General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kendon Single trailer... in storage

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2016, 02:50 PM
Capt Steve
Road Captain
Received 244 Likes on 90 Posts
Talking Kendon Single trailer... in storage

My snowbird neighbors are returning in a couple of weeks so I needed to get my Kendon single trailer out of their garage. I got rid of some junk, rearranged a bit and slid it right in up against the wall {that's a bike rack that attaches to my RV between the Kendon and the wall}:

The main reason I went with the Kendon is the ability to store it vertically in a very small space, that and the fact that it tows my Dyna SG like a dream. Easy to load/unload and very secure.

Last edited by Capt Steve; 10-15-2016 at 02:52 PM.
Old 10-15-2016, 09:45 PM
riteway
Extreme HDF Member
Received 987 Likes on 678 Posts

Ive got a duel...Older model with the rock guard and the storage box.I just added a set of LED tail lights to it and those things are crazy bright with the brakes on...
Amazing how well it travels...

Thats a nice setup Steve!!! ...Ready to roll......

Last edited by riteway; 10-15-2016 at 09:55 PM.
Old 10-21-2016, 04:42 AM
SharkBite
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I bought a single Kendon years back used when I had my first Harley (I heard Harley's broke down a lot so......). Damn bike never broke down and the trailer sat in my garage for 2-3 years, never used it once. I had bought it used from a guy in off-season and purposely waited to sell before a bike rally in Florida and ended up making a profit on it.

Old 10-21-2016, 06:09 AM
CMac
Cruiser
Location: Armpit of the Free World (Washington, DC metro area)
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Don't have a trailer, but I do have a Kendon lift...in a word, they are AWESOME!!!

Everyone thinks that because they're so narrow, they're prone to tipping. The fact is that the feet of the lift are the same width as a regular table lift. Notice the photo that this one is on the low notch...it'll get my bike over 30" off the floor.

Run it by hand or by air compressor....love this thing. One of the most important tools in my shop.

Old 10-21-2016, 06:26 AM
GRWHD
Road Warrior
Received 256 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by CMac
Don't have a trailer, but I do have a Kendon lift...in a word, they are AWESOME!!!

Everyone thinks that because they're so narrow, they're prone to tipping. The fact is that the feet of the lift are the same width as a regular table lift. Notice the photo that this one is on the low notch...it'll get my bike over 30" off the floor.

Run it by hand or by air compressor....love this thing. One of the most important tools in my shop.

I have a Kendon lift also, works great & stands against the wall when not in use.

Old 10-21-2016, 07:18 AM
CVO SG
Road Warrior
Received 252 Likes on 205 Posts

This past winter I bought a 2 yr old never used dual Kendon for those times when riding isn't an option. Mine is the ride up model, and wouldnt have it any other way. Towed behind my Ford Escape and you'd never know it was there. Love it! And as above, it stores so easily. Having an enclosed trailer sitting around taking up valuable garage floor space for that 1-2 times a yr use isn't happening.

Took some serious thinking to buy it vs a brand new that appears to be the exact same trailer at a lot less $$. Only difference is these don't have the 3 casters to stand up on end and roll for storing, but otherwise its identical! Be curious if it is in fact the same manufacture.
https://www.kendonusa.com/product/du...e-trailer/url]

http://theusatrailerstore.com/trinity-3-rail-motorcycle-trailer-mt3/[/url]

I've been looking for the rock guard but it no longer shows as an acc.

Last edited by CVO SG; 10-21-2016 at 07:23 AM.
Old 11-14-2016, 02:00 AM
Cep10SG
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I know this is an old post, but here goes. I'm looking for some assistance with fender measurements. I destroyed my left fender after a blowout just before moving overseas, and want to fix it before we get back. I'm looking at fenders on eBay but have no idea what the measurements are. I have 13 inch wheels with a 4 bolt pattern. Bolt pattern measurements would also be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Cep

Old 11-14-2016, 02:06 AM
Cep10SG
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by us1fountain
This past winter I bought a 2 yr old never used dual Kendon for those times when riding isn't an option. Mine is the ride up model, and wouldnt have it any other way. Towed behind my Ford Escape and you'd never know it was there. Love it! And as above, it stores so easily. Having an enclosed trailer sitting around taking up valuable garage floor space for that 1-2 times a yr use isn't happening.

Took some serious thinking to buy it vs a brand new that appears to be the exact same trailer at a lot less $$. Only difference is these don't have the 3 casters to stand up on end and roll for storing, but otherwise its identical! Be curious if it is in fact the same manufacture.
https://www.kendonusa.com/product/du...e-trailer/url]

http://theusatrailerstore.com/trinity-3-rail-motorcycle-trailer-mt3/

I've been looking for the rock guard but it no longer shows as an acc.
I know, late reply. i bought a piece of scrap aluminum "sheet" from a recycling place when I lived in Cali, and its been pretty good so far. The one set back is storage, its in the way most of the time but glad I have it. Found some scrap 1x2 flat steel pieces and had it welded for support on the side tie downs.

Old 11-14-2016, 05:21 AM
Campy Roadie
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,063 Likes on 2,501 Posts

Tractor Supply sells pre-made steel trailer fenders in different sizes. All you need to do weld/bolt it on, prime and paint it.

Old 11-14-2016, 07:28 AM
CVO SG
Road Warrior
Received 252 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by Cep10SG
I know, late reply. i bought a piece of scrap aluminum "sheet" from a recycling place when I lived in Cali, and its been pretty good so far. The one set back is storage, its in the way most of the time but glad I have it. Found some scrap 1x2 flat steel pieces and had it welded for support on the side tie downs.
Yes, making one will be my only option if I can't locate one. Probably could make it detached with a couple of pins so it can be removed easily for upright storage

Quick Reply: Kendon Single trailer... in storage