Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.
View Poll Results: What is "Going To The Sun Road" made of?
HARD TOP (Like major US highways).
95.00%
Hard Pack
5.00%
Dirt
0%
Sand
0%
Other
0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Going To The Sun Road - Question.

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 08:00 AM
BuzzCap7
Received 18,341 Likes on 10,703 Posts
Default Hmm, this is good.

You know guys, I just finished reading the latest of the replies and realized all responses were "spot on" to my question.

Quite a few PIX's too which means extra time was taken to upload them for my/others benefits.

Not 1, not 1 dumb *** derogatory comment which I APPRECIATE. I say that bcs I stopped coming to HD Forums for a long time bcs u ask a question or respond to a question intelligently and someone with a low self image has to crap on you or somehow make fun of you (so they feel btr abt themselves).

It is a breath of fresh air to see none of that happened above. Maybe the moderators are finally doing their job. Whatever it is, it is appreciated and I am re-thinking about coming back to this forum regularly.

Hat's off to you ALL! And thank you again for VERY good and MOST helpful input. I am now re-routing myself there the summer of 2015.

BuzzCap7

Old 10-23-2014, 08:39 AM
scumBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by BuzzCap7
You know guys, I just finished reading the latest of the replies and realized all responses were "spot on" to my question.

Quite a few PIX's too which means extra time was taken to upload them for my/others benefits.

Not 1, not 1 dumb *** derogatory comment which I APPRECIATE. I say that bcs I stopped coming to HD Forums for a long time bcs u ask a question or respond to a question intelligently and someone with a low self image has to crap on you or somehow make fun of you (so they feel btr abt themselves).

It is a breath of fresh air to see none of that happened above. Maybe the moderators are finally doing their job. Whatever it is, it is appreciated and I am re-thinking about coming back to this forum regularly.

Hat's off to you ALL! And thank you again for VERY good and MOST helpful input. I am now re-routing myself there the summer of 2015.

BuzzCap7

I was about done here to because of the same issues.....but then i remember the great road trip stories here and the great info I get on places I travel too, with guys like Nevada who share the stories and places he travels too it really makes weeding thru all the crap worth it...I try and remember when I am not in the road trips area that the general area of forum are full of over opinionated non-riding know everything tell you how to live people......the people that get out and enjoy what the Country has to offer are little more laid back and live and let live.....

Old 10-23-2014, 10:20 AM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Received 9,039 Likes on 3,711 Posts

Here's a video of part of the ride on Going to the Sun. Used a Midland XTC300 camera on the helmet.

Old 10-23-2014, 11:12 AM
Imold
another old guy

Received 4,616 Likes on 2,727 Posts

Originally Posted by BuzzCap7
You know guys....
I just ignore the bull and enjoy the camaraderie, photos, and lots of helpful hints on this forum. Most of my life is behind me, and I don't want to waste what's left with bs. Lot of beauty in this world, and none of us will live long enough to see it all; why waste time with ugly.

Izzo - I spent a lot of time admiring the view from many of those wide spots you motored on by. Hope you spent a little time looking at the view. I so want to get back up there some day.

Old 10-23-2014, 03:14 PM
Nellybelle
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been on this forum for about 8 years. The smart *** comments come and go. Sometimes everyone is nice, polite and understanding that you ask because you don't know the answer. Other times its not so nice and DA's tend to interject their opinions as condescending gospel. Anyway I been over the road back in 2004 in a car. Wish I had my motorcycle with me but didn't. It is an amazing ride.

Last edited by Nellybelle; 10-24-2014 at 07:55 PM.
Old 10-24-2014, 09:45 AM
road king Q
Road Master
Received 196 Likes on 141 Posts

Been to Nwest twice. Didn't work in GNP either trip.... wish I had. The more I hear and see pics.... I should have said... we're going!

Old 10-24-2014, 06:54 PM
BuzzCap7
Received 18,341 Likes on 10,703 Posts

EXCEELNT Video Izzo. Thank you!!