Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Motocamping kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 09:29 AM
9one1
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Motocamping kit

Motocamping gear for 2 riders! Starting clockwise, rubberized North Face duffle size medium, 2 sleeping bags in compression sacks, LL Bean Mountain Light 3 man tent, 2 Helinox camp chairs in the black bags, 2 Big Agnes Air Core sleeping mats, 2 Therm-a-rest pack pillows blue and gray, 2 XL Pack Towels and a small hand size Pack Towel, above that is a zip lock bag with some pre-soaped dish cleaning pads, 2 Kelty 8 foot tall adjustable tarp poles and a Kelty Noah's Tarp 12 foot, Sea to Summit 5 Liter Kitchen sink, Pinacle Dualist cooking kit (cooking pot, 2 bowls and 2 sporks), MSR Pocket Rocket stove (red triangle box), 4 MSR fuel bottles, I High Sierra battery and hand winding lantern and 2 stainless steel cups. This all fits in the bag with the exception of the tarp poles which will be strapped to the outside.

Old 07-01-2014, 09:40 AM
hd_rolling
Supporter

Received 146 Likes on 87 Posts

Close to what we use. For us the stove was just for coffee in the morning so 1 fuel canister was all we needed on our three week road trip and we didn't use half of it.

Are you guys backing to go somewhere, you didn't mention?
We leave in the morning to head up to NH to spend the summer with the family, I just hope it's not as hot as everyone keeps saying its getting!

Old 07-01-2014, 10:16 AM
arrowslinger1980
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where is your rain gear?

Old 07-01-2014, 04:12 PM
9one1
Tourer

Originally Posted by hd_rolling
Close to what we use. For us the stove was just for coffee in the morning so 1 fuel canister was all we needed on our three week road trip and we didn't use half of it.

Are you guys backing to go somewhere, you didn't mention?
We leave in the morning to head up to NH to spend the summer with the family, I just hope it's not as hot as everyone keeps saying its getting!
Funny we are leaving for NC/TN. Skyline, BRP and the other must do's like the Dragon. I was down there last year and it was awesome! I hope that tropical storm won't effect that area or we might go more west and hit Nashville, Mammoth Caves and West Virgina.

93 degrees outside my house right now. It's been a hot few days. I'm near Rochester NH a stones throw from Maine.

What are your weather people saying?

Old 07-01-2014, 04:19 PM
9one1
Tourer

Originally Posted by arrowslinger1980
Where is your rain gear?
In my saddlebag! Never leaves unless I'm wearing it.

Old 07-01-2014, 04:49 PM
Litewings
Tourer
Received 37 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Thank you!

This is what I've been looking for. Newbie motorcycle camper here. Wanted to see what the experienced people pack and what it looks like. Would like to see what that looks like when on the bike for size comparison.

Old 07-01-2014, 06:16 PM
Grandslam
Road Master
Received 309 Likes on 198 Posts

Nice.

Old 07-01-2014, 10:35 PM
hd_rolling
Supporter

Received 146 Likes on 87 Posts

These storms are hit or miss, I normally just go and if it starts to look or sound like its getting bad just adjust or find something more secure for the night. As long as your staying away from the coast you should be fine.

We're heading up to Lancaster NH and Danville VT. My family all live on the Northern VT/NH border and some up closer to the Canadian border. Also plan on camping for a weekend over in Bar Harbor (Bah Hahba)Ma, we we're hoping to get a way from the heat for a couple of weeks!

Old 07-05-2014, 03:37 PM
vulcanater
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow! That's a lot of stuff that fits in that small of a bag. Thanks for sharing. I've been looking for some stuff to get started doing more camping on the bike.

Old 07-05-2014, 06:38 PM
glide2meetu
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

More info on the sleeping bags please. I like the size they compress down to and am doing some research... Thanks!

Quick Reply: Motocamping kit