Rush Racing Products Performance V-Twin Exhaust — Providing the industry's most complete line of slip-on mufflers.

Rush Big Louie Slip Ons turned burnt brown..

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 09:13 AM
xtek95
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Rush Big Louie Slip Ons turned burnt brown..

I put a set of RUSH Chrome Big Louie Slip on mufflers on my 2011 Street Glide with stock header, using 2" baffles. After 200 miles on the bike the right side started turning brown, ruining the chrome finish on the muffler.
Surely this is NOT normal, wondering if this is covered under warranty. I've only had them a couple of months.
Thanks

Old 10-02-2011, 03:42 PM
porterjet
Tourer

Bummer. I would be interested to hear what Rush has to say about warranty since I will be looking seriously at new mufflers next year.

Old 10-03-2011, 01:49 PM
Rush Racing Products
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Because of the catalytic converter in the stock head pipe, a baffle that is too restrictive will cause the muffler to discolor. On all 2010 and newer HD Touring models using the stock head pipe, RUSH recommends using the 2.50” baffle. This larger baffle helps to move some of the excess heat created by the converter. A fuel tuner is not required unless the head pipe is changed out for an aftermarket pipe.

I have sent xtek95 a PM to discuss possible replacement options for the discolored muffler.

-Ryan

Old 10-03-2011, 05:37 PM
xtek95
Advanced
Talking AWESOME Response

Ryan thanks for taking action on this matter, and thanks to RUSH RACING PRODUCTS for taking the issue seriously.
I look forward to getting this issue resolved, and doing business with you guys again in the future.
Again, Thanks !
xtek95

Old 10-22-2011, 01:07 AM
xtek95
Advanced
Default Rush Racing Rocks !

Today i received a replacement muffler with the 2.5 inch baffle, and a matching baffle for the other side. All of this at NO COST TO ME !
My Street Glide sounds awesome now, thanks to Ryan and Rush Racing, and i like to think that the discoloration issue will NOT happen again, i made sure to polish the new muffler clean of any fingerprints before firing it up.
I am extremely happy with how Rush Racing handled this issue, and will
recommend them to my riding buddies.
Thank you Ryan for playing point man on this, and Thank you Rush Racing for putting out a great product.

: )

Old 04-07-2012, 08:08 AM
darincraven
5th Gear

Originally Posted by Rush Racing Products
Because of the catalytic converter in the stock head pipe, a baffle that is too restrictive will cause the muffler to discolor. On all 2010 and newer HD Touring models using the stock head pipe, RUSH recommends using the 2.50” baffle. This larger baffle helps to move some of the excess heat created by the converter. A fuel tuner is not required unless the head pipe is changed out for an aftermarket pipe.

I have sent xtek95 a PM to discuss possible replacement options for the discolored muffler.

-Ryan
Apparently my dealership here in Grand Forks ND never got this Memo. The right side of my brand new pipes on my brand new bike are turning blue/yellow at the connection. They claim this is hit or miss and nothing can be done.

Is this something I should take up directly with them, or should I contact Rush directly.

Thanks in advance!

Old 04-09-2012, 08:55 AM
Rush Racing Products
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by darincraven
Apparently my dealership here in Grand Forks ND never got this Memo. The right side of my brand new pipes on my brand new bike are turning blue/yellow at the connection. They claim this is hit or miss and nothing can be done.

Is this something I should take up directly with them, or should I contact Rush directly.

Thanks in advance!
I suggest contacting us directly. The best way to handle is to email some pics to sales@rushracingproducts.com. Include a description of your bike, mods, and any information relevant to the issue.
-Ryan

Old 04-09-2012, 10:06 AM
CHOPPIN' CHARLIE
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool Rush rocks

Originally Posted by Rush Racing Products
I suggest contacting us directly. The best way to handle is to email some pics to sales@rushracingproducts.com. Include a description of your bike, mods, and any information relevant to the issue.
-Ryan
I don't need any RUSH RACING PRODUCTS now but fer sure, if I will be needing something they sell, no question they have my business. Would be nice to see huge support for such positive action. If previous posts are true. I have had outstanding results with a couple of vendors from this forum.

Old 08-17-2012, 02:05 PM
HDHardrider57
Novice
Default Outstanding Customer Service Experience

I can personally attest to the outstanding customer service and support at Rush Racing Produsts. I had an issue with the right muffler discoloring and they went above and beyond to help me and my dealer to determine the cause and take care of the problem. All other companies would do well to study Rush Racing's "can do" customer service.

Thank you Adam at Rush Racing for all that you did.

Old 09-21-2014, 08:26 AM
Joeallev972
Novice
Default Big Louie slip ons

Ive had my 13 flhx for a year now and have accumulated some after market parts for an exhaust system. All I'm lacking is slip ons. I haven't been able to hear Big Louies in person and sound bytes are deceiving online. Im curious about Rush 2.5" baffles,are these going to set off car alarms and **** off my neighbors or should i go with 2.00" baffles? I read many reviews and haven't heard anything negative about Rush products. Thanks

Quick Reply: Rush Big Louie Slip Ons turned burnt brown..