Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SE Cam Support Plate & High Volume Oil Pump Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2015, 07:34 AM
Nostradamus74
Road Captain
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Fat11Lo
Don't know if you have tried this but there is a link in the general chat area in the stickies for a site where you can use actual HD parts catalogs. You may try to look up your stock oil pump and check the number compared to the screaming eagle part number.
Yep, already done. As I supposed '07 and newer models have stock oil pump 26037-06, which was the high-flow pump included in the SE kit for older models.
The High-Volume oil pump for '07 newer models included in the SE kit is 62400001 which is an even improved one compared to the 26037-06. So, basically, on '07 and newer models the oil pump can be improved without buying the expensive SE kit 25282-11 just simply ordering a 62400001 pump for about $110 with a little discount, retail about $130. That's not so bad and can be an acceptable compromise if not willing to spend over $400 bucks for the entire kit.
I hope this thread can be useful also for other users, at least I hope so.

Old 01-30-2015, 07:22 PM
uscanuck
Road Warrior
Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Nostradamus74
Couldn't care less of the SE logo inscribed on the High-Volume Oil Pump, just wishing to learn and understand not only in a superficial way, nor wasting money.
SE120R engine has the High-Volume Oil Pump as stock and that's something to think about. Regarding the Cam Support Plate it might not be necessary, I agree. I also think there are a few stats on this parts failure on newer models simply because they're new and not many miles on them too. The reason why I started this thread was because a reliable mechanic and a dyno tuner recommended this mod. Just wished to go deeper and cross check these info.

Thank you very much Kbore and glad you posted your reply to this thread after a long time. Studying these kind of mods/upgrade to me is important, being related with the longevity of the engine. A forum is not only a place to show the new powdercoated struts or the 14' apehanger.
I'm not an expert nor a tech-skilled rider but before deciding whether to go for a mod or not, just wish to learn and understand. From your reply I realize you perfectly understood my point of view. Thanks.
Not sure my point came across correctly. Saying something is hi-volume is just marketing unless they provide specs on the flow rate that proves it is better than the stock unit.

Also, what kbore said is correct. But he has an 02 with the spring tensioner where this upgrade makes sense. You have hydraulic tensioners which have not shown to be a problem. Nor has the cam support plate.

Old 01-31-2015, 02:45 AM
Nostradamus74
Road Captain

Originally Posted by uscanuck
Not sure my point came across correctly. Saying something is hi-volume is just marketing unless they provide specs on the flow rate that proves it is better than the stock unit.

Also, what kbore said is correct. But he has an 02 with the spring tensioner where this upgrade makes sense. You have hydraulic tensioners which have not shown to be a problem. Nor has the cam support plate.
SE describes specs for this oil pump as increasing oil supply by 16% and scavenging by 29% over the '06 and later stock oil pump. That sounds acceptable to me.

Old 01-31-2015, 07:07 AM
Pigbacon
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SE describes specs for this oil pump as increasing oil supply by 16% and scavenging by 29% over the '06 and later stock oil pump. That sounds acceptable to me.
That claim is true. Like I said it increased my pressure and my flow. Glad I installed it. Glad I spent my money on it. I would do it again. Its a great upgrade and it's added insurance.

Go for it and don't let the Nay-Sayers talk you out of it.

Old 01-31-2015, 09:23 AM
Fat11Lo
Road Warrior
Received 471 Likes on 251 Posts

Yep, already done. As I supposed '07 and newer models have stock oil pump 26037-06, which was the high-flow pump included in the SE kit for older models. The High-Volume oil pump for '07 newer models included in the SE kit is 62400001 which is an even improved one compared to the 26037-06. So, basically, on '07 and newer models the oil pump can be improved without buying the expensive SE kit 25282-11 just simply ordering a 62400001 pump for about $110 with a little discount, retail about $130. That's not so bad and can be an acceptable compromise if not willing to spend over $400 bucks for the entire kit. I hope this thread can be useful also for other users, at least I hope so.
If you're looking to go Harley then check New Castle HD in PA. Still offer discounts and are very easy to deal with and don't rape you on the shipping

Old 01-31-2015, 09:29 AM
Fat11Lo
Road Warrior
Received 471 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by uscanuck
Not sure my point came across correctly. Saying something is hi-volume is just marketing unless they provide specs on the flow rate that proves it is better than the stock unit. Also, what kbore said is correct. But he has an 02 with the spring tensioner where this upgrade makes sense. You have hydraulic tensioners which have not shown to be a problem. Nor has the cam support plate.
I think you're point came across well. I think what may be confusing to some is the fact that a stock pump in a later model engine is an upgrade in an older model, but more volume becomes necessary when the chain tensioners are changed over to hydraulic. More work for the lubrication requires more flow.

Old 01-31-2015, 12:11 PM
Nostradamus74
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Pigbacon
That claim is true. Like I said it increased my pressure and my flow. Glad I installed it. Glad I spent my money on it. I would do it again. Its a great upgrade and it's added insurance.

Go for it and don't let the Nay-Sayers talk you out of it.
I think you're point came across well. I think what may be confusing to some is the fact that a stock pump in a later model engine is an upgrade in an older model, but more volume becomes necessary when the chain tensioners are changed over to hydraulic. More work for the lubrication requires more flow.
Thanks guys, I decided to go for it as I consider the oil pump upgrade a good insurance for the longevity of the engine and well spent money. I really appreciate your posts!

Old 01-31-2015, 02:07 PM
Nostradamus74
Road Captain

If you're looking to go Harley then check New Castle HD in PA. Still offer discounts and are very easy to deal with and don't rape you on the shipping
Unfortunately US dealers don't ship outside Us, it's HD policy. I live in Italy so I have to fight with national and continental dealers and prices. Luck there's ebay where sometimes you can grab a bargain from indy sellers or some US Bros wishing to sell own parts. Anyway thanks for the hint!

Old 02-13-2018, 01:57 PM
MattZone
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Recent 25282-11 Install w/ pic

I did this upgrade (2009 Ultra) and think it’s good so far. Supposed to help with heat. I attached a picture of the stock plate and pump next to the upgraded plate and pump.

fyi, I recommend installing the pump first, and then installing the plate after. It helps with seating the pump and aligning the rotors, etc.

Last edited by MattZone; 02-13-2018 at 01:58 PM.
Old 02-13-2018, 04:51 PM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,414 Likes on 4,018 Posts

Not sure you realize you resurrected a 3 year old thread......

In any case, good luck with your Mod...

Quick Reply: SE Cam Support Plate & High Volume Oil Pump Upgrade