General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Jacket

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2016, 05:01 PM
Chopper Man
Tourer
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Harley Jacket

Ive been trying to find one of these jackets. No shop near me, has one. So before I order it. I thought I would see if anyone on the forum has one? Just wondering how it's held up and what temperatures its good for. I'm looking for a lighter jacket to wear instead of the leather jacket, when it's not to cold. It's only fleece and wind proof. Thnx

Old 12-02-2016, 07:49 PM
paoloD
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,692 Likes on 1,283 Posts

good friend has one. Its his "go-to " jacket he's had it a bit. I like it. I would have bought one but went with the mesh jacket instead.

Old 12-02-2016, 08:19 PM
Chopper Man
Tourer

Thnx. That's what I'm looking for. My buddy bought one I really like, that is water proof. But I'm not wanting to be matching buddies going down the road.

Old 12-02-2016, 09:17 PM
traffic jam
Road Warrior
Received 691 Likes on 303 Posts

These guys have one:

http://www.adventureharley.com/harle...et-98576-16vm/

It looks like a nice jacket.

Old 12-02-2016, 10:50 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,192 Likes on 2,457 Posts

with a lot of their motorclothes, if you see it, you better buy it. a lot of the stuff is only a 1 year offering, and the dealer orders it before the dealer meeting and what they get is all they are going to get.

I've gotten some good deals on jackets in the past by ordering from my favorite discounter, but I've also lost out on jackets I like by not buying it when I saw it. and I've also followed my own advice and paid full pop for some (after calling my discounter and confirming that it is one of those items that cannot be ordered again)....

Old 12-02-2016, 11:10 PM
Chopper Man
Tourer

Traffic Jam. I found one on the HD main web site I can order it and they will send it to me or the local shop. And I found out that I can return it for a full refund. The local shop told me earlier today that if I order a special order jacket from there shop I can't return it. So I'll be ordering one from the web site. Doesn't make sense to me.

Scratch. That always happens to me. That's why I'll probably jump on it and return if I don't like it. Don't understand the locals policy on returns.

Old 12-03-2016, 05:38 PM
buggy
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Any dealer can run a locate on the item number and find one for you.

Old 12-03-2016, 06:03 PM
Ludwig von Buzzthoven
Road Master
Received 639 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by Chopper Man
The local shop told me earlier today that if I order a special order jacket from there shop I can't return it.
I thought my dealer was bad: they'll let you return a special order, but it'll cost you a 15% restocking fee.

Old 12-03-2016, 06:07 PM
smokingjoe
Road Captain
Received 113 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by paoloD
good friend has one. Its his "go-to " jacket he's had it a bit. I like it. I would have bought one but went with the mesh jacket instead.

This one ?

Old 12-04-2016, 09:13 AM
traffic jam
Road Warrior
Received 691 Likes on 303 Posts

My dealer does the same thing Chopperman - that's why I always order the item online. Barnett's, House of Harley and a few others are the ones I deal with. Also, eventually the jacket will go on sale - you just have to watch in case you miss it - and I have missed it or my size is gone. I think I've only paid full price twice over the years - because they were very popular, limited runs - once they are gone they're never coming back and you won't find them on ebay - people tend to hang on to them. Ebay does have great deals on "regular" Harley leather jackets though.

Ordering online is the way to go - glad you're getting it.

Last edited by traffic jam; 12-04-2016 at 09:15 AM.

Quick Reply: Harley Jacket