Rush Racing Products Performance V-Twin Exhaust — Providing the industry's most complete line of slip-on mufflers.

13' Wide Glide

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2014, 12:48 PM
cgilcher
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 13' Wide Glide

I have a stock 13' Wide Glide and im looking to install some slip on mufflers. Im still stuck between which size baffle to use (2.00 vs. 2.25). I definitely want something louder than stock but dont want anything obnoxiously loud. Do you have any suggestions? I also eventually want to add an air cleaner sometime down the road. Do you have a tuner that you would suggest that works well with your exhaust system? Thanks!!!

Old 08-25-2014, 09:31 AM
Rush Racing Products
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by cgilcher
I have a stock 13' Wide Glide and im looking to install some slip on mufflers. Im still stuck between which size baffle to use (2.00 vs. 2.25). I definitely want something louder than stock but dont want anything obnoxiously loud. Do you have any suggestions? I also eventually want to add an air cleaner sometime down the road. Do you have a tuner that you would suggest that works well with your exhaust system? Thanks!!!
The '13 Wide Glide has a catalytic converter in the head pipes. Due to this we recommend the 2.25" baffle. The converter reduces the sound and increases the back pressure so most people do not consider the 2.25" baffle obnoxiously loud. It will make some noise at wide open throttle but at cruising rpms I don't think it's too much.

If you are having a dealership install I would use whatever tuner they recommend. Sometimes it's a good idea to go with what they install and are most comfortable with. If you install yourself I would recommend a Vance and Hines fuel management systems with a downloadable map. The Cobra auto tune systems have many good reviews as well. The Dynojet Power Commander is also a good system with a few options to fit different budgets.

Thanks for considering Rush. Please let me know if I can provide any other information. -Ryan

Old 08-25-2014, 02:07 PM
cgilcher
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does the Vance & Hines FP3 have a map for your exhaust yet?

Old 08-26-2014, 09:11 AM
Rush Racing Products
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by cgilcher
Does the Vance & Hines FP3 have a map for your exhaust yet?
Most maps are available for download from their website. If there isn't one available for your specific setup, email them. They will find a map that works or create one for you. I've heard good reviews about their support from our customers.