Shovelhead A place to talk about Shovelheads.

Talk to me, how many aluminum jugs, dual mag shovels have you seen?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 05:23 PM
Double Trouble
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Talk to me, how many aluminum jugs, dual mag shovels have you seen?

Just curious. My dad had some jugs done a long time ago from pool racing. Also have a dual mag set up, 2 plug heads. Engine has big wheels in it, a radical Leine Weber cam, custom Arias pistons. We also just did the heads. He told me he has never ever seen another shovel head in this style configuration. Have the bike down for some work now, but it is one radical sounding, fast bike. He said he only knows of 1 other set of aluminum shovel jugs.. He built the bike from the ground up, it would be nice to get some info from around the country on the engine set up in question.. Thanks

Old 11-26-2012, 05:26 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,570 Likes on 2,888 Posts

I think there are 1 or 2 on this forum. Very nice bike sept the orange.

Old 11-26-2012, 05:39 PM
Double Trouble
Cruiser

Would love for them to chime in, thanks. Are you talking about the dual mag set up or the jugs? Bike was painted, striped over 25 years ago. Gona keep it that way. Not your typical cookie cutter bike, won WOW show 3 or 4 years in a row. i was not fan either but it grows on ya..

Old 11-26-2012, 05:43 PM
Tom84FXST
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 18,246 Likes on 5,408 Posts

Looks great...would love to see some close up pics of the motor

Old 11-26-2012, 07:49 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,922 Likes on 17,475 Posts

SWEET ! you gotta do some pics of the other side of that monster . Seen one engine done with alum jugs and that was late 70's sometime and it was big inch . Bike was off the hook radical , nothing outside fuel bikes at the track could touch that thing .

That that thing over to Zipper's there in MD , they may be able to help you sort out what you have & who made what .

Last edited by TwiZted Biker; 11-26-2012 at 08:10 PM.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:57 PM
AlCherry
Road Warrior
Received 89 Likes on 50 Posts

Damn nice. TWISTED, you get my message?

Old 11-26-2012, 08:09 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member

Originally Posted by AlCherry
Damn nice. TWISTED, you get my message?
Nothing yet , sent you a PM .

Old 11-26-2012, 09:58 PM
Double Trouble
Cruiser

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
SWEET ! you gotta do some pics of the other side of that monster . Seen one engine done with alum jugs and that was late 70's sometime and it was big inch . Bike was off the hook radical , nothing outside fuel bikes at the track could touch that thing .

That that thing over to Zipper's there in MD , they may be able to help you sort out what you have & who made what .

I will try to get some pics, they will be scans though. Have the bike and engine apart now. I am fairly sure from what my dad has told me it is 100'' or so. I could dust my buddies 1200 sporty, he had worked buell lightning heads, andrews or redline cams, 2-1 pipe. I believe his bike dyno'd 7x+ hp to the wheel at harley. The mags are from Rivera Engineering.. Now where is the guys with these at??/ LOL

Old 11-26-2012, 10:03 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member

Originally Posted by Double Trouble
I will try to get some pics, they will be scans though. Have the bike and engine apart now. I am fairly sure from what my dad has told me it is 100'' or so. I could dust my buddies 1200 sporty, he had worked buell lightning heads, andrews or redline cams, 2-1 pipe. I believe his bike dyno'd 7x+ hp to the wheel at harley. The mags are from Rivera Engineering.. Now where is the guys with these at??/ LOL
I've seen some wild stuff with shovels and AlCherry has seen even more being he was into the racing circuit with them . If I remember right that motor your sporting should fall into the 102" or 107" range and it was a serious **** kicker when done right . They weren't a tame daily rider but OH MY GAWD I CRAPPED MYSELF fun when running

Old 11-26-2012, 10:36 PM
Double Trouble
Cruiser

The cam he picked up off his buddy back in the day because his buddy was offing it,told him it was to radical to putt around on, would chug really hard. Bike sounds like a big compression SBC idling. He bought the cases new from germany, no stampings in them. Pretty sure it has stock HD connecting rods in it. Was all balanced. Has a SU variable venturi carb that sits about 1 foot in front of the front cylinder..

Quick Reply: Talk to me, how many aluminum jugs, dual mag shovels have you seen?