybody know if it comes apart and if it does would the bleeder screw stick out enough to gently turn it from the inside?

It is the Screamin' Eagle Hydraulic Side Cover Release Kit for 6-Speed Transmission part # 38753-04A.

Old 11-28-2006, 12:08 AM
toolbox
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Broke Bleeder Screw Hydraulic Clutch

Been in those shoes......The thing that did it for me was HEAT. A torch, heat the broken bleeder then try removing it while holding it in a vice. Of course Im not there & you may not have much to grab--I would reccommed a GOOD pair of Vice grips & dont overheat the area--the torch wont damage your chrome, that is if you dont use it too long. (DONT need to make it glow if ya know what I mean) I used a propane handheld style. GOODLUCK--Its been awhile but from what I remember it is not accesable from inside. --run a tap/thread chaser threw it prior to installng new bleeder. Agian I say good luck,
TOOLBOX

Old 11-28-2006, 02:23 AM
wlbowers
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 97 Likes on 40 Posts
Default RE: Broke Bleeder Screw Hydraulic Clutch

ORIGINAL: tpmurray

I broke the bleeder screw off of my SE Hydraulic Clutch cover - It gets worse - I broke a screw extractor off in the bleeder valve. I took the cover off the bike thinking that I might be able to turn it from the inside but I don't see how you get inside the master cylinder slave. Is there a rebuild kit for these? If so they must come apart. Does anybody know if it comes apart and if it does would the bleeder screw stick out enough to gently turn it from the inside?

It is the Screamin' Eagle Hydraulic Side Cover Release Kit for 6-Speed Transmission part # 38753-04A.

Take a dremal tool with a grind rock burr. Carefully flatten the whole mess. Use a new carbide masonary bit to drill it out.

Drill press and vice are necessary. Go slow and use oil or tapping fluid.