General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where have all the evos gone

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 10:57 PM
funkfist
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where have all the evos gone

Hey guys I was browsing craigslist looking for an evo to pick up, specifically a 90 and up softail deluxe and I can no longer find any in my area. I was watching the prices and seen about 6 since December. Are people just waiting till warmer weather or are evos hard to come by nowdays?

Old 01-20-2017, 11:15 PM
Labrador
Road Master
Received 503 Likes on 260 Posts

Not too many private sellers sell their bikes during the winter months. You should see more once the riding season gets on its way. Have you checked Cycletrader? You should be able to find some there.

Old 01-20-2017, 11:16 PM
Roadghost
Road Warrior
Received 625 Likes on 284 Posts

Being loaded onto containers and shipped overseas.

Old 01-21-2017, 12:31 AM
RHPAW
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 13,793 Likes on 6,214 Posts

I'm not finished with it yet.

Old 01-21-2017, 01:04 AM
pie plate
Road Master
Received 55 Likes on 53 Posts

Private agents comb America to buy the old stuff and ship it to Europe and Asia...I have seen and spoken with guys from England doing this now, days ago, in northern california...modern treasure hunters...

but you only want one...

They won't get them all. 4 gees ought to get a decent evo for the period, imho. But no, mine's going with me to the grave...in, one may hope, the fullness of time...

Maybe newprez will get a tariff on export of the old stuff...we can dream...

Seriously, do not be discouraged - people sell bikes to pay taxes...new babies, child support, rent - many are in need... and prices are lower when the seller has motivation...every season has aspects that may be turned to advantage... cash talks...in warm weather more people have more money, prices rise...

Some wrecking yards sell bikes as a side-line, storage bikes that racked up charges while the owner went...?...jail? Went gone... I looked at some of these when I bought my old evo...it's a convenient way to see whatzwhat. Then found a nut whose cancer had made him so crippled that he gave up riding...brain dead dude too...speed! Wasted brain... Anyway rode the old b tch home, parts mostly stayed on...got lotza extra bits - get all the bits the guy's got...so I say. I have even had guys throw in an extra bike - for nothing. A 1990 1200 sporty! Once And I gave it to a pal.

best of luck!

Old 01-21-2017, 04:04 AM
Bestrafen
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 518 Likes on 267 Posts

Lots of them around here for sale.

Old 01-21-2017, 04:43 AM
Mxdad
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 456 Likes on 356 Posts

As others have said used listings will pick up in the spring. Most sellers won't try to sell in the winter months because they know the buyer pool is smaller and they can on average get a higher selling price when it is warm and more people are ridding. It may benefit you to look at more national listings like Ebay or cycletrader also

Old 01-21-2017, 07:06 AM
Daytona Fat Boy
Road Warrior
Received 187 Likes on 151 Posts

If you're looking specifically for an Evo Softail Deluxe, there's no such animal. The Deluxe model was introduced in the mid 2000s and of course they had Twin Cam engines. This could why you may be having a tough time finding that combination. The model designation FLSTN was used in '93 for the Cow Glide, & then from '94 through '97 as the Nostalgia. When the Deluxe was introduced, it took on the FLSTN designation. You might have better luck searching for an Evo Nostalgia or Evo FLSTN.

Old 01-21-2017, 07:21 AM
cocky
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 152 Likes on 124 Posts

Two cow glides for sale here, but way over priced in my opinion.

Old 01-21-2017, 08:10 AM
TroubleHead Fred
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,961 Likes on 1,159 Posts

I still see quite a few for sale in my area, lots of good deals to be had.

If I was looking for an Evo softail I would be all over a deal like this.https://tulsa.craigslist.org/mcy/5964158606.html
Lots of extras with it.

Quick Reply: Where have all the evos gone