Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

Garage Door Opener Won't Work

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 05:22 PM
HmanT
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Garage Door Opener Won't Work

Attempted to hook up the garage door opener that came with my CVO. Followed the instructions in the owner's manual. Went to the dealership and they printed the instructions that comes with the kit when you purchase one. The GM shared his experience with me in that he had to locate the HD receiver a good distance from his opener. I have done all of that and still can't get the bike transmitter and the receiver to pair. I tried unplugging the receiver, holding down the set button and plugging it back in to erase the memory and start over. The receiver LED is supposed to go out once it receives a signal from the bike transmitter. I am suspecting the problem is in the bike transmitter. Does anyone know exactly where it is located on the bike? I would like to have some idea before I start disassembling. Supposedly, there is an LED on the bike transmitter that should give some indication as to if it is functional. I would appreciate all your thoughts, suggestions and advice, short of scrapping the whole thing, of course.

Old 09-10-2009, 08:11 PM
SteveO
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My receiver is plugged into the same plug as the opener.

I Had no trouble with either of my bikes, 07 & 09. Had to use the small hand transmitter in the car to get the bike to learn the code then did the thing at the opener in the garage where the LED flashes for 10 seconds while the garage transmiter learns the code.

It's tricky sometimes with the newer openers with the rolling codes, had a heck of a time with getting my truck to learn the code and work, that's when I discovered you have to use the small hand transmiter for the set up also.

Good luck.

Steve