Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Ride Planner Issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2017, 06:11 PM
Waterman1
Cruiser
Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by thirt8spl
I've got the same issue - Tried multiple computers, made sure all updates were done. Got in once for an hour in the last 3 days. ARGH! I like the features but the website sucks!
It took about 10 days and I was finally able to get on. Really don't know what the issue was. I haven't had any issues since.

Old 03-15-2017, 12:10 PM
slhanks4
Road Warrior
Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

They all do that!

The following users liked this post:
Waterman1 (03-15-2017)
Old 03-18-2017, 03:47 PM
gtmalone
Tourer
Received 187 Likes on 119 Posts

More info: Firefox 52.0.1 has the problem. IE11 and Edge are working. Don't know about any other browsers.

I sent an email to a contact I found at HD. They have been pretty responsive in the past. Stay tuned.

Old 03-19-2017, 03:29 PM
gtmalone
Tourer

Heard from HD. They are working on the Firefox problem.

Old 03-19-2017, 08:12 PM
im
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 792 Likes on 603 Posts

Just a few pointers to keep in mind if you are using it to create a route for a GPS.
Your GPS only looks for a beginning point and ending point and GPS will re-calculate any created route to how GPS logic wants instead of what you created unless you use waypoints in rideplanner.
Use waypoints in ride planner to twist the arm of the GPS to keep your created route.
When adding waypoints make sure to use maximum zoom to keep waypoint on the road instead of half a mile into the trees.
Divide trips into manageable segments..point a to b, b to c, c to d.
note: Hitting return to come home will not follow your waypoints..you must design a return.
Important : Compare route inside GPS against ride planner to make sure the entire trip looks exactly how it was created.
Just a few tips to help avoid frustration.

Old 03-20-2017, 08:58 AM
Waterman1
Cruiser

Originally Posted by gtmalone
More info: Firefox 52.0.1 has the problem. IE11 and Edge are working. Don't know about any other browsers.

I sent an email to a contact I found at HD. They have been pretty responsive in the past. Stay tuned.
I use Chrome almost exclusively. No problems once I was able to log in.

Old 03-20-2017, 08:59 AM
Waterman1
Cruiser

Originally Posted by im
Just a few pointers to keep in mind if you are using it to create a route for a GPS.
Your GPS only looks for a beginning point and ending point and GPS will re-calculate any created route to how GPS logic wants instead of what you created unless you use waypoints in rideplanner.
Use waypoints in ride planner to twist the arm of the GPS to keep your created route.
When adding waypoints make sure to use maximum zoom to keep waypoint on the road instead of half a mile into the trees.
Divide trips into manageable segments..point a to b, b to c, c to d.
note: Hitting return to come home will not follow your waypoints..you must design a return.
Important : Compare route inside GPS against ride planner to make sure the entire trip looks exactly how it was created.
Just a few tips to help avoid frustration.
I figured that out fast with the HD RidePlanner. It is quirky but so far so good on making a couple of route maps.

Old 03-20-2017, 09:55 AM
gtmalone
Tourer

HD guy said the fix will go in Tue but it's been working in Firefox the past couple of days.

Old 03-20-2017, 06:50 PM
Candubrain
Road Captain
Received 152 Likes on 79 Posts

I've been stumbling along with the HD Ride Planner since 2014. It continues to be the more unresponsive, slow and clumsy route planner I've ever used.

A route that I had divided over 10 days took me almost 3 yrs to create and save.
I duplicated the trip using the same methods on Motorcycle Route Planner and it took just over an hour.
https://www.motogoloco.com/map/

Garmin base camp performance wise is between these two.

Old 03-22-2017, 11:17 AM
thirt8spl
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I still continue to beat my head against the wall by trying to use Ride Planner. Multiple computers, different browsers and clearing all cache, etc. I called Corp H.O.G. and got Pierre on the phone - he knew exactly what I was talking about before I finished telling him my issues. He said "is this where you log in and it keeps coming back to being a Guest". He said the are "well aware" of the issue, put me on hold to get an update and came back and told me they hoped to have it resolved by the end of the week. I'm not sure he was talking about this week - LOL

Quick Reply: Ride Planner Issue