Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Chicago to Glacier National Park

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 10:46 PM
Moto Mike
Road Warrior
Received 122 Likes on 116 Posts

Great ride report, love the Beartooth (4 times) and Go'in to the Sun road's, but you asked if there is anything better, and I believe the San Juan loop above Durango Co. is the BEST RIDE IN AMERICA (includes The Million Dollar Highway) Better Scenery, more color, 5 Mt. Passes and a longer ride. Should include that road in your trip out west!

Old 03-19-2014, 10:51 PM
TwinCooled
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Moto Mike
Great ride report, love the Beartooth (4 times) and Go'in to the Sun road's, but you asked if there is anything better, and I believe the San Juan loop above Durango Co. is the BEST RIDE IN AMERICA (includes The Million Dollar Highway) Better Scenery, more color, 5 Mt. Passes and a longer ride. Should include that road in your trip out west!

Old 03-23-2014, 10:16 PM
Mcdave
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just finished your entire post, couldn't stop reading and LOVED the pics.
I have lived in Montana for the last 20yrs. and absolutely love it. This is the place where I will live and die. I have done all of those roads and looking at your pics. reminded me just how lucky we are to live in paradise.
We have had a LONG, COLD winter, but it is almost over and we are all chomping at the bit to get out and ride.
Thank you so much for your fantastic report, it was just what I was needing this snowy Sunday evening.
If you ever get back this way please contact me so we can get together for a aldult beverage and a ride. I know some good places to kick up yer boots.
Again, Thank you!

Old 03-26-2014, 12:58 AM
Hoser54
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mcdave
Just finished your entire post, couldn't stop reading and LOVED the pics.
I have lived in Montana for the last 20yrs. and absolutely love it. This is the place where I will live and die. I have done all of those roads and looking at your pics. reminded me just how lucky we are to live in paradise.
We have had a LONG, COLD winter, but it is almost over and we are all chomping at the bit to get out and ride.
Thank you so much for your fantastic report, it was just what I was needing this snowy Sunday evening.
If you ever get back this way please contact me so we can get together for a aldult beverage and a ride. I know some good places to kick up yer boots.
Again, Thank you!
Thanks for the kind words. I am with you, this winter has been way to long and cold. You are lucky to be living in Montana. I always wanted to go there and I was not disappointed as it was more specular then I had imagined. This is a trip that I highly recommend. There is a good chance that I will go back this summer and if so I'll look you up, thanks.

Old 03-26-2014, 12:19 PM
Mcdave
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 12-28-2014, 05:20 PM
Joe Mc
Banned
Received 230 Likes on 117 Posts

Nice job Mike. A good time made better by having a good riding partner. I have one also and it makes all the difference.
"Pictures speak louder than words" and you had a lot of great ones.
I picked up a few good tips for my upcoming ride. Thanks.

Old 12-29-2014, 12:44 AM
Hoser54
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Joe!!

Old 12-29-2014, 08:40 AM
rjheff
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Great write up and photo's. Enjoyed it. Someday...

Old 01-01-2015, 09:47 AM
marvincbr
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Excellent post and pictures!! I just did a ride similar to yours this past July with a couple of friends. Your pictures brought back great memories of some of the most awesome scenery. We made stops in Deadwood, Sturgis, out to Mt Rushmore, Devils tower and a lot of the same locations on your trip. We went through Yellowstone, down to Jackson through the Tetons, back up through Yellowstone out the north east corner up through Beartooth Pass. Some of the most awesome views I've seen. Great seeing your pictures!! Makes me want to go back through my photos now. I will second the other post as far as another fantastic ride is the Million dollar highway. Got to ride that fantastic stretch of road on our trip out to Las Vegas in 2013. It is a definite must ride.

PS. I know exactly what you mean about having the loud pipes out of the group. I'm running a Drago's 2:1 that is fairly loud. I was mostly at the back of the pack of 4 of us during the day. When we rode at night though, they weren't to fond of the daymaker headlight being in their mirrors and would put me up front....

Last edited by marvincbr; 01-01-2015 at 09:51 AM.
Old 02-07-2016, 02:34 PM
Papa G
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 312 Likes on 302 Posts

Awesome pix and adventure thanks for posting!