Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Tech & Mechanical Forum > Primary/Transmission/Driveline/Clutch
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Primary/Transmission/Driveline/Clutch Find answers to general powertrain, primary and transmission. Have clutch issues and need suggestions? Post them here.
Sponsored by: Baker Drivetrain

P

Old 04-29-2012, 08:41 AM
Road Master
Default Need Help on a Clutch issue

2007 FXD 16,000 miles on her . The first time i ever adjusted the clutch from the primary . I all ways did it from the cable the adjusting So now here i my issue when the bike first starts off everything is fine it shift fine it goes in an out of gear fine . But once it gets HOT like if iam in traffic the bike freaks out . My clutch goes away like I did not have any hard to shift up or down hard to get out of gear When it cools down if is fine HELP it is driven me crazy

Phil
Old 04-30-2012, 01:40 PM
Road Master

I would start over. Take out the adjustment in the cable, make it loose. Then readjust the clutch itself. Adjusting the cable last. Also check the primary chain it too needs adjusted.
Old 04-30-2012, 04:21 PM
Ultimate HDF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc ock View Post
I would start over. Take out the adjustment in the cable, make it loose. Then readjust the clutch itself. Adjusting the cable last. Also check the primary chain it too needs adjusted.
Correct, sounds like maybe he missed a step or did something out of sequence. He's got an 07 so it has auto primary chain adjust.
Old 04-30-2012, 04:21 PM

P