Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WO550 Beach Bar Cable Lengths for Deluxe

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 05:09 PM
moefoties
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Default WO550 Beach Bar Cable Lengths for Deluxe

Hi everyone. I'm in the process of ordering everything I need to swap out my stock Deluxe bars for some Wild1 Beach Bars (WO550), but I'm at a stand-still with the cables. After contacting Wild1, they e-mailed saying I'd need +2 for the Clutch and +4 for the Throttle, Idle, and Brake. Not to disregard their response, but NC D'LUXE made a solid point in another thread about the many guys on the forum who have installed Burly Beach Bars going with +2 on all cables. The point being that since the WO550 bars are not as wide, going with +4 on the right side would likely be overkill. I'd hate to spend all that cash on some nice braided stainless cables only to realize they're too long and look sloppy.

There must be somebody on this forum who has put the WO550s on their Deluxe and knows the ideal cable lengths...ANYONE??? I've already scoured the forum and have come-up emty-handed. Thanks in advance for any input guys...much appreciated. Can't wait to get these bars on! Here's the link to the other thread I referenced earlier: (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...each-bars.html

Old 01-30-2015, 10:25 AM
fall guy
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FWIW I did the Burly Bikini Beach bars on my 05 Heritage and I extended the wiring hardness 4" and the brake lines 2". The clutch cable was PLENTY long and the throttle cables worked, but any more then the bikini beach bars and they would need to be extended. Hope that helps.

Old 01-30-2015, 01:10 PM
moefoties
Cruiser

Originally Posted by fall guy
FWIW I did the Burly Bikini Beach bars on my 05 Heritage and I extended the wiring hardness 4" and the brake lines 2". The clutch cable was PLENTY long and the throttle cables worked, but any more then the bikini beach bars and they would need to be extended. Hope that helps.
Thanks for the input Fall Guy, I appreciate it.

Old 01-30-2015, 02:42 PM
tidbit1
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I was on a Softail FB page last night and saw the name i believe it was Hill Country Customs ???? I went to the site and they have put a lot of time in putting complete handlebar "kits" together, telling you what length cables you need for their bars. Maybe go to their site and see if they have the bars you like and go from there for comparison to what Wild Ones has told you?????????????

Old 02-05-2015, 06:45 PM
moefoties
Cruiser

I'd like to thank fall guy and tidbit1 for the input. I'll be ordering +2 on the clucth and +4 on the brake, idle, and throttle as recommended by Wild1. When the work is all done, I'll come back and let you all know how it worked out. Should be another month or two.

Old 02-05-2015, 06:57 PM
andyshd
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For whatever it's worth: I installed the WO550 on my Road King and followed Wild1's instructions for getting +2" on clutch and +4" on idle, throttle and brakes. The fitment is excellent.

Old 02-06-2015, 08:42 PM
moefoties
Cruiser

Originally Posted by andyshd
For whatever it's worth: I installed the WO550 on my Road King and followed Wild1's instructions for getting +2" on clutch and +4" on idle, throttle and brakes. The fitment is excellent.
Thanks for the input andyshd. That's what I'll go with.