Sponsored by:

110 Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2016, 08:44 AM
Panheadmike
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 110 Upgrade

Looking to upgrade my 2015 SGCVO 110 this winter don't want to go to crazy but maybe just raise compression to 10.5 , upgrade cams and do some head work. what's the Forums thoughts? Any upgrades similar? Good or bad experience?

Old 09-24-2016, 09:05 AM
duglaura&flhti
Road Warrior

Received 99 Likes on 94 Posts

I'm a huge fan of Andrews cams.....Bottom end get up and good numbers Dynoed. Now my build from a Twinkie 95 with some mild head work....very happy and still running past the cool kids

Old 09-24-2016, 11:01 AM
cpbedor
Road Warrior
Received 202 Likes on 165 Posts

My 110 would be in the crazy department but look at the HD Tire Shredder kit. A friend of mine put it on his 16 SG and its SUPER fun to ride. Pick some or all of the components out of that! You've already got the 110 jugs, that kit is pretty impressive.

Old 09-24-2016, 11:43 AM
fltrxcrzy
Cruiser
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Finshed Product!

Forgot the Zippers double piston cam tensioners...

I just did the Screamin' Eagle® Bolt-On 110 Cubic Inch Street Performance Kit - Black Highlighted-92500031. The satisfying thing about this kit is it is 100% complete with all OEM gaskets, the SE 255 cams, full compliment SE cam bearings, and SE lifters. I bought it off Kutter HD,or board something now their renamed, for $1757! which to me was a good value.

I didn't use the cams, lifters or head gasket though. I went with the SE585 cams, S&S High Performance Hydro lifters and .30 MLS head gasket (slight more compression, but not crazy-heat). I also couldn't help myself and stepped up to the S&S cam plate and hi flow oil pump.

The makes great RELIABLE power, while still getting close fuel economy to the 103ci. Averaging approx. 38mpg. The roll on in 6th gear now is huge from the 103ci. No more down shifting to get around the doodler in the fast lane. Haha.

For me, the build need to be a more powerful long distance runner. And since I live in California, I couldn't get too crazy because of heat and laws. I wanted to be able to throw on the stock exhaust, with out major engine overhaul(again) for possible dealer trade in or meet emission stardards in case stopped/cited.

Lets face it, truth be told, engine modifications DO NOT help resale values with these bikes. The reality is, the more "off beat" the modifications are, the less desirable the bike will be to others in resale terms. And in good old Cali, it could potentially cost you $$$ in fines and potiental sale. Yes, I do all my modifications for me. But, I don't do them blindly or without future thought. Its just a hobby and I still have a family to support..Sorry got a little off topic.. Just my two cents..

Last edited by fltrxcrzy; 09-25-2016 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Errors
Old 09-24-2016, 07:08 PM
dixonk
Extreme HDF Member

Received 7,508 Likes on 3,579 Posts

Originally Posted by fltrxcrzy
Finshed Product!

Forgot the Zippers double piston cam tensioners...

I just did the Screamin' Eagle® Bolt-On 110 Cubic Inch Street Performance Kit - Black Highlighted-92500031. The satisfying thing about this kit is it is 100% complete with all OEM gaskets, the SE 255 cams, full compliment SE cam bearings, and SE liffers. I bought it off Kutter HD,or board something now their renamed, for $1757! which to me was a good value.

I didn't use the cams, lifters or head gasket though. I went with the SE585 cams, S&S High Performance Hydro lifters and .30 MLS head gasket (slight more compression, but not crazy-heat). I also couldn't help myself and stepped up to the S&S cam plate and hi flow oil pump.

The makes great RELIABLE power, while still getting close fuel economy to the 103ci. Averaging approx. 38mpg. The roll on in 6th gear now is huge from the 103ci. No more down shifting to get around the doodler in the fast lane. Haha.

For me, the build need to be a more powerful long distance runner. And since I live in California, I couldn't get too crazy because of heat and laws. I wanted to be able to throw on the stock exhaust, with out major engine overhaul(again) for possible dealer trade in or meet emission stardards in case stopped/cited.

Lets face it, truth be told, engine modifications DO NOT help resale values with these bikes. The reality is, the more "off beat" the modifications are, the less desirable the bike will be to others in resale terms. And in good old Cali, it could potentially cost you $$$ in fines and potiental sale. Yes, I do all my modifications for me. But, I don't do them blindly or without future thought. Its just a hobby and I still have a family to support..Sorry got a little off topic.. Just my two cents..
Did your kit come with the SE 110 name plates? Or did you purchase that?

Old 09-24-2016, 09:24 PM
fltrxcrzy
Cruiser

Originally Posted by dixonk
Did your kit come with the SE 110 name plates? Or did you purchase that?
This kit comes with the complete SE Heads. The valves springs are the beefy double behive springs. The name plates are already mounted to the heads. I priced the heads alone new for about a thousand. So, I felt this kit was bargan.

Old 09-24-2016, 09:35 PM
dixonk
Extreme HDF Member

Received 7,508 Likes on 3,579 Posts

Originally Posted by fltrxcrzy
This kit comes with the complete SE Heads. The valves springs are the beefy double behive springs. The name plates are already mounted to the heads. I priced the heads alone new for about a thousand. So, I felt this kit was bargan.
Cool. When I was looking at the stage V tire shredder I did not see the nameplates.

Old 09-24-2016, 09:48 PM
cpbedor
Road Warrior

The buddy of mine who added the whole kit doesn't have the plates either. I don't think they can be added either. Not sure how that other guy has them. I thought the plates only came on CVOs.

That tire shredder though, pretty inexpensive but damn does it go. You'd have to buy a tuner of course since HD can't sell their race tuner anymore. Although if it's important to you to keep a warranty in tact, you'll have to put in their street tuner anyways. He's running a D&D fatcat for exhaust so at the very least you'd have to decat your stock headers if that's what you're still running. Good luck, please keep us posted.

Old 09-24-2016, 10:39 PM
fltrxcrzy
Cruiser

Originally Posted by cpbedor
The buddy of mine who added the whole kit doesn't have the plates either. I don't think they can be added either. Not sure how that other guy has them. I thought the plates only came on CVOs.

That tire shredder though, pretty inexpensive but damn does it go. You'd have to buy a tuner of course since HD can't sell their race tuner anymore. Although if it's important to you to keep a warranty in tact, you'll have to put in their street tuner anyways. He's running a D&D fatcat for exhaust so at the very least you'd have to decat your stock headers if that's what you're still running. Good luck, please keep us posted.
Sounds like your friend got the " tire shredder kit" 92500038 which comes with 58mm throttle body, bigger fuel injectors and the CNC heads not the SE110 heads that in my kit.

Old 09-24-2016, 11:51 PM
cpbedor
Road Warrior

correct

Quick Reply: 110 Upgrade