Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Arkansas bucket list

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 08:02 AM
corliss@bakerdrivetrain.com
Banned
Received 1,856 Likes on 1,287 Posts

Do not eat the deep fried burritos from any gas station near Little rock. Fuggin horrible.

Old 01-14-2014, 08:07 AM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 882 Likes on 439 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark@ Baker Drivetrain
Do not eat the deep fried burritos from any gas station near Little rock. Fuggin horrible.
Probably just as good as gas station sushi.

Old 01-14-2014, 09:33 AM
Puggy
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look up the Moonshine Run from Hwy 7. Goes through Mt Judea and back through Boxley Valley. Stop there in the evening to watch the elk in the pastures. ES is area has great roads no matter where you ride from there.

Old 01-14-2014, 09:39 AM
ZUTEDUFF
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

where in S texas are you leaving from?

Old 01-14-2014, 11:34 AM
mike5511
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

All good suggestions. You can google Harrison motorcycle rides or something like that and get maps of different rides, The Moonshine being one of them. We are not the Rockies or the Smokies, but we are the next best thing for the folks living in fly-over country IMHO. (Yes I'm prejudiced and yes I'm going back to CO this year )

Old 01-14-2014, 12:09 PM
FinallyRiding
Tourer
Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

We go to Eureka Springs several times a year, great riding in that area. Great places to hang out good restuarants friendly area.

Old 01-14-2014, 04:47 PM
SilverEagle50
Road Captain
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

The question is: How long are you staying in the area???

Lots of good suggestions here already, here is my suggestion.

1. Come up to Oklahoma. Make your first stop in Broken Bow/Hochatown, Ok. Check out the lake, cabins and make sure to stop at Girls Gone Wine (winery). Across the highway is Grateful Head Pizza, awesome pizza.
2. Continue on to Talihina, Ok. and then take the Talimena Drive over to Mena, AR. (awesome little ride) Altitude is higher and in June, the lower temperature will be welcomed.
3. Next stop would be Hot Springs, Ar. Plenty to do and an awesome MC town. Lots of bikes in the area every weekend. (went there Sunday for a day ride) If I'm not mistaken, the HOG State Rally is there every June.
4. From Hot Springs, take Hwy 7 North. Take a detour and stop and see Mt. Magazine. Very nice lodge at the top of that "Highest Elevation Spot in Ark". We were getting our jackets out going up there last July.
5. From there head on to the Eureka Springs area. Lots and lots of riding in and around that area. You can make ES a hub and leave there every morning for 3 or 4 days and ride all you want and nearly take the same road twice.
6. Several have mentioned the Harrison area. Haven't really scouted that area out much yet, but I know there is plenty of riding in that area as well. And it is within easy riding from ES.

Hope you enjoy your trip.

The following users liked this post:
MajorKG (04-13-2019)
Old 01-14-2014, 07:57 PM
bkgabby
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ZUTEDUFF
where in S texas are you leaving from?
We will be heading out from Corpus Christi. Thanks for all the great replies, I'll be looking into those suggestions.

Old 01-15-2014, 12:49 AM
mike5511
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

The Hub restaurant and motel sets between Harrison and Jasper on Hwy 7. A lot of folks "headquarter" there. You are right in the heart of the best riding area. People like Eureka Springs because there are "night spots" and several good restaurants. Depends on what you are looking for I guess. Good info below. One of the links below has the routes you need to choose from. PM me if you have any questions and I'll try to answer them. (this is home territory for me.)

http://www.harrisonarkansas.org/c_upe_view.php?id=34

http://www.arkansas.com/outdoors/motorcycling/

Old 01-15-2014, 04:22 AM
tphillips
Road Warrior
Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Contact Harrison and Eureka Springs chambers of commerce. They have maps with several day trips for bikers and things to do /see along the way. Very biker friendly.
EDIT: the links immediately above provide you what you would get from them - but I hadn't read all responses to see that this info was provided.
My favorite road is State Road 123 that goes through Mt Judea. Great combo of hills, turns, and scenery.

Last edited by tphillips; 01-15-2014 at 04:32 AM.

Quick Reply: Arkansas bucket list