Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Wisconsin

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 07:47 AM
scumBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by smitty901
If you ever get the chance ride the Western side of the State. I live in what is called the south east part and it is a great ride but the west hands down beats it
I might have to disagree here....been west in most the states and over passes yes very georgous states but southern mn, western wi and northeastern Ia is some the riding ever......lakes,farm land,hills country,valley,rivers,small towns the entire package....

Old 09-29-2014, 08:18 AM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,515 Likes on 6,271 Posts

Originally Posted by scumBAGGER
I might have to disagree here....been west in most the states and over passes yes very georgous states but southern mn, western wi and northeastern Ia is some the riding ever......lakes,farm land,hills country,valley,rivers,small towns the entire package....
Actually you just agreed with him. One thing I like about Wisconsin is the varied terrain. The rolling hills in the SW are gorgeous, but the long sweepers and gentle curves in the middle of the state are nice, like Hwy 73, 188, the twisties in the NE are nice(Hwy 55, Memominee Cty). I even enjoy the flatlands, once in a while, where you don't have to worry about deer. You can find nice roads, with light traffic almost everywhere.

And you are always going to see a Harley wherever you go.

Old 09-29-2014, 12:55 PM
Road-Rash
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree, there's great riding all over this state. My wife and I just came back from a quick 75 mile ride in the Northern Kettle Moraine area in east central Wisconsin. What a great ride especially as the colors are turning.

Old 09-30-2014, 07:39 AM
scumBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron750
Actually you just agreed with him. One thing I like about Wisconsin is the varied terrain. The rolling hills in the SW are gorgeous, but the long sweepers and gentle curves in the middle of the state are nice, like Hwy 73, 188, the twisties in the NE are nice(Hwy 55, Memominee Cty). I even enjoy the flatlands, once in a while, where you don't have to worry about deer. You can find nice roads, with light traffic almost everywhere.

And you are always going to see a Harley wherever you go.
hahah I did....I read that wrong yesterday...must been a coffee thing.....

Old 10-09-2014, 02:21 PM
WaucondaRider
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We just did a 650 mile loop from NW Illinois up through the Nicolet National Forest and back down through the Dell to home. Absolutely gorgeous fall colors. The pictures don't do it justice!!!

Old 10-09-2014, 06:07 PM
wwiiavfan
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,108 Likes on 490 Posts

Those are the kind of pics that make you smile, help get you through the "polar vortex".

Old 10-11-2014, 06:07 PM
GeneseeGap
Road Master
Received 78 Likes on 39 Posts

Why do I live in Texas? Just nothing like that here!

I have been to Mn. and into Wi. just north of Chicago and want to see more of those states!

Cant wait and planning a trip after the snow.

Enjoy your fantastic states! Im jealous...

(I know my profile says NW Colorado but im back in my main home...Houston...home to massive fatal accidents/traffic jams..and no fall foliage)

Old 10-11-2014, 06:09 PM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,515 Likes on 6,271 Posts

Originally Posted by GeneseeGap
Why do I live in Texas? Just nothing like that here!

I have been to Mn. and into Wi. just north of Chicago and want to see more of those states!

Cant wait and planning a trip after the snow.

Enjoy your fantastic states! Im jealous...

(I know my profile says NW Colorado but im back in my main home...Houston...home to massive fatal accidents/traffic jams..and no fall foliage)
If you want to make sure to avoid snow come between Memorial Day and Labor Day.

Old 10-11-2014, 07:24 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 9,616 Likes on 5,177 Posts

Originally Posted by scumBAGGER
What I meant was the Western side of Wisconsin is a great ride compared to the eastern side.

Wife and I did a quick 300 miles today to see the colors it started out a bit cool at 35 degrees but was a great ride.

Old 10-11-2014, 07:42 PM
wwiiavfan
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,108 Likes on 490 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron750
If you want to make sure to avoid snow come between Memorial Day and Labor Day.

Geez Ron, don't scare the guy off!
Plenty of good riding outside those dates. Had a short ride in the Kettles today, the fall colors are just about past peak, but still just gorgeous!
If you get out this way, one of our fav stops is in Armstrong, WI, at Armstrong Apple Orchard. Just about any type of apples and apple wine you can think of. They're only open for another few weeks, though.

Quick Reply: Wisconsin