Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

memphis shades batwing fairing

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 09:57 AM
koolkris
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default memphis shades batwing fairing

I'm looking into purchasing a ms batwing fairing for my 01 Fatboy,my fatboy is vivid black, does anyone know if they come in more than one color? I emailed a seller on ebay asking about color they said it came flat black like primer, I have read older post on here that said there's came black and matched harley black so they didn't need to repaint.
I looked on ms website and didn't see any info on color.
Anyone bought one lately and tell me about the color???

Old 03-29-2015, 10:11 AM
Beatz
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They only come in one color, black. Fairly well done though, so no re-paint is required. You would have to have it sprayed if you want another color. One option is to add some vinyl wrap that matches your bike color, pinstrip, maybe a HD decal to tie it in depending on your theme.

Old 03-29-2015, 10:47 AM
JP-FLSTFB
Tourer

For reference this is ms batwing out of the box. My bike is blackened cayenne but will match vivid black perfect.

memphis shades batwing fairing-image-2186354955.jpg

Old 03-29-2015, 10:59 AM
koolkris
Intermediate

Thanks for the reply guys!!!
do any of you know in reference to my MS windshield where the top of the batwing fairing will be?
I'm trying to figure out how tall of windshield I will need on the batwing, currently my windshield is 17 inches tall measuring from the headlight cut out

Old 03-29-2015, 11:05 AM
Beatz
Cruiser

I had that same question with my ride. Since so many things factor in, such as your seat height (if you have changed seats), blinker clearance, bars, etc.. I would suggest ordering the mount and fairing first, get it all mounted and measured, then order the windscreen. Sit on your bike in normal riding position, stick out your tongue, thats how high you want.

Old 03-29-2015, 11:09 AM
koolkris
Intermediate

Any suggestions were a guy would get a good price?

Old 03-29-2015, 11:26 AM
Beatz
Cruiser

Originally Posted by koolkris
Any suggestions were a guy would get a good price?
These are pretty tough to find at a discount. I would usually say ebay, you will probably get your best price. However, these things are one big piece of plastic, and have heard many complaints of these arriving damaged. They have to be packaged perfectly and hopefully handled well by the carrier. So I would go with someone with good customer service in case you have any problems, J&P, Dennis Kirk, Memphis Shades etc.. The mount kit and shield, just find the cheapest you can, I see ebay deals all the time. You will be itching $500 once it's all said and done. These hold their value pretty well too, I see them on Craigslist from time to time for around what they sell for new and they get grabbed up quick.

Last edited by Beatz; 03-29-2015 at 11:46 AM.
Old 03-29-2015, 11:45 AM
JP-FLSTFB
Tourer

Got mine on eBay as a package deal for 500 bucks. Fairing , windshield, windshield trim , trigger lock mount.

The fairing adjust forward backward up and down on the mount so you can get your shield to sit where it works best. Look into the recurve shields I had some buffering with the 5 inch straight shield.

Old 03-31-2015, 01:57 AM
05HDWGFB
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by koolkris
Thanks for the reply guys!!!
do any of you know in reference to my MS windshield where the top of the batwing fairing will be?
I'm trying to figure out how tall of windshield I will need on the batwing, currently my windshield is 17 inches tall measuring from the headlight cut out
I just installed a ms batwing on my 05' fatboy. Careful when tightening the windshield bolts. I cracked my tinted w/s and had to use the clear instead. Its a clean looking accessory considering the price. You do get what you pay for.

Old 03-31-2015, 03:08 AM
hydora
Supporter

It doens't look a like Memphis Shade, 'cause those square headlight cut out.

Quick Reply: memphis shades batwing fairing