Primary/Transmission/Driveline/Clutch Find answers to general powertrain, primary and transmission. Have clutch issues and need suggestions? Post them here.

SE Compensator & Hayden Tensioner Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 08:12 PM
shaker
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SE Compensator & Hayden Tensioner Replacement

Replaced both the old compensator to the SE Compensator and updated the tensioner to the Hayden M6 this weekend.The job went a lot smoother than I thought it might. If your on the fence about doing this job I wouldn't hesitate on tackling it. Rode it today a little and it is quieter than it was with the stock tensioner. I have read on this forum about a high whine that is heard after installing a Hayden tensioner but I can't hear any whine and it is really quiet. So far I'm extremely satisfied. It's always satisfying to me to do it myself instead of padding the pocket of the dealer. On another note when I bought the compensator from the dealer i decided to use HD Formula + so I had two quarts of it and the parts guy asked me why I had two instead of one because the primary only requires one quart. Well I told him point blank I was removing the primary cover to replace the compensator and he still said all you need is one. That is why I enjoy doing everything I can myself. Even thou he was just a parts guy he should be knowledgeable enough to recommend the 45 ounces to add to the primary or not say anything if he doesn't have his facts right. Anyone else who puts their total trust into what the dealer is recommending can get burned in the end.