Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My path to acquire Samson 39" Cholo's

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2014, 01:13 PM
LowRider68
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default My path to acquire Samson 39" Cholo's

I have read about the anguish my fellow riders have gone through when trying to buy Cholo's from Samson. So, I have decided to start a thread of my experience buying them. I will go conversation, by conversation and see how or if Samson is getting their act together.

I'll start with today...

11/17/14: Contacted Samson about buying the S2-438 non-baffled Cholo's. If fact, I called last week to see if they had any and was told to call back in a week because they are getting a shipment of them in. They told me their are 34 sets on backorder and was told their will be plenty to fill future orders along with the backordered cholo's.

Anyway, I called today and the shipment literally came in about an hour before I called. She told me they have 33 on backorder (someone must of backed out) and need to fill those first. I said: When I called last week I was told you would have plenty coming in to fill future orders too... She kind of gave me the run around and said to call back and talk to the person I talked to last week (he was on lunch). Otherwise she said the next shipment will be in 4-6 weeks. Really?

11/17/14, 1:47pm: Just talked to Samson again about get the S2-438. I've decided to only deal with one person so they get to know me and hopefully remember the conversations. Samson sales told me that the system hasn't been updated yet with the shipment they got today. So, sales took down my number and said they would call me tomorrow and let me know where they are with Cholo's.

Stay tuned...

Last edited by LowRider68; 11-17-2014 at 01:51 PM.
Old 11-17-2014, 04:28 PM
Jameson
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lol good luck

Old 11-17-2014, 04:35 PM
heritageblue2013
Grand HDF Member
Received 558 Likes on 309 Posts

Might I suggest you order them C.O.D.? If they don't do that I would not give them my money. From what you have said so far, I feel they would take your money and then you would be waiting a long time. You have not bought from them yet and you have gotten different stories.
When I bought my Vance and Hines, I ordered them through my Harley dealers parts counter. They did not even require a deposit. Sweet! Now if there had been a waiting game or problem, I was out nothing.

Old 11-17-2014, 04:41 PM
Jameson
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had to file a credit card dispute after wiring 5 months for mine. Then a month after I requested my $900 refund I disputed it.

Old 11-17-2014, 05:18 PM
jcsshane
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I am curious about Sampson ~ Are they still in SD? Are they still made in the USA? Are they still Family owned? If all these things are still true - How in the hell can they take so long to get? Not like they have to jump thru hoops from a manufacturer in Taiwan or China. I know Sampson hangs out here once in a while - How about a heads up? People here trying to spend money with you and they are the ones having to jump thru hoops instead of the other way around.

Old 11-17-2014, 06:24 PM
dfwhockey17
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 283 Likes on 250 Posts

I finally received my 39" about a week ago after a 5 month wait. I got the usual runaround when I called them. I was told, before Sturgis my pipes would ship (to Drag Specialties) after the Sturgis rally. I waited until a week after the rally to call and check the status. I was told they had an issue with their chrome shop and the chromer had actually seized a truck load of pipes....After multiple calls and a few more months I saw my local warehouse had some in stock, one of which was mine. If I was not so dead set on having these pipes for the look I am trying to achieve I would have canceled the order and drove down the street and picked up a D&D Fat Cat...Good luck in your endeavor!

Old 11-17-2014, 07:22 PM
jcsshane
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dfwhockey17
I finally received my 39" about a week ago after a 5 month wait. I got the usual runaround when I called them. I was told, before Sturgis my pipes would ship (to Drag Specialties) after the Sturgis rally. I waited until a week after the rally to call and check the status. I was told they had an issue with their chrome shop and the chromer had actually seized a truck load of pipes....After multiple calls and a few more months I saw my local warehouse had some in stock, one of which was mine. If I was not so dead set on having these pipes for the look I am trying to achieve I would have canceled the order and drove down the street and picked up a D&D Fat Cat...Good luck in your endeavor!

Curious if Sampson had a booth at the Rally - I didn't notice, but I wasn't looking. Hard to believe they wouldn't - and hard to believe they didn't have stock there.

Old 11-17-2014, 08:47 PM
LowRider68
Tourer

[QUOTE=heritageblue2013;13426154]Might I suggest you order them C.O.D.? QUOTE]

Good idea!! However, does anyone still do COD?

Old 11-17-2014, 08:47 PM
LowRider68
Tourer

Yes, they are still in SD.

Old 11-17-2014, 08:51 PM
LowRider68
Tourer

The problem is... I have wanting the 39" Cholo's for over a year. I just love that style!! If I have to wait, then I have to wait. I just wanted to document my whole experience for others.

Quick Reply: My path to acquire Samson 39" Cholo's