Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

2015 Masters

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 08:09 AM
ctbarbarian
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 Masters

I'm thinking of going to the 2015 Masters
and riding the RK down from Iowa (900 miles).
Tickets I can find (Stub Hub) but I need suggestions
for lodging within 50 miles of Augusta GA.

Any help?
Thanks

Old 04-18-2014, 05:19 AM
Pine Tree

Received 1,964 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by ctbarbarian
I'm thinking of going to the 2015 Masters
and riding the RK down from Iowa (900 miles).
Tickets I can find (Stub Hub) but I need suggestions
for lodging within 50 miles of Augusta GA.

Any help?
Thanks
I use to live in Atlanta. The last time I went to the Masters was 2012 and my brother and I stayed in Columbia, SC.

If you haven't been to the Masters before, just make sure your tickets are real...lots of "illegal" tickets out there.

Some of the exits off the interstate to Augusta National close throughout the day...traffic backs up early and often.

And, most of the parking is dirt. Some local businesses have paved parking lots but you need to be especially careful there too. It's not unusual to see some guy set up a sign, wave you in, collect your money, then split. Only to come back to the "paid parking" and find your vehicle towed.

Good luck and enjoy!

Old 04-18-2014, 07:50 AM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

read that tickets price were down 50% this year because tiger woods was not playing. golf is best watched at the clubhouse grill and bar after playing 18 holes that morning. if you are not going for the whole week, i would go thursday or friday before the cut, so you could see all the players.

Old 04-18-2014, 06:05 PM
Pine Tree

Originally Posted by dan conner
read that tickets price were down 50% this year because tiger woods was not playing. golf is best watched at the clubhouse grill and bar after playing 18 holes that morning. if you are not going for the whole week, i would go thursday or friday before the cut, so you could see all the players.
Have you ever been to the Masters???

By your comments, I'm going to guess not...

Old 04-18-2014, 07:56 PM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member

have not been to the masters, but i have been to a number of tour events-regular and senior tour. as stated, IF i was not going for the whole tournament, go on thursday or friday before the cut and see all the players. that does not look like an easy course to walk, and it appears that many people stay in one spot all day and watch the field come by...not very interesting to me. i would rather play golf in the morning and sit around in the clubhouse and watch it that afternoon in air-conditioned comfort with a bunch of different camera angles from ALL the holes. hey, be sure and buy a ball marker in the clubhouse...might as well get you one of those pins for your hat too. then you can put it on your vest to show everyone you were there.

Old 04-19-2014, 08:52 AM
Pine Tree

have not been to the masters...
Obtaining Masters tickets is very different then any other. The regular tournament tickets have not been available to the public for many years. One can't even get on a waiting list until they have an "open" enrollment....and that's not expected to happen for several more years.

Once you get on the regular tournament tickets list, you are on the list for life and get tickets each year (or until you violate a Masters rule - then you are removed for life). Many regular ticket recipients will their tickets to others so they never actually become available.

Practice round tickets are via a lottery held the previous year. "Winners" of that lottery are generally notified in the fall...tickets are then sent out about a month before the practice rounds.

There are only a certain number of practice round tickets sold each year. And to the best of my knowledge, they (Augusta National) haven't had "extra tickets" in many decades.

Unless one receives tickets as above, about the only other way is to get tickets from a friend or purchase scalped tickets...and scalped tickets are very difficult to obtain.

Yes, I've been there a few times. The course, while hilly, is not difficult to walk. Snacks, drinks, lunch is very reasonable. Most Masters souvenirs are priced very low too.

Oh, forget about visiting the clubhouse...not open to anyone except members and their guests.

Last edited by Pine Tree; 04-19-2014 at 08:55 AM.
Old 04-19-2014, 08:01 PM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member

DILLIGAF...just another bunch of overpaid athletes playing a game and laughing at all you clowns that think that going to the masters is something special. looked at the ticket prices earlier this year...$2K to watch a bunch of prima donnas hit a golf ball? i doubt if you spent your money on a ticket to that...how did you get in? it takes a rich man or a fool to pay those prices for a ticket. $25 for the short track at daytona and $35 for the mile at springfield. $200 gets you a good seat to see the daytona 500. $65 gets you into the u.s. nationals at indy. the motoGP was under a hundred bucks for a ticket. be sure and get your ball marker and pin for your vest-so someone that gives a chit can pat you on the back.

Old 04-20-2014, 02:13 AM
ultracan
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 154 Likes on 147 Posts

DILLIGAF...just another bunch of overpaid athletes playing a game and laughing at all you clowns that think that going to the masters is something special. looked at the ticket prices earlier this year...$2K to watch a bunch of prima donnas hit a golf ball? i doubt if you spent your money on a ticket to that...how did you get in? it takes a rich man or a fool to pay those prices for a ticket. $25 for the short track at daytona and $35 for the mile at springfield. $200 gets you a good seat to see the daytona 500. $65 gets you into the u.s. nationals at indy. the motoGP was under a hundred bucks for a ticket. be sure and get your ball marker and pin for your vest-so someone that gives a chit can pat you on the back.
If you don't give a chit, why are you even here???

Golf is a game that requires incredible talent (as you obviously don't know) and these guys are out there for a pay cheque like every other athlete. However unlike every other athlete, if they don't finish in the top numbers there is NO pay cheque! If you don't play or make the cut-There is NO pay cheque! There is NO million dollar contracts signed. There are no personal trainers provided for you. If you want one it costs you BIG!!!! There is NO injured reserve for these guys. If you get hurt (good possibilities back, wrist, hell fall down the steps) there is NO paycheque.

You get the picture.

Old 04-20-2014, 07:44 AM
Pine Tree

......it takes a rich man or a fool to pay those prices for a ticket. $25 for the short track at daytona and $35 for the mile at springfield. $200 gets you a good seat to see the daytona 500. $65 gets you into the u.s. nationals at indy. the motoGP was under a hundred bucks for a ticket..
It would appear that a NASCAR fan can be both...

2015 Masters-3um6gqz.jpg

Old 04-20-2014, 07:47 AM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member

been playing golf since 1968...an average of once a week. yes, i understand how hard tickets are to get for the masters...but they are available for anyone that wants to spend the money. indy 500, superbowl, world series, and most other sporting events all have tickets available for anyone willing to pay the price. golf is unique in that it is spread out over 100+ acres. there is no way to see most of the action-all you see is what is happening on the hole you are on. trying to follow your favorite player with the crowds lining every hole is not easy either. golf is best when you are playing your self, if not you will see much more watching it on television than trying to walk around and catch the action live.

i did attend the PGA champiionship when it was in san antonio and also saw the U.S. open at champions in houston many years ago. been to the texas open many times, the houston open a number of times, the byron nelson a couple of times, and used to go to the tour championship when it was held at oak hills in san antonio. i do have enough first hand knowledge to comment on attending and watching golf tournaments. you can do whatever you want, i will play golf in the morning and watch the masters on t.v. in the afternoon...unless someone wants to play an "emergency nine"!

Quick Reply: 2015 Masters