Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Selling SG. Slim or a Fat Boy

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 05:21 PM
Ragnar
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FFeric
I stopped at a local HD dealer yesterday. I between the rain I was able to get assort demo ride on a Slim. I as very comfortable on the bike. First thing I noticed was how easy it was to touch the ground when I can to a stop. When I get a chance I will take a Fat Boy for a ride. The g/f is liking the Slim more Se used to be sold on the Fat Boy. But we saw a couple on a Fat Boy and the passenger was sitting much higher then the rider. I know these bikes are on the same frame. So my guess s the passenger on a Slim would be sitting just as high?
Maybe. It depends on the seat a fair amount, 'cause seats can be/are designed differently, and also whether you lower/raise the back end in regards to the front. Also, it depends somewhat on the heights of rider and passenger. If she's a foot shorter than you vs. if she's a foot taller than you will make a difference. Also, comparing stock bikes, the Slim is the lowest seat, then the Lo, then the FB. Doing something like lowering kit or a Shotgun Shock can alter that height a fair amount.

I cannot tell you how either bike rides a passenger - both of ours are set up as solo-only bikes.

Old 05-26-2015, 05:26 PM
fatfatboy
Tourer
Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by FFeric
,,, I know these bikes are on the same frame. So my guess s the passenger on a Slim would be sitting just as high?
Not so. I have both a Fatboy and a Slim. My wife says when its cold she prefers the Slim because she sits lower on it than the Fatboy and I block more wind.
Fatboy is an 03 Slim is a '14.