Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Kansas City to Surgis?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 12:39 PM
pezdude2
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kansas City to Surgis?

Looking for group or individual to ride from the Kansas City area to Sturgis this August. I have my own bike, accomodations, etc. Just looking to tag along with a group or ride with someone else from this area that is going. Leaving Saturday Aug. 3rd.

Thanks

Please email pezdude2@yahoo.com

Old 06-17-2013, 07:26 PM
kerrycorcoran
Tourer

I'll be heading to Sturgis, SD, unfortunately I will not be taking off until Wednesday Aug 7 around noon. Plan to get there Wednesday evening and return Saturday or Sunday. I live in Lincoln, NE and you're more than welcome to ride along with me if it fits your schedule.

Later,
Kerry

Old 06-17-2013, 09:35 PM
Jonesee
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 53 Posts

I made the run from Florida to Sturgis and went through KC because it is my hometown.

I don't know what route you are taking but I suggest going north out of Salina and running a route (hiway 83 i think) through Merna Nebraska and the sand hills up to South Dakota.

I've covered a lot of miles on a bike and that stretch of highway is one of the most memorable. Totally took me by surprise and totally beautiful.

I made a note to myself to go back and ride through there again.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by Jonesee; 06-18-2013 at 11:03 AM.
Old 06-18-2013, 04:50 PM
Eagle Custom
Tourer

Me and a buddy are headed to Sturgis from Columbia Mo. planning on heading out bright and early Sat morning Aug 3 (not sure of the route we are taking yet) but if you would like to meetup and tag along I'm sure it can be arranged.

Old 06-19-2013, 09:00 AM
thirt8spl
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

If you are coming from the south and traveling through Sioux City on I-29, beware as you go through due to major road construction. Follow the posted speed limits as they have speed cameras set up in the construction areas and the fine is pretty steep. Taxation without representation....!

Old 07-09-2013, 06:02 PM
pezdude2
5th Gear
Default lets try to schedule a ride to Sturgis

Originally Posted by Eagle Custom
Me and a buddy are headed to Sturgis from Columbia Mo. planning on heading out bright and early Sat morning Aug 3 (not sure of the route we are taking yet) but if you would like to meetup and tag along I'm sure it can be arranged.

Hi Shawn,

Would like to talk with you about the ride to Sturgis. My name is Shawn Peterson, I actually posted this message to help my Dad, John find someone or a group to ride with. I've moved to the East Coast and can't make the ride this time. He is not too good with the computer so I'm trying to help him hook up with a group so he's not riding alone.

He is also leaving the morning of the 3rd. He lives in Blue Springs which is about 90 minutes or so across I-70 heading toward K.C. Blue Springs is actually where the next Harley dealership is located. Dad is asking if your guys can meeet him at the Waffle House right off the hi way to continue on to Sturgis.

My cell number is 203-752-6069 but you can contact him direct at either 816- 809-5147 or johnppeterson1988@gmail.com

This will be his 3rd trip in the last 5 years, he's now 72 and hell bent ongoing no matter what. I just worrry about him going that far alone.

Thanks for your reply. Safe travels!

Old 07-09-2013, 06:12 PM
camsmith
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

My group of two will be through there but later in the day on the 3rd. We will have 1,000 of the 1,680 miles one-way behind us when we hit KC. We are leaving middle Georgia on the morning of the 2nd. 12 days and no real schedule.

Old 07-10-2013, 10:36 AM
mtowner
Tourer

We are leaving East Tennessee on the 3rd spending the night in St. Louis and the next night in Mitchell, SD.

Old 07-10-2013, 11:37 AM
camsmith
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mtowner
We are leaving East Tennessee on the 3rd spending the night in St. Louis and the next night in Mitchell, SD.
That's cool. We'll be stayin in Mitchell Sunday night as well...

Old 07-10-2013, 05:02 PM
mtowner
Tourer

Originally Posted by camsmith
That's cool. We'll be stayin in Mitchell Sunday night as well...
We are staying at the Best Western in Mitchell.

Quick Reply: Kansas City to Surgis?